Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food finds!

Just had to share some great new foods that I have tried recently. You are probably aware of these if you ever read the thread "What Did You Eat Today?" But if not...

PB2 - It's powdered peanuts that you can either reconstitute with a little Water into Peanut Butter spread, or you can add to a chocolate Protein shake to make the most delicious peanut butter cup shake ever!!! :thumbup: Best of all, for 2 Tblsp. it only has 53 cal., 1.8 g fat, 5.6 g. Protein. And it blends right into your Protein Shake -- much better than regular peanut butter! Here's a link for the cheapest place I found it ($3.99/jar): Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

DaVinci sugar free Flavored syrups -- YUM. I bought three flavors: chocolate, English Toffee, and coconut. They're great in Protein shakes, coffee, milk, etc. The best thing is they don't have any sugar alcohol in them (which, if you don't know, causes a lot of intestinal distress *ahem*). These are 0-calorie, made with Splenda. Here's a link to the gazillion flavors:

DaVinci sugar free Syrups

If you have any food finds that you'd like to share, please do! I love trying new things. :sneaky:

I USE the powdered Peanut Butter and purchase from the same place.

BUT I purchase flavor extracts from the health food store and add them to my shakes or meals and add stevia which is zero calories and comes from the stevia leaf

I USE the powdered Peanut Butter and purchase from the same place.

BUT I purchase flavor extracts from the health food store and add them to my shakes or meals and add stevia which is zero calories and comes from the stevia leaf

Laura, that's a great idea to buy the flavor extracts! Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I have tried stevia, but didn't like it. What brand do you use? I have heard that different brands sometimes taste different. I tried SweetLeaf. I'm reluctant to shell out more money for another box b/c it's so expensive if I don't like it. But, I really like the idea of it much better than anything artificial, so I'm willing to consider trying again.

Thanks! :cursing:

Laura, that's a great idea to buy the flavor extracts! Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I have tried stevia, but didn't like it. What brand do you use? I have heard that different brands sometimes taste different. I tried SweetLeaf. I'm reluctant to shell out more money for another box b/c it's so expensive if I don't like it. But, I really like the idea of it much better than anything artificial, so I'm willing to consider trying again.

Thanks! :huh2:

I use the Vitamin Shoppe packets for my DH. For cooking and me, I use Trader Joes brand in a large cylinder,

There is supposed to be a brand that is sold presently in the supermarkets that is a blend of regular sugar and Stevia. That might be a healthy start for you, since you are getting off the use of sugar,

Stevia cannot be used in baking unless the oven is under 325 and needs some type of sugar in it. So I either add a tablespoon of my powdered shake which has fruit sugar in it or agava or light brown sugar.

ONce you learn (experiment) with Stevia you will never go back. I have found that my son and his friends can not tell the difference

As for Stevia in sugaring up meals...I add once the pot is off the stove (same for hot chocolate.....yummy)

:cursing::drool::scared2::drool:over stevia

Thanks, Laura. I will continue to pursue Stevia. I think I'll shy away from the one that contains sugar, though, as I've been off all white sugar since May. I'll do some research and find out which brand that is.

Thanks again! :cursing:

Spidey and everyone

I am making my chicken for the family and myself for dinner

Well...need the veggie

so I cut up cabbage and put it in liquid (catsup, MAPLE EXTRACT, and Water, and apple cider vinegar (almost forgot)) added cranies and have been stirring it

tasted and it tastes really good

I have cut up white eggplant skin removed...waiting to add once the cabbage has wilted....waiting

then I will cook it some more

and alter the ingredients if needed

and add once off the stove.....STEVIA

why not make it sweeter when I can

Laura from NY

PS...the house smells amazing and this way you do NOT have that horrible smell of cabbage

MIL house smells like a cabbage attacked...ugh

Mmm... I love cabbage, Laura! I haven't had any in a long time.

BTW, wanted to tell you that I found (and ordered) a new peanut powder today. It's from Byrd Mill, and it has no added sugar or salt, which PB2 has a little bit of. The real reason I ordered it is that it comes in 5 lb. increments, which saves a bundle of money! With shipping and handling and tax (which you only pay in VA), it is $30.56. For a 2-Tblsp. serving, you would get 80 servings out of 5 lbs., so the per serving cost would be 38 cents. Not bad!

The nutritional info for 2 Tblsp is: 50 cal., 1.5 g. fat, 6 Protein.

The nut. info for 2 Tblsp. regular Peanut Butter is: 190 cal, 16 g. fat, 7 Protein.< /p>

Hmm... which one do I want in my protein shake?? :lol:

I'll let you know how the Byrd Mill peanut "flour" is.

Wheat thins Flatbread crackers. with babybell lite garlic & herb cheese... to.die.for.

I believe Hy Vee is just a Midwest grocery store, but they sell it in their health food section it's only 3.99 and you don't have to pay any shipping. Might not hurt to check you local grocers heath food section, it is good stuff!

I believe Hy Vee is just a Midwest grocery store, but they sell it in their health food section it's only 3.99 and you don't have to pay any shipping. Might not hurt to check you local grocers heath food section, it is good stuff!

Do you mean the PB2? I've looked for it in every store here in my area, to no avail. I just got my Byrd Mill peanut flour in the mail yesterday, and it is good, but it's different from PB2. You can definitely tell there is NO sugar in the Byrd Mill. Also, the Byrd Mill tastes like roasted peanuts fresh out of the shell. I definitely like it, but I would say, if you are looking for something that tastes just like Peanut Butter, opt for the PB2. :scared2:

Any other interesting foods out there??

Here's a little tip that adds veggies to your day -- if you make your own Protein shakes, add some baby carrots to add Fiber and a little extra Protein (1 g. for 10). Carrots don't alter the taste, in my opinion. I've even thrown some lettuce greens in there, in an attempt to get more veggies in my day! :( (However, the greens will alter the taste.)

Oh sorry, yeah I was talking about PB2. Hy Vee has a Health food section in their store and that is where I found it.

I was at my doctors office and they were selling a new high Protein Meal Replacement powder called Chike. It is absolutely delicious. I couldn't find it anywhere except online at chikenutrition.com. You can get a sample of all 6 flavors and just pay for shipping. Also if you want to order something, use the coupon code "GIFT" and get 30% off. I love the chocolate and banana. Now that my band is super tight I am having to rely a lot more on this to get my protein in. Hope you guys like it.

Edited by Dani257969
forgot to add web address

I was at my doctors office and they were selling a new high Protein meal replacement powder called Chike. It is absolutely delicious. I couldn't find it anywhere except online at chikenutrition.com. You can get a sample of all 6 flavors and just pay for shipping. Also if you want to order something, use the coupon code "GIFT" and get 30% off. I love the chocolate and banana. Now that my band is super tight I am having to rely a lot more on this to get my Protein in. Hope you guys like it.

ThANKS.....I JUST ORDERED...S/H was 6.95 and well worth it. I use the product from HSN. I use Andrew Lessman shakes and since I use so much I order it from his place instead of HSN.

I noticed that Chike had recipes.. I add my shake to a lot of items for extra protein NOt for me but my family... my teenager is a poor eater.

Thanks again for your post........ love shakes so excited!

I discovered a wonderful chip the other day. If you're going to eat anything other than triscuit I would recommend these for the health ingredients.

FoodShouldTasteGood,Inc. They have a multitude of unique flavors. Multigrain, Sweet Potato, Lime, Cinnamon, Buffalo, Yellow Corn, Potato and Chive, The Works, Olive, chocolate and Jalapeno.

For example, the Sweet Potato has Stone Ground Corn, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Sweet Potato, Corn Bran, Evaporated Cane juice and Sea Salt.

They are so tasty, so simple and yet healthy. Go for it Bandsters, seriously. FoodShouldTasteGood chips | All-natural healthy Snacks

Cosco has the big hummas containers but now they sell them in 80 calories portions........out here they fly off the shelf...so when I find it ... I put three boxes in the basement...

It is 80 calories and it limits you since each one is a portion size...my son loves them also but he eats 2 or 3.

For me... I do not have to finish the big container or allow it to call me............lol