Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so how much have u lost so far...?

Just curious as to how all of you have been doing since ur surgery in January?

Are you happy about your band?

How do you love bandster life?

How close are you to your goal?

Do you exercise everyday?

Do you PB alot?

So far, I've lost 60 pounds, and I love my band. I have another 100 pounds to go and I loose around 3-4 pounds per month. I've had to make alot of adjustments on my food consumption, because i'm quite tight, and when I get stuck, it takes a long time to clear up. I still sometimes forget to chew if im having dinner conversation! But I still think it was worth it! I PB about 1-2 times a week. My only regret is that I don't exercise at all, I'm stuck in a rut and have so much trouble getting my butt in gear on the treadmill. I'm working on it though, and I know that once I do regular exercise, I will loose much faster. I eat more than half the quantities of food that I used to eat before the surgery.

I am 70 lbs down. I love my band. I'm loving life right now!!!! I am such a happy person it's unreal. This was the best decision that i've ever made!

I walk 2-3 days a week and I do cardio 1-3 days a week as well. I love exercising.

I am 103 lbs away from goal and when I get there I haven't quite decided what my reward will be.

I've lost 50lbs. 4 fills. FEELING REALLY GOOD!!!!

I am down 45 lbs with 55 more to go....I have 4 cc in my Realize Band. I have only lost five pounds over the summer. But I wasn't really working toward it. Starting today I am going to start really start watching what I eat again. I have been exercising at least five days a week.

how are all the new year hotties doing. i am nine months out.93lbs down.(40lbs) before surgery. i am happy with the band.life is so good.right now i am 233lbs trying to get under 200. that will be my goal. even though it changes. maybe 185lbs.i don,t know.i only pb two to three times.i exercise five times a day. 45 minutes each on my stationary bike.i am just pedaling away.hope everyone is doing great wheather its fast or slow.one day at a time.sil.

Wow...you guys are doing great!

I am doing great. I love life right now.

I LOVE my band. It keeps me from doing what I used to do. EAT TOO MUCH. I can only eat a little portion now, and I can't sit and eat mindlessly anymore. Thank you lap band!

Banster life has it's ups and downs... I enjoy the feeling of fullness all day long, but I don't enjoy eating out. I can't seem to find the right pace when sitting down and conversing with friends/family. I always eat too fast or something.

I am going to get there by my 1 year bandiversary!

I try to get to it 5 days a week but always fail. I am still trying though...

Do you PB alot?

3-4 times a week. It's no big deal anymore. I just get rid of the back up and then I'm fine.

Lost over 70 pounds since Jan 28th banding. I am 5'8 and started at 271. Have gone from a size 22 to 14!!!

Are you happy about your band? I love my band, it saved my life

How do you love bandster life? It's ok, certainly love the weightloss but at times when you are with people that don't know I am banded it is hard to go out to eat with people.

How close are you to your goal? I am about 45 from a crazy goal, but I feel I am only about 25 pounds from a reasonable goal

Do you exercise everyday? not everyday but about 3 times a day. I do make sure I get 10k steps in a day as I wear a pedometer every day. That challenges me since I work at a desk.

Do you PB alot?

I use to, but then I had an unfill and had to let my stomach regulate, now I am even tighter than I was and maybe PB 2 times a week and only when I am not paying attention to how big my bites are.

I am surprised to see so many of you say you PB at least once a week or so. I have NEVER PB and I THINK I have been stuck before (felt like something was kinda stuck in my chest but it was very short lived) I don't take small bits and I don't chew chew. I asked my doctor about not PB'ing or getting stuck and she said thats a good thing....I am not to tight. So I guess I don't understand why you guys do have those problems and I don't.

I am surprised to see so many of you say you PB at least once a week or so. I have NEVER PB and I THINK I have been stuck before (felt like something was kinda stuck in my chest but it was very short lived) I don't take small bits and I don't chew chew. I asked my doctor about not PB'ing or getting stuck and she said thats a good thing....I am not to tight. So I guess I don't understand why you guys do have those problems and I don't.

Tiffanye: How much weight have you lost? If you are not chewing you might not be tight enough to lose weight. PB is not the greatest, but it is due to not taking small bites, kind of a learning curve that makes you eat the way you should with the band. If you are not taking small bites you may not be tight enough to have the band work for you. I eat about 800-900 calories a day and have am loosing anywhere frmm 6-10 pounds 9 months out. Each case is different but just curious how much weight you have lost.

I was banded on Jan 28th and I have lost 46 lbs. I get about 1000-1200 cals a day. I eat about a cup of food at each sitting. This summer i was HORRIBLE at watching what I ate but i did work out about five days a week (walking three days Water aerobics two days) So over the summer I only lost four pounds. This week I have been trying to get back on track and really watch what I am eating. I don't feel like I need a fill because I can eat a cup of food and it will keep me satisfied for a few hours.

Are you happy about your band? I LOVE LOVE my band best thing I ever did for myself!!

How do you love bandster life? I love it BUT i have found that some friend have changed now that I'm not the "fat" friend. anyone have this happen?

How close are you to your goal? about 22lbs away

Do you exercise everyday? NO and I should but I do get up and move around everyday.

Do you PB alot? 1-2 a week when i eat to fast

I have lost 94lbs I'm not moving no so I'm getting pissed off about it LOL guess I should start working out right LOL

I hope it's okay to just jump into this thread. I was banded on 01/15/09 and have lost 75 lbs. I had a setback in July and have just started losing again as of 09/16/09 when I had a port replacement. I love my band, and even despite having to have a second surgery I would do it all over again in an instant.

It has been a long time sense I have done a post. Things are so very busy. I have not lost anything. For I have gain everything I lost. The reason is I am pregnant with TWINS. I am due in December. Once the babies come I will get back on the wagon again. I am hoping that I will loose all the weight I have gain. But we will see. Now for the questions:

I am doing great. I love life right now. I could not be happier.

I LOVE my band. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Thank you LAP-BAND® and DR.Moran!

It was the best decision I have ever made for my life. I would do it over in a heartbeat. I just wished I have done it much sooner in my life but at least I did get it done.

I don't think I will be getting anywhere near my goal by my 1 year bandiversary! But maybe next year I will.

No, not really for I am always to tired...

Do you PB alot?

Nope not at this time. I had my band drained to make more room for the babies. They must come first.

Congrats on your twins !! I have twin girls:) they are 6 years old now :( I LOVE LOVE having twins.. I made it to 37weeks with my twins. I wish you the best of luck!! congrats again!! Gabby