Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do have Mirena?

when i had mine inserted i didn't feel anything other then a regular exam but after it was put in I went to Walmart and it felt like something was poking me for a day or two. but now i don't feel anything. My doctor told me i don't need to check my string and she said she cut them short. I have had it for a about two and half years (can't believe my baby is that old!) and i have never checked it.

I never check mine either... I figure it must be ok else I would be in pain, I go for my pap soon and the nurse can check then mine is cut real short too.

Just last week Dr tried to remove mine without knocking me out but had to stop because i had such severe spasms (cramps) that she had to stop. I am now booked to have it removed and replaced next month with local anaethestic (sp??). I have had it for nearly five years and never checked for threads and my partner has never mentioned feeling anything. It was the best for my very heavy periods and I only ever have a very slight one for about 2 day each month. With regards to pmt WHATS THE F ING HELL IS THAT!!! I don't have it surely it must be HIM!

This is my 5th year with it. Will get it removed next month had an ultrasound last month dr was unable to find it there for will have to local anthesia to have it removed i love this device no cycle the entir time until I had lap band surgery. will be replacing this with a new one

I had mine put in a few months ago. My periods are lighter and shorter :Yawn: I don't check my threads because honestly at my current size it is hard. Insertion wasn't bad, but she let me go right away and I almost passed out while driving a few blocks away, so I suggest resting for a few.

Sydney

Ok so I'm reading these replies and I have to say this - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE MIRENA (OR ANY OTHER IUD) IS IN AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH! I work for an OB/Gyn and ladies --> they do come out! Sometimes people don't even know they've come out until they find out they are preggers! We see it a lot more frequently than you want to know about!

I wanna know how the ablation went? I am so thinking about having that done!

I got mirena in March of 09. I have had a slow steady weight gain since then. Almost 30 pounds!!! I had it removed on Monday and have already lsot 5 pounds. My Doc doesn't believe the mirena had anything to do with my weight gain, but I have found plenty of women with the same problem. I am just praying my weight loss will continue!

I've had Mirena for about 9 months. Insertion really hurt...like "mild" labor, she said (how would I know, never had a kids, but MAN>>>). Periods much lighter with fewer cramps until I got the band. I've had the band for a month now and have been bleeding for nearly two weeks of that. I don't get it.

sara

I've had Mirena for about 9 months. Insertion really hurt...like "mild" labor, she said (how would I know, never had a kids, but MAN>>>). Periods much lighter with fewer cramps until I got the band. I've had the band for a month now and have been bleeding for nearly two weeks of that. I don't get it.

sara

I GUARANTEE you that it felt nothing like a "mild labor".

I GUARANTEE you that it felt nothing like a "mild labor".

For women who haven't had a baby, it does hurt - alot. It's much easier for woman who have went through childbirth, since the cervix isn't so "tight" and unstretched.

I've thought about Mirena but I don't want periods at all and frankly the pain scares me.

Oh I am not saying it doesn't hurt for woman who haven't had children. I am sure there is a little pain. But wait until you give birth and you will understand.

I must chime in here. I had a mirena IUD placed in 2006. I didn't have a period for awhile, but then I did. I had lap band surgery in March of 2008. In January 2009 (this year), I started having cramping. I never cramp so I called my OB/GYN. Everything looked normal but she couldn't find IUD. That was a HUGE problem to me. An ultrasound revealed NO MIRENA IUD. An abdominal x-ray showed the IUD perforated through my uterus and was in my intestines. My dr said this is very rare but it can happen. In most cases where they can't find them, they have fallen out but I was not that lucky. I am lucky I didn't end up pregnant and I am lucky that I didn't have to have some of my intestines removed or end up with a coly bag forever. Definitely check for it if you get one. The insertion of the IUD was very crampy but nothing unbearable. But as a bandster I would personally stay away from them. After that IUD removal, my band was never the same and I had to have a revision on my band in November of this year. I truly believe that IUD surgery was the cause. They do work really well for some people but I just wanted to share my experience.

I decided not to get Mirena because I have endometriosis. My doctor put me on Ortho Tri Cyclen lo to help control it, and I absolutely love it. I have had trouble with all types of birth control pills, but I haven't had any trouble with these. No mood swings, and my skin actually looks so much better.

I got my Mirena in October 2008. I havent had a period since, but i've noticed that my face breaks out worse than before around the time of the month that I should get my period. I dont have the band yet, but prior to getting the IUD I was steadily losing weight. I had lost about 45 pounds, but once I got the IUD the weight loss just stopped. I was always missing my pills, and didnt like the nuvaring, so for me the IUD has been the best option.

I got the Mirena two months before being banded. It stopped my cramps and lightened my period. I don't think it has had an effect on my weight loss though, as I am steady loosing.