Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lane Bryant...

I like LB bras and some of their tops. But I too can't waint until I don't have to shop there anymore.

Elda

Where do you go for short legs, smaller butt, but still very top heavy. I can wear med and large pants, but takes an 18 for the top, that is if I wear it open and don't try to button anything. It makes it so diffifult to do online shopping now because I never know what is going to fit and I hate to try clothes on in the store. My real name is take it back Pat.

Havent shopped at Lane Bryant in years..I used to get my plus size clothing at Wal-Mart...Target or Kohls..

Kohls is now my favorite store, I love there clearance racks. It is so nice to shop in normal size section but hard to get used too I still find myself heading for the plus size department even though I'm in a size 10

I LOVE the Avenue for Jeans . The fit for me is the best. but I have just bought a size 14 from the Avenue, 14 is the smallest size. This now means that I have to find another store. Catherines is yet another store that I had to say goodbye too. But remember that this is all good news .

Wow, Lane Bryant was AWESOME for me. I was LB from head to toe. I have recently gone under their sizes so I can't shop there anymore though. I CRIED in their store the last time I went because I had no idea what to do now. I love their style and their sales. Especially the panty/bra sales. And I think their clothes last a long time too!

About the CATALOG though. I bought from there and found out that the catalog is NOT Lane Bryant. I was in the store and told my fav saleslady that I thought it was crap that LB was using itty bitty size models for their clothes (which is what is in the catalog). They told me that the catalog is NOT really LB!! They sold the name to the catalog company 5 years ago. They said it is a big corporate scandal because they were supposed to keep the LB policies regarding the plus sizes. And they didn't. The catalog is NOT LB.

Now, you can go online to their site but be careful not to go to the catalog on line site but go to the COMPANY on line store.

Man, I am so sorry some of you have had problems with pants there too! That sucks. I loved their pants because they made them tall enough for me and still stylish! And I liked that they had "hippy" room for me.

Guest j. lynn

I find that they're bigger than other Plus sizes, actually.

I am about done too. I am in size 16 pants and 14/16 shirts. They won't getting any more of my money when it comes to needing new spring clothes.

I love Lane Bryant and I have the charge account to prove it! But I cannot wait until I can shop somewhere else. I did go there a few day ago and got into a 16 skirt! A change from the usual 18-20! There is also a website that sells plus-size clothing that is for a younger age if anyone is interested for now (I know we want to get away from the words "plus size". That is the agenda for us right!?) www.alight.com or www.torrid.com

Both of these websites are great for younger women and I haven't had any disappointing purchases from them at all! The clothes are great. Hope this helps the younger girls.

I like the Lane Bryant clothes from the store but the lanebryant catalog clothes are crap-believe it or not its a different company-they are no longer owned by the lane bryant clothing store company.

A good quality place to get my clothes now since Im became plus size is Eddie Bauer or LL Bean-actually shopped at both of these for years but they have really cool plus size clothes-I am also a huge(pardon the pun) fan of The Avenue and Cato.

There is actually a Torrid store at my mall and their clothes are adorable!!

I am more of a catalog/online girl. My favorite is Newport News, and the nice thing is that most of the clothes I buy (I am a 16) come in smaller sizes, so as I shrink I will still be able to buy the same things!

I used to shop at LB, but their clothes became a bit too conservative and non-flattering for me, so I started shopping online at torrid.com. We finally got a Torrid in my state and I'm there every other weekend! LOVE their stuff! I used to shop at alight.com but everything I got from them was cheaply made AND the sizes ran very small. But Lane Bryant's out for me, and apparently for many others as well. They've been closing down around here, and SO not due to a lack of chubby ladies.

I used to shop LB when I worked and could afford it. Now I will on rare occassions use a coupon they've sent me to buy a pair of jeans for $15 off. That way they only cost me $15 to $20, which is my limit for what I'll pay for a pair of jeans.

I LOVE the clothes on the Torrid web site, and if I had more cash flow, I'd buy from there in heartbeat!

I didn't even know that Old Navy offered extended sizes online, and I'm going to check it out right now! Not like I can afford new clothes for now, but at least I'll know where to go in the future!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

well that explains why the LB catalogue doens't look anything like what they sell in the shops, and why they use skinny models, given the whole "real woman" marketing strategy.

I'm not a huge Lane Bryant fan......#1 I'm a 24/26 at any other store, but at LB its hard for me to fit into a 28 pant.........and everyone's right about the cut of the pants. My weight is all in the middle, but by the time I get to waist size that fits me I can literally pull the thighs out and could use them to parachute jump with. They all look sooo unflaterring and unfortunately I still have a pairs I must wear because I dont' have any others......gross. And someone else was right about ordering from the catalogue! You buy it and when you get it its soo cheaply made it looks like it really is from the Dollar Store. Or its soo freaking not like the pic looks in the mag......I've given away plenty of catalogue LB with new tags attached to other friends because it wasn't what it looked like. I've always been a huge fan of Fashion Bug and do most of my shopping there, although I do notice that fashions vary from each Fashion Bug.....the closest fashion bug to me doesn't usually have a lot things I would wear - I consider myself pretty trendy. Then the other fashion bug about an hour away has more my style but even more so my Fashion BUg in my born state of INdiana ALWAYS has the newest and coolest things for sure every single time........so everytime I go visit my grandma which isn't very often, maybe once every few years - I always go on a shopping spree to stock up there. I can't wait till the day when I can say screw you LB although I will still shop at Fashion Bug - just in the Misses dept.! That will be a trip! Whhoooooohhhoooo!!