Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day 4 post op, right arm kinda numb

started in my fingers and hand now my arm. im pretty healthy and all vitals are always normal or really good. is this because im not taking in nutrients? is this also normal? i dont want to be an alarmest either

I don't want to be an alarmist either, but since I don't have a clue about what could be causing this, I would suggest that you call your doctor and tell them exactly when it started, how it seems to be spreading, etc. I would call asap.

Good luck and let us know what the verdict is!

my dr is on call. i left the info and waiting for a call back. im wondering if i havnt drank enough today. here is what ive had.

630 am 4oz blueberry juice (ok'd by dr's on 1st day)

10am 16oz Water

1230pm 4-6 oz of chicken broth and 4-6 oz of apple juice

230pm 16 oz of Water

500pm 4-6 oz of chicken broth

it was about 330pmish that the numbness started. Im feeling a little better after the broth at 5..i also walked for about 20 min at 1030am and 10 min walk at 230pm Am i overdoing it? am i not drinking enough?

A good "goal" is 64 oz a day minimum of liquid and you look like you're on track for that. You don't really need to worry right now about not getting enough "nutrient".

And it's good you called about your numbness! :thumbup:

Ah Good! Restless, I sure was hoping you would find this post and answer it!!!! :thumbup:

Slumber, I am so glad that you called your Dr. He will be able to tell you what is happening and reassure you.

Please let us know what you find out. :thumbup:

Hey Diana! I didn't do anything but reiterate what you said! Call the doc; good you called the doc! :thumbup:

Yeah, Restless, but I am sure that both Slumber (especially Slumber) and I feel better that you weighed in also to back up our instincts!!! I always have a backup plan, it is to call your Dr. and let them figure it out!!!

Slumber, I hope you get a call soon..so you can relax and get a good nights sleep.

Edited by DianaG
typo

Thanks for all the posts. Im really glad i found this site. The dr called and she said as long as im not having chest pains that i should drink some gatoraide to get some potassium and some electrolites. if not better to goto e.r.

Good deal Slumber! I am so glad that she called you back and gave you some advise! So good luck with the Gatorade...here's hoping that takes care of things and you can get a good nights rest. Let us know how you feel in the morning.

Sweet dreams!:thumbup:

Hope it feels better! Only other thing I can think is do you have any prescription meds (like for blood pressure) you aren't taking right now? I'm sure the on call doc thought of anything I could, and more. :thumbup:

ive drank about 16oz of gatoraide since about for about the last 3 hours. feel hazy and weak. since i have no problems drinking liquids and tomorrow starts my full liquid diet, im thinking of drinking a myoplex lite now for all the nuetrients it has. i was going to have one in the morning anyway...any thoughts on that?

Are you diabetic? What time/date was your surgery?

im not diebetic or on any meds. my band was early monday morning sept 14th. all my vitals are always normal or above average.

Honestly; unless you've fasted before, you're probably just not used to going without food. You have stored fat that is providing your body with energy; and even people who are not overweight can go a good while without nutrition. I'm not a doc, but I'd say you know yourself best. If you are REALLY bad, go to the ER (like the on call doc said) Otherwise, I'd just wait and drink my Protein shake on schedule.

I had 7 days of Clear Liquids, weighed 375, am older and shorter (female) and made it through nursing school during that 7 days when all i had was Water and broth. Not being pissy! LOL Just to let you know it can be done and doesn't do harm. If you are really in bad shape, a Protein Drink won't "fix" you. If your body is just rebelling, well, it will get over it and you can have your shake on schedule, if that makes sense?

So I would say (again, not a doc, alright?) either go to the ER if you really feel bad, because sh*t happens and something may be going on. If you think your body (and that little voice that convinces us it's rational to cheat on diets etc LOL) is just fussing, wait till tomorrow. Either way just drinking the shake now won't really help.

And what will you do when you've had shakes and want food? Important to let your band heal into place!

Hope that helps a little...either go to the ER (and you may very well have an issue that requires attention!) or just hang in there, drink more gatorade, have your shake on schedule.

Just my two cents; in the end, you need to do what you think is right for you.