Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lane Bryant...

I have made my last purchase at Lane Bryant. They have forever lost me as a customer. I can still fit into their clothes at the moment :)

DH and I went to the mall. I tried on pants at J.C. Penny, Sears, Dillard's, Foley's and consistantly wore a size 18 pants (sometimes 16's) and 1x shirts. I then went to Lane Bryant. I couldn't even get a pair of 20 stretches on my butt. I would have to buy at least a 22 or 24 to be able to button them!! I would have had to purchase a 22/24 shirt at L.B. as well.

I don't know if they (L.B.) are wanting to make women feel like they are to fat to shop elsewhere or what. But that is a real morale killer in my opinion.

I went back to Sears and bought a pair of comfy 16's. Anyone else have any experience like this with them?

Lane Bryant lost me as a customer also. I am great at spotting deals and well-made clothing due to extensive training through the 4-H program. These people at Lane Bryant tried to sell me a slinky tank top and sheer cover for $75 total. I can make the same ensemble for about $25 and 24hours and it would look great. I think they are ripping off plus-sized women, their jeans look AWFUL on my rear and make me look even bigger. Their cuts and patterns and sewing patterns are horrible, not to mention the fact that they come a part and shrink in the washer and dryer. Their jeans have a cotton/polyester knit to make them stretchy and it causes them to shrink, and even become SHORTER!!!! I no longer shop there. Instead, I shop online at oldnavy.com for plus and extended sized clothing, dont try to find it all in stores, but online they have a GREAT selection of better priced plus-sized clothing.

P.S Old Navy has great Dress clothing

16's? Wow! That's awesome :)

I'm such a cheap skate, I usually shop at Foley's when they're having a big clearance sale! I did buy some capri pants and shirts at Lane Bryant earlier this year. I like the capris but, even though the tshirts have some stretch material, they DO shrink. And, I had to take one back because the thread started coming out after the 1st wash! I exchanged it and now after several washes the new one is doing the same thing!

It's definitely not right for them to have such a difference in the sizes. Does make you think a bit that they're trying to protect their customer base?

That's why I don't like trying on clothes. I love going shopping and getting a bargain, but put me in a dressing room and I get depressed.

I'm most impressed that you have a husband who goes shopping with you!! How cool is that? Must be true love!

I just dont get why larger size specialty stores do this. Its demoralising enough to have to shop in the fat shops but when they do this to their sizes its infuriating. We all need somewhere we can go where we dependably fit into a certain size.

I shop at Lane Bryant. I don't think they have changed the size of their clothes, but the other stores have so we don't feel bad. I think they call it vanity sizing, but I'm not sure. I don't really care what the size says, since it's all arbitrary anymore anyway. I am currently in sizes from 24 to 18. It makes no sense what so ever. I'm in shirts from size XL to 24 still. Again, it doesn't make any sense, and I'm not going to hurt my brain over it.

I have found their quality and prices reasonable, plus the saleswomen don't make me feel like a freak. I cannot say the same for other stores I've shopped at.

Sorry, does this post make my butt look big?

I've lost faith in Lane Bryant too, recently, but it's because of their styling more than the sizing. I haven't found anything I'd actually want to wear there in a long, long time.

My preference is Avenue for slacks and Fashion Bug or Dress Barn for tops (on sale). For casual wear I swear by Lands End.

The Lane Bryant catalog clothes look so nice, but when they real thing arrives it looks like it came from the Dollar General?????

Actually before my surgery I wore Lane Bryant exclusively because a freind of mine was a store manager. They had to buy the latest styles and wear them only for that season. The funny thing was if the found a top she like then she bought every color it came in. LOL!! She then handed them down to me when the season was over. She bought only the really good stuff there and most of the things I got from her still had the tags on them. She cried when she found out I had Lapband surgery. "Who am I going to give my clothes to now?" LOL! She died in a car accident on April 24th this year. I still have alot of her tops, they still fit. But all of the pants are too big. I am in a 14 now. All of the tops I have now are 14-16 and 18-20. Her brother has let me have free take of her closets. Yes closets. Try 5 walk in closets full of clothes. I won't buy any shirts for a year!!!

Lane Bryant has some cute stuff, but it's so hard shopping there for pants. I can try on one pair in 22 and are too tight, but different pants in the same size are loose fitting.

I think a plus size store should focus more on the needs of big girls, like needing looser sleeves or us having big booties and not being able to wear low rise jeans. Most of their pants are low rise these days. That's so unflattering, to have the upper part of your belly fold over your jeans. I have a somehwat proportional body, nothing really 'hangs' too much, but sometimes the clothes they have just don't support my round butt or thick arms. The prices are pretty high too. $18 for a pair of panties.... are they kidding? I go to Victorias Secret and buy XL panties 5 for $25. I go to Fashion Bug and buy jeans for half as much as Lane Bryant.

The thing I like at Lane Bryant is their jackets. Mostly nice quality and very fashionable. I have two from there and couldn't be happier with them. Another thing I like is the jewelry. Most of us have thicker necks and their necklaces are great length. The bad part again is the price. I go to target and find same quality jewelry for half the cost.

All in all, I prefer to shop elsewhere. I like Fashion Bug, Target (don't make fun but I love to try on their maternity shirts, they fit much better), Fredericks of Hollywood, and several online stores.

I like Lane Bryant for the most part but I could SCREAM about thier jeans and pants!!!! Why can't anywhere offer jeans and pants with a bigger waist or elestic waist. ALL my fat is on my middle - I actually have a pretty small butt and hips - and at Lane Bryant the clothes pants/jeans are all for people with the "pear shape"! By the time I get up to a size that fits my waist it is literally hanging off my hips and butt. So, I buy tops at LB (usually on clearance b/c thier stuff moves to clearance SO fast and drops over 1/2 price) but for pants I go to Target, Cato, Aveneue, etc where they have the common freaking sense to carry ELASTIC waist stuff!

I love Lane Bryant!! I just can't wait until I can't fit into their clothes anylonger!!

The only thing I don't like about their catalog is that they use skinny women to model the clothes. Sometimes something looks great on the model and just doesn't look the same on me!! I think they should use plus sized models in their catalogs! IMO!

I love Lane Bryan'ts panties and bras when they are on sale or clearance. I used to shop there alot because I had credit there, but I just don't go anymore. I am trying not to buy any clothes until I absolutely have to. Weird things about bodies and losing weight. After I had my son in Dec. of 2002 I weighed around 240 and could fit into 18s, but now I weigh less now and can't even get a 20 buttoned up right now????????????? *sigh*

PS...Vines..you are so funny!!!! :-)

I just dont like Lane Bryant, I am young and all of their clothes are made for women in their mid-20s and up. I am the Pear-Shape and can not for the life of me find a top small enough to fit me in that store. Also, because of my HUGE rear I hate stretchy pants (which is all they offer) because the grain is off and it makes a mess of my entire body. I just stick with Old Navy because of their great fashions for my age. Lane Bryant is taking advantage of plus-sized women with their prices. Another thing is they dont sell my size bra, because of my shape I have a smaller bust (36A-:) and the smallest they sell is like a full C. Their tops hang off of me like a curtain and their bottoms grab the fat on my rear and thighs like a magnet or second skin and you can see every little dimple in my fat. Old Navy's stretch jeans are still thick enough you can not see through them and do not have a large amount of elastic in them so that it actually gives my rear a nice round shape instead of that of a fat rectangle. lol

Tammy sorry to hear about your friend, that is really sad.

I get most of my clothes at www.roamans.com, I call it disposable clothing because the clothing only last 1 - 2 seasons. Just wear and toss them away. LOL sad huh.

I like The Avenue for pants, since they carry tall, and either Catherines or Roamans for shirts.

I can't fit into the clothes at Lane Bryant anymore... although I did shop there when I could. Now it's all about Catherines. Just a hint for those of you on the smaller side - Catherines has GREAT Clearance racks pretty much year round. If you wear a 16 or 18, you can get some pretty cute stuff for cheaps - and they have lots of clothes suitable for an office environment - something that was always lacking at LB.