Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good Morning all

Tracy - I know sorry, yesterday was a super crazy busy day for me, good but crazy, non stop until 8pm and I sat down, forced myself to watch Mercy and passed out the minute it was over. I've been saying this all week, people are not made from cookie cutters and we are all different, and if we were all the same, we would not be a bunch of fatties and need this, while others don't have to worry about what they eat. I know sugar is your bad so that is a great thing to cut!

I was at 181 when I showered yeterday, I think it takes a little bit for my body to adjust to the 10minute morning pee. LOL I blew my strict diet yesterday which is ok, I still wasn't horrible, just didn't drink enough, and then got a new water bottle without a straw, just drink out of it... holy crap... I have not had gas pains like that in forever, so no more drinking out of that! So, I'm not going to weigh myself today and hope for the best, and go back to enough Water, orange and chicken and spinach. Its all good.

Suzanne, I went to Hannaford to get a few things last night... they had .40 Turkeys. I see why you were so excited. I got a 14lb turkey for 5.60. That is so amazing. I'm going back and getting another today and tomorrow to keep in my freezer, for xmas and just a nice winter meal with friends.

So I am on a ways and means committe for Patriot Hills. It is an amazing thing they are doing, and I have not been happier and having someting to focus my energy on. Anyway, check it out, and sign the petition for me please

patriothills.org

Anyway, now I'm running late, I'll finish posting when I get back this afternoon. Going for my walk, meeting my sister for water aerobics and then going to lunch with a friend and coming home to clean.

Have lots more personals...

Good Morning Girls.

Up and getting ready to head out. Doc appointment this morning.

Jenn, thanks for keeping me motivated.

I'll check in with you guys when I get done getting poked and x-rayed. lol.

Good morning. Not sure what my day holds, thinking I might be hanging panelling, peg board and OSB with my Dad---he is on a roll, and knows he has free help!! LOL

Then I think Mom and I will do our Thanksgiving shopping this afternoon. I figure, that gives me a week to forget what I put where.....story of my life!

I am having serious arthritis pain in the joint of my left index finger....I need to be working on Garricks christmas stocking, but, it hurts to sew.....because the stocking is pieced, and stuffed with fiberfill stuffing, then beaded and sequined, you have to hold it taut, so I use that finger, and it HURTS! That joint was broken courtesy of my ex, and it has never properly healed I guess.

Jenn, I am glad you found something to "get into". Back years ago when the kids were small, I got into a group that was studying and getting grants for city parks. I met such a diverse group of people, other moms to city attorneys, contractors to kids too excited to wait til it was done! I have been on other boards with many of the same people in the years since, but it was such an eye opener, and I met so many people I would never have had opportunity to meet otherwise. I still count them as friends, and we visit when we run into one another in the store!!! And one REALLY ironic one, I ran into a man who was in on the meetings, he was a school board member, and was wanting the parks because kids were getting hurt playing on school grounds when no one was around, after hours. So he was there every meeting, very nice guy.....anyway I ran into him a couple of years ago, at a park we spearheaded, and we were both there with our grandkids!!!! We both said we still felt real pride in the park, even though the equipment has all changed, the park is THERE!

Getting involved in something like that is wonderful, you will meet new people, and who knows.....maybe one will be special!!! LOL

Suzanne, please let us know as soon as you find anything out with your Dr. You have been in my prayers, and will stay there!

Tracy, has Macy started telling you what she wants for Christmas yet?? Kinsey has a birthday in a couple of weeks or so, and she is concerned with it!

Connor wants EVERYTHING he sees on TV either for him or for "Tinsey". If it is girlie toys, Kinsey gets it in his opinion, otherwise he wants it ALL!!!

Michelle---feeling any better???

Well I am off to pay some bills, oh the joy of it all!!! lol

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I just got my surgery consult approved yesterday. I live in Europe and Tricare Prime. They approved me in 4 hours. I have searched for a group for over 40's etc, but have not found anyone. Please let's get started. I am excited and reading and seeking any info. Thank you for the post!

Donna

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I just got my surgery consult approved yesterday. I live in Europe and Tricare Prime. They approved me in 4 hours. I have searched for a group for over 40's etc, but have not found anyone. Please let's get started. I am excited and reading and seeking any info. Thank you for the post!

Donna

Hi Donna

Congrats! I know I'm not 40 yet, but close enough, This is a great group! We do our best to motivate and support so stick around :confused:

Suzanne - that's what I'm here for... I have Jillian Michaels screaming in my head every morning (you all know I'm mental) so I have to share some of that. :scared2::lol::lol:

Kat - It is wonderful and I may even end up landing a good job out of this with all my contacts. Plus, you know me and military guys....

Have an absolute wonderful day everyone, I'm off to the Y

Hey Tracy! Yeah, so far the plan is working for me. But I do know myself really well. I tend to get “bored” very easily. I will ride it for as long as I can though, it’s helping a lot.

Sounds like you had quite a day Kat! Fun. J

Wishing you all the best today Suzie. It very well could turn out to be nothing, hold on to hope.

That plan rocks for you Jen! That’s so awesome… 181, wow I haven’t seen that since High School. That was when I was on my way up. I think it was around that weight when I stopped stepping on that scale. Funny how a few years goes by when I finally did weigh again. I was 315!! Imagine my shock! LOL J

Donna, I’m very happy for you! Ah, to have that baby bandster feeling again. Hold on to it for as long as you can!

Good morning everyone. J Just another blasé day for me. I’m feeling good though, and even though it’s only 33 degrees this morning I’m have such a warm feeling inside.

I posted a picture I found in one of my albums. I really REALLY can’t believe that was ever me. I even felt embarrassed posting it. L But, I’ve really been working so hard lately to get back on that horse and ride it until I’m finish. I’m more than halfway there, and I can’t even tell you how amazing it feels for me to even come this far!

Have a wonderfully blessed day ladies. J

Okay here is the picture. This is me at 330 Lbs. My current is in my signature line. Ugh!!! Haha! I just have to laugh to. I'm dressed in a freakin blanket. As if that's really going to disguise the truth.

post-224357-13813138879215_thumb.jpg

Oh my Diva, how far you have come!!! But the smile is there!

I notice your clothes were like mine, even bigger than they needed to be, like I could hide in them.

I know you are concerned with having further to go, but girl, you have come so far, you WILL do it! I have NO doubt! I am so proud of what you have done already!!!!

Donna, I am almost through my 40's!!! Welcome to the group, it is VERY supportive, you have people here who are long timers---me! Some fairly newly banded girls too. I was banded in April of 06. Best thing I ever did weight wise.

I am married, have 3 kids, 6 grandkids, just quit working, and seem to stay pretty busy!

I lost down to goal weight, had some health issues---not band related---and gained back almost 40 pounds. So I am working them off again! I rely heavily on this group here to keep me honest with myself on doing that!

Keep us posted on your progress to surgery. We love the new bandster energy we gain through newbies!!!

Welcome!

And again Irene----AWESOME job!

Irene

I saw all the pics you posted, you look fantastic and you will get there.

I'll help kick your butt if you want. LOL

Ok i'm really off

Donna, Welcome. I'm the oldie in the group. Over 50. But age is not an issue here. Caring for each other is.

Irene, WOW.

Got home from the Doc's. He got to look at the x-ray they had sent and could see the spots they were talking about. He said he didn't think it was cancer because after 3 years I would probably be dead by now. I asked if it could be scar tissue and he said he really didn't think it was, but could be. I asked about the Silica and he said that we should just wait till the test results come back. He has ordered a cat scan. They haven't called me yet with an appointment for that. He's puzzled because it's been 3 years and I show no syptoms of anything.

I feel like taking a nap but will refrain from that. The sun is finally shining here, after 4 days of clouds and rain. I need to take advantage of it. Maybe take doggie for a walk.

Thank you so much ladies, it means a lot. J

Jen, why do you think I hang out in here? I love the support, it's so wonderful and motivating. I don't think I've been this motivated in a really long time.

Suzie, I’m glad your Dr. said he doesn’t think it’s Cancer. He never would have said that if he thought maybe it was. That is fantastic news.

Donna, Welcome. I'm the oldie in the group. Over 50. But age is not an issue here. Caring for each other is.

Irene, WOW.

Got home from the Doc's. He got to look at the x-ray they had sent and could see the spots they were talking about. He said he didn't think it was cancer because after 3 years I would probably be dead by now. I asked if it could be scar tissue and he said he really didn't think it was, but could be. I asked about the Silica and he said that we should just wait till the test results come back. He has ordered a cat scan. They haven't called me yet with an appointment for that. He's puzzled because it's been 3 years and I show no syptoms of anything. So they were there before? Well, I guess that is a good thing then? I will keep sending you very good thoughts....probably is nothing... and I'm glad you didn't drop dead... but wow, what a thing to hear?

I feel like taking a nap but will refrain from that. The sun is finally shining here, after 4 days of clouds and rain. I need to take advantage of it. Maybe take doggie for a walk.

Take the doggie for a walk is my vote. I'm home, change in plans as usual, so I brought the recliner to my room, been putting it of and moving furniture and cleaning.... I always decorate Thanksgiving weekend (for xmas) so I figured if all clean before then I can put the tree up and inside stuff and enjoy. Remember I already did the outside.

Ok I guess my break is over.... back to moving furniture. Oh, I found a big hole behind a radiator that goes into the basement... and I have wondered for years why my front hall is so cold... 11 years later I guess I know why now. I'm right on fixin that today!

Thank you so much ladies, it means a lot. J

Jen, why do you think I hang out in here? I love the support, it's so wonderful and motivating. I don't think I've been this motivated in a really long time.

Suzie, I’m glad your Dr. said he doesn’t think it’s Cancer. He never would have said that if he thought maybe it was. That is fantastic news.

I would to join, but not even sure if I am alive on here!

;-0 Donna

hi everyone, suzie my prayers are with you also,jen i have never been hikeing. i love coupons also.hope everyone has a good weekend. tc hagn. be back soon tweety

Home from work and now getting caught up with Desperate Housewives. Thank heavens for TiVo.

My next appointment is Dec. 21st. Do you think I could lose 2 pounds by than?????