Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

it's my 1 year bandiversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i made it!!!!!!!!!! i did it!!!!!!!!!!!! i lost 141 pounds in a year!!!!!!!!!! starting weight 296...current weight 158.4...size 6.....i lost tons and gained so much mentally and physically!!!!!!!!!! i'm no different then any of u!!!!!!!! it feels sooooooooooooo good ...words can't even explain...if i could put u in my body for 2 minutes to let u feel this natural high ...i would...but i would take it right back...lol...my advice...start immediately!!!!!!!!! do this...go big and get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big congrats on your success! You sound so happy and should be sooooooooooo proud of yourself. I know that I am happier and healthier than I have been in years and plan on staying that way. I am 54 and feel like I could run circles around any 19yr old!

What type of eating changes did you make and do you have any sample menu plans that are easy to accompish with three kids? I'm excited and nervous that this will be my last chance at freedom.... as far as weight is concerned . Thanks for your help!

What type of eating changes did you make and do you have any sample menu plans that are easy to accompish with three kids? I'm excited and nervous that this will be my last chance at freedom.... as far as weight is concerned . Thanks for your help!

my weight gain was strictly due to no exercise and huge portions...i don't have a sweet tooth...i eat what i ate b4 i was banded...i dont treat my band like a diet...bcuz this isn't a diet...i love mexican food...i still eat chicken fajitas...taco meat...refried Beans...carne asada...lots of salsa...but i only eat a 1/2 cup...i do cut calories and fat where ever possible...but i do not cut taste or flavor...i don't make myself misreable...i do not eat "all out junk food" and i do stay away from rice...pasta and white bread...i eat a lot of Fiber...if i do eat bread...its a multigrain bread and only a half a slice...i also eat tuna salad..egg salad..i use regular mayo...i eat chicken, spinach and mushroom pesto...fish...veggies..chicken stir fry...i eat everything except for what i mentioned...exercise has a lot to do with my loss...i've exercised since the day i came home and have always added to my routine..i can tell by ur mind-set ur going to do great...take it day by day

I take it that this question was intended for OP but can give you a few suggestions on what worked for me. First off, it's not easy but if you plan and really work on sticking to recommendations by your LB doc and not veer from his plan, you will be successful.

Go into it all with the mind set that this WILL work. I cook massive amounts of food every day. We farm and I have a crew to feed during the farm season. I revamped most of my recipes to high Protein and low fat or fat free so that I could still sit at the table with everyone. I am also on the road a lot (farm errands) and there are times that I need to eat on the run. I always have a stash of food with me that will get me through. I never missed getting my 75gr of Protein in a day. I always also made sure to get enough Fiber in my diet to keep things going. I also never missed a day with journeling my food to hold me accountable. If I reached my max cals at 4pm, then I was done for the day. By doing this I learned to space things out to make my cals last for the day.

Hope this helps:thumbup:

thank you mimilou...i'm so excited 2day!!!!!!!!! and i 4got to mention getting a lean cut of meat...brisket...tri-tip and cooking it in a slow cooker...throw some carrots in there if u wish...delicious...and the meat comes out tender...goes down nicely and keeps that pouch nice and satisfied!!!!!!!!

Congrats girlfriend! You are such an inspiration! Relish in this day, you have worked hard to get here!

Oh, BTW, did you ever platue? and If you did when was it and how did you rev back up?

Deanna

i honestly didn't weight myself on a weekly basis...i only weighted in at my doctors appointments...i'm sure i did go weeks with losing very little or nothing at all...i did have to maintain my weight the month of april...i was losing real fast and my surgeon wanted me to stablize my weight for a month...i still exercised but i didnt add to my routine...the last 15-20 were very difficult...it took me from may to august to get those last 15-20 off.

congratulations. i am pre op and your story has made me excited and amped up my motivation

i honestly didn't weight myself on a weekly basis...i only weighted in at my doctors appointments...i'm sure i did go weeks with losing very little or nothing at all...i did have to maintain my weight the month of april...i was losing real fast and my surgeon wanted me to stablize my weight for a month...i still exercised but i didnt add to my routine...the last 15-20 were very difficult...it took me from may to august to get those last 15-20 off.

I went through that also...the last 15-20 seemed as if they were just never going to come off. But, you made it to goal and I wish for you to maintain and continue on your successful road. Think back a year ago...so lucky to be where you are at a year out. A BIG thumbs up.

A question...did your PS doc have a problem with you having TT so soon during the weight loss process????

my band surgeon thought i should wait to have my Tummy Tuck until my weight stablized...my plastic surgeon said as long as i was no more then 15 pounds away from goal i shouldn't have a problem...at the time of my tummy tuck i was 1 pound from goal...i did go back and 4th in my own head....but i didnt just have a tt for appreance...i had so much lose skin hanging from the bottom of my stomach...like an apron...it was getting in the way of certain exercises...it would flap all over the place when i ran or did the elyptical and it was physically uncomfortable.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you! You are such an inspiration! This calls for the Dancing Vitamins (not M&Ms)!!! :thumbup:

:D:party::cursing:

Congratulations!!!

Today is my 1-yr Bandiversary, too!!!!

YAY!!!!