Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Think I'll head to bed early tonight. I'm not feeling real good and am running a fever. I called the Doc to call into the pharmacy some anti-nausea med but I'm too tired to get out to go get it. I have to be out in the morning so I'll go get it then.

Hope every had a great day.

Kat, I will be keeping Rick in my prayers that all will turn out fine. Hopefully they can just take a small area and stitch it up good. They did that with my sister. Keep your chins up.

Hi ladies!

Jenn- :woot: WAY TO GO!! I am SO excited for you. I am so proud of how well you are doing working your band! :thumbup:

Kat-I am sorry that Rick is so sick! That SUCKS! I will pray hard that they can take care of his nose with no trouble! :(

Suzanne-has it been a year already that your friend passed away. I remember when you were going through that pain! My goodness, this past year has gone by so quickly! Hey..I wanna go to Harrahs for Thanksgiving. DH wants to go too! lol

Goodnight friends :Yawn:

Good Morning gals

omg we went to the gym last night, no wonder why i'm exhausted mid afternoon... I was so tired I couldn't see straight. I was going to go for my walk but kind of rainy out this morning so I'm going to go to the gym again, do more on the treadmill and maybe the arch trainer. I have to build up to inside workout and will stop on my way home every day.

Ok off to drink coffee. I am exhausted still. I need to get up at 5 to leave at 6:15 Monday, this is going to take some getting use to.

Morning Girls.

It's raining a cold out. Supposed to be like this all day long with the temps falling. Winter is trying to make it's way back in here.

Taking my sis to the lab at the hospital to have here blood drawn. I'll leave here soon to go get her. She has to fast for at least 8 hours, so I'm sure she wants to get this over with so she can get some coffee in her, lol.

I have an appointment at noon to get highlights in my hair. We didn't have time to do it last week when she cut my hair. So back today I go.

Make it a good one.

Good morning girls, I look like a TV commercial, I am sitting here typing in my snuggie blanket!! LOL. I really do use it, as silly as they are. In a few minutes I won't need it again, but while the fire kicks in, it is nice! Rick laughs at me, because I turned it around, and wore it like a robe and walked out and got my paper. I told him, all crazy OLD ladies do these kind of things!!! LOL

It is 11 degrees out right now, so just a bit chilly! Super dry tho, not even any frost on the windshield.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving pot luck at Rick's work. 90% of the guys will buy something at Walmart and bring it---but many are single or have working wives. So I am taking a potatoe casserole, and a Gooey pumpkin butter cake (Paula Deen). Oh and they were each given a turkey for a safety thing---and he donated his to be fried for the dinner. I will Dr. it up tonight, and inject it!!

Rick's cough medicine helped him sleep all night, and he said he woke up with a super sore throat. I think that is a good sign, that maybe his sinus' finally drained. He sounded much less stuffy---and to me the theory makes sense. Maybe I shoulda been a Dr.!!

My MIL has an ultrasound on her gall bladder today---see if that might be causing her stomach pain.

I am soooooo tempted to go climb back in bed. The bed is warm, and the room is dark, and the house is quiet. Or I could get things ready to Shampoo carpet.....decisions, decisions.......

Good morning friends :thumbup:

Well, it is gloom and doom over here. I have a 15 year old that just realized her boyfriend isnt her boyfriend anymore. How long should someone grieve over someone that was their boyfriend for about 9 days? you know how one depressed person in the house can ruin it for everyone? I do not know what to do. I wanna make her stay in her room so it doesnt bring the rest of us down but...i dunno. I know it is a huge bummer for her tender little feelings. UGH.

Have a great day everyone! Take care of yourselves!

Kat, I have thought about getting one of those Snuggies. But I ended up buying an electric blanket for my chair here. When not in use it is folded up on the foot stool. That's for when the fireplace is not going. Otherwise my chair is at the corner of the fireplace and it keeps me pretty toasty.

I'm gonna go look up the recipe for the gooey pumpkin cake on Paula's site. If I can't find it I may need you to send it to me.

Tracy, How about teaching her to make and bake Cookies or a cake. Something to get her mind in another direction. Maybe take both girls to the mall to do some pre-holiday window shopping.

Pumpkin Dump Cake.

1 (15 ounce) can of Pumpkin

1 (12 Fluid ounce) can nonfat evaporated milk

4 eggs

1 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cloves

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9X13 inch pan

In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, salt nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Stir in the milk, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour pumkin mixture ito the prepared pan.

Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the pumkin mixture, then sprinkle the pecans. Drizzle melted butter over all.

Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool.

Edited by Suziecat

The hospital just called and my cat-scan is scheduled for Friday at 1:30.

Now I'm off to go get the hair done. See ya later.

I must be out of my FREAKIN mind. I just paid $45.00 to have highlights put in my hair. Holy Cow. I was getting ready to write the check when she told me that. I was thinkng it would be around 30-35 dollars. Good thing I have a strong heart. LOL

Your post made me smile. I am in Europe and went to get my hair cut and highlighted in a nearby salon that my friend here from the army post recommended. When I was finished, it cost me 215 euro which is close to $300 USD, I was too shocked to say anything. She even asked if I could come back in 3 weeks for a touch up. Guess what, I was smart enough not to go back. I am saving that next visit for my first 20 pound reward!

I will say a prayer for you on Friday. Remember if the will of God leads you to it, the grace of God will lead you through it.

Donna

Suzie, I could not open the link, and the dump cake is not the one.....I have to think about it, it has a yellow cake mix-or you can use spice cake mix, cream cheese, pumpkin, powdered sugar, eggs, butter....you make a base and press it in the pan, then mix the creamy ingredients on top---it is not a cake you frost, it is kind of like brownies. My favorite is the toffee gooey butter cake---pumpkin is a take it or leave it flavor for me, so I won't be so tempted!!!

Friday---well I am glad they are getting it done and over with. Can't wait to get the news that it is all good.

Rick has one of the electric blankets. I disliked it for the same reason I dislike the fleece throws---they are small---or short. 50"X 60". I can put my arms through this, and stand up and it drags the ground. I can sit in my recliner, and it tucks under my feet----which is what I want! I am so picky!

Tracy----I am so sorry your DSD is dealing with that, and in turn all of you are. I can only say do not understimate how badly she is hurting. She is lashing out and reacting around all of you because she can, and knows you will love her in spite of it. I read a book in relation to the troubled teen when we had 3 under the roof at a time. It said to them, the break up of these relationships is as traumatic as marriage problems are to us. Being rejected at any age is hurtful. And teenagers feel EVERYTHING in extremes. They don't like the boy, they are head over heals in love.....they are truly feeling the emotions tho.

When you add to the feeling of rejection, the issues of saving face at school----I am just totally thankful I am not in HS anymore. She probably feels like everyone is talking about it, everyone knows, and finds her falling short, just like the boy did....and what if he told them she kissed bad or something? Or told a secret she shared with him.... All those thoughts running through her head, and while coping with them, she is still having to deal with school.

Sucky age for emotional trauma!

With DS he would be VERY emotional---actually cry over it---and I wondered if that was normal---and it was.

Youngest DD didn't date much in school, and was so self contained it was almost scary!!!

Manda---a true drama queen if ever there was one! And she would mope and lash out, and get teased unmercifully by the other 2.

With her we joked that she had the 'flavor of the day' because everyday there was a new boy she liked. Then she moved on to 'movie of the week'---and our troubles began. A week was more than enough it seemed for her heart to be involved.

Finally one day somewhere in her freshman or sophmore year, Lenny was teasing her as usual over someone she was moping over---and he said to her "quit blubbering about it and show him what he's missing". Stopped her in her tracks. He told her that was the worst---when so and so dumped him, and he saw her laughing and being happy it was like being bitch slapped....his words. So that's where I stepped in, and agreed telling them both that the best revenge is a good life.....

Anyway, they kind of ran interferance for one another from then on....and both went on with the lesson that they wanted to show the dumper what they were missing.

I have watched them both through many years since, and through marital problems etc. and they still carry the attitude!!

So.......all that said. Since there is no brother involved, maybe you should do it. Offer her a manicure or suggest something like "wear your blue shirt, it makes your eyes look great, and you want to show Joe Blow what he is gonna be missing".

And one final bit of teenage wisdom for today---do not say anything bad about the moron boyfriend, because as soon as you do, he will apologize....and YOU will be the bad guy!! LOL

Good Luck Tracy......and be glad she is not 3!!! We had 3 each one year apart!! It was hormone hell sometimes!

I'm gonna catch-up with DWTS. See you all tomorrow.