Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greek Yogurt ideas PLEASE

Here is what I am going to make - (adding cucumbers, garlic and dill to the yogurt).. then I'm going to bake eggplants (coat w/ cooking spray) and spoon the yogurt on top.

Tzatziki - Yogurt Cucumber Garlic Dip Recipe - Quick and Easy Traditional Tzatziki - Tsatsiki Greek food

Here is what I am going to make - (adding cucumbers, garlic and dill to the yogurt).. then I'm going to bake eggplants (coat w/ cooking spray) and spoon the yogurt on top.

Tzatziki - Yogurt Cucumber Garlic Dip Recipe - Quick and Easy Traditional Tzatziki - Tsatsiki Greek food

I have to thank you, I never have used a recipe so for me the post was really appreciated :thumbup:

I do not have time now but there is a video which I can not wait to see :wub: but not now :scared2: have to prioritize :scared2:very busy here :tt1: DS girlfriend is coming over for Columbus Day and DS high schoolerhas a list of foods he wants me to make :thumbup:

:sneaky: figure with there mouths full of food and all the funny things I got them (bubbles, frissbees, etc) :w00t: she will not have time to :drool::drool::drool: over my DS

plus :thumbup::thumbup::sad: we have rules :sad:

Correction - I am taking back what I said about the eggplant and tzatziki... why??? because to get the Protein you need a good amt of yogurt and now I really reek!!! Thankfully no work today. That stuff can only be used lightly!

Correction - I am taking back what I said about the eggplant and tzatziki... why??? because to get the Protein you need a good amt of yogurt and now I really reek!!! Thankfully no work today. That stuff can only be used lightly!

I hate spicy stuff but I do eat tzatzki with a spoon and have no problems:thumbup:

Love that stuff:thumbup:

I love anything sweet and was still eating too much of the sweet foods. My weight loss was slow. I found a way to satisfy my sweet tooth and get my Protein in at the same time.

I take 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt and add a 1/2 of a baby spoon of flavored extract with one pack of splenda. I mix in walnuts and enjoy my meal. I do not worry about getting dessert after I have that for a meal.

I've tried banana, coconut and lemon extracts so far. All were very good.

My DH says he "hates" Greek yogurt but he does not know he eats it all the time. So much better for him (and me) than the others.

Today I made him a version of banana cream pie. 1 small container of honey Greek mixed with DaVinci SF banana flavor poured over a banana and topped with Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal. He raved. Some day I will disclose that he's been eating Greek yogurt for about 18 months now!

It is really good with Honey

I make my smoothies with greek yogurt.

Chobani strawberry, blueberry, or peach

1 scoop of unflavored

Protein powder

1% or ff milk

Berries (strawberries, blueberries or mixed berries)

I mix it the magic bullett and I'm good to go for Breakfast.

It is really good with Honey

:thumbup::scared2: what is not good with honey???:blink::lol::w00t:

Greek yogurt is fabulous!!! I like it plain with 2 pkts of splenda or honey, mixed fresh berries w/diced bananas, 2 t-spoons granola with walnunts. You can also add it to your Protein Shake. YUMMY! I mostly eat the FAGE brand.

I don't know what I'd do without greek yogurt. I use plain nonfact greek yogurt as sour cream, so I might do a chicken wrap with veggies and lettuce as my "bread" and I use the yogurt as sour cream.

Like others have said, just add some splenda and it tastes like vanilla yogurt. Mix some fruit in there too.

Otherwise my most favorite recipe of all is greek yogurt and Peanut Butter - you can use reduced fat, or that PB2 stuff. I use regular Peanut Butter. Just buy one of the nonfat plain greek yogurts, 5oz, and add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. It is the best treat ever, I have about 1/3 of a cup for Breakfast every morning. Full of great Protein.

It's important to make sure you are buying the lowfat or nonfat version. Also the plain version is the way to go if you're counting carbs - the flavored versions usually have 20+ carbs in them.

These are all great suggestions! I just discovered Greek yougurt and love it. Has anyone tried adding a packet of the Ranch dressing mix? I bet it would be great for a veggie dip.

Deanna

For the people who are losing; I'd like to know how many grams of Protein are you having daily?

For the people who are losing; I'd like to know how many grams of Protein are you having daily?

your nutritionist figures it out.... body weight is a major consideration... so mine is high at 90 grams

I don't know what I'd do without greek yogurt. I use plain nonfact greek yogurt as sour cream, so I might do a chicken wrap with veggies and lettuce as my "bread" and I use the yogurt as sour cream.

Like others have said, just add some splenda and it tastes like vanilla yogurt. Mix some fruit in there too.

Otherwise my most favorite recipe of all is greek yogurt and Peanut Butter - you can use reduced fat, or that PB2 stuff. I use regular Peanut Butter. Just buy one of the nonfat plain greek yogurts, 5oz, and add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. It is the best treat ever, I have about 1/3 of a cup for Breakfast every morning. Full of great Protein.

It's important to make sure you are buying the lowfat or nonfat version. Also the plain version is the way to go if you're counting carbs - the flavored versions usually have 20+ carbs in them.

Oh are you handling the wraps with fills? I am afraid to try those. I used to make really great chicken fajitas - chicken breast, peppers and onions on the grill, toast the wrap and put the greek yogurt on as sour cream. YUMMY - i'm afraid to eat that now though.

I eat at least 80. I can go over 100 sometimes when I eat fish.