Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

Lady and Skinny. I was also banded on the 17th. Hi bandmates!!

Check out my blog Melodie Takes Manhattan!! It's about my Quest to walk all of Manhattan.

Banded Nov. 10th. How is everyone doing? Had my first fill on Dec. 10th and don't really feel that different. Anyone have their second fill yet. Any tips. I was to go back on the 23rd but changed it to Jan. 7th.

331061.png

Doing fine. I had my first fill at 4 weeks (3 cc's) and my second fill at 6 weeks (3 cc's again). Based on a lot of stuff (I posted this in another thread), I think the first tech may have missed the port the first time and I actually only have 3 cc's. I go in Wednesday afternoon and the 2nd tech is going to take all the fill out to check and then make sure I have 6 cc's going back in.

Here's hoping I have any kind of restriction or the holidays are not going to be pretty. :thumbup:

Hi, had my first fill on the 17th nov. I did not feel any real diffference either. At first I did like when I left the office. But the next day could not tell. On Saturday the area where my 3 incisions on the left of my body were felt different. Kinda like a pulled muscle or area and just sore. It was different, do not know if that was because of the fill or what.

Banded Nov. 10th. How is everyone doing? Had my first fill on Dec. 10th and don't really feel that different. Anyone have their second fill yet. Any tips. I was to go back on the 23rd but changed it to Jan. 7th.

331061.png

hi again i had my first fill on tuesday, the doc put 5 mils in my band he tried to put 6 in but Fluid couldnt go through so he took 1 mil out again, i have been on fluids for 2 days and was allowed mushies for tea today so i had cod in butter sauce with mash potatoes and carrots was awesome. never had a problem with it going down either no allowed solid food untill sunday but i have found a pair of trousers i couldnt fasten before my op i can now put them on and off and not even have to open the zipper, i got out of the car tonight and they felt so loose i thought they were going to fall down, my hubby was there with his phone incase they did so he could take a photo he is so rotten but thankfully they didnt fall down.i havew now lost a bout a pound a day since my fill i hope it carries on.

I had my first fill on Monday. He put in 1.2 CC'S. (I think he said that. I don't care as long as the band works!) I ate liquids and mush for the first couple of days, and now I'm back to normal food, but frankly, not much(food) is going down. I'm not very hungry, but I started losing weight again. I'm down an even 50 lbs since Nov. 15. I'm not too upset about that! I WILL lose 100 lbs by June. My 4th grandbaby is on the way and I want to good in all the pictures!!!

Mark

Edited by tourlink99

I had my 2nd fill yesterday 12-14-2010. I was only down 11 pounds since surgery on 11-25-09.

Doc said I was hovering, asked what I was doing. I said it must have been the holidays. He wanted to know why the holidays. I told him the higher calorie foods. He told me he had never said anything about calories, asked if I had been drinking with meals. I have on occasion, out of habit. Told me why did I even have a drink with me when eating when I know I am not to drink for 1 1/2 hour after a meal. He said that was my down fall. Told me no one has ever choked with out a drink at meal time and no one has died, he is funny. Said to stick with eating only solids and waiting to drink, even a sip of liquid when eating makes the food just slide on through and then you feel hungry before your next meal time.

My doc does not tell how many cc's he fills, said he does not want his patients to get hung up on a number. I do not care as long as it is working.

Now I just have to break the habit of getting a drink when eating.

I have always been one who has something to drink with me at all times. This has been hard for me. Waiting the hour is like a kid waiting in time out for me to get to drink.

I am determined to be down a big number in 6 weeks for my next visit.

:eek::eek:Dean we were banded the same day! I am in the exact same boat! I lost a lot pre op and only 10 post op although no one has said anything about it to me at the docs. I have been filled twice now and finally feel it! My 2nd fill was Monday and I have dropped 3 pounds since, so I am hoping now the band will actually start helping me. I have not been drinking with meals so I dont know what the frack is up with me? I am just hoping that now with my fill I can get back on track ...lets keep in touch!:drool::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::thumbup::biggrin::w00t::biggrin::woot::crying:

PS...my 4 year old likes to do the smile faces....

I had my 2nd fill yesterday 12-14-2010. I was only down 11 pounds since surgery on 11-25-09.

Doc said I was hovering, asked what I was doing. I said it must have been the holidays. He wanted to know why the holidays. I told him the higher calorie foods. He told me he had never said anything about calories, asked if I had been drinking with meals. I have on occasion, out of habit. Told me why did I even have a drink with me when eating when I know I am not to drink for 1 1/2 hour after a meal. He said that was my down fall. Told me no one has ever choked with out a drink at meal time and no one has died, he is funny. Said to stick with eating only solids and waiting to drink, even a sip of liquid when eating makes the food just slide on through and then you feel hungry before your next meal time.

My doc does not tell how many cc's he fills, said he does not want his patients to get hung up on a number. I do not care as long as it is working.

Now I just have to break the habit of getting a drink when eating.

I have always been one who has something to drink with me at all times. This has been hard for me. Waiting the hour is like a kid waiting in time out for me to get to drink.

I am determined to be down a big number in 6 weeks for my next visit.

That is so cool to have someone banded the same day.

I lost a lot pre op too. Since yesterday I am down 2 pounds. Of course I am on liquids for 2 days. I just need to stop with the drinking too soon after meals.

We will both get back on track and we will be healthy and be there for our kids.

I agree, keep in touch.

Mary

:eek::eek:Dean we were banded the same day! I am in the exact same boat! I lost a lot pre op and only 10 post op although no one has said anything about it to me at the docs. I have been filled twice now and finally feel it! My 2nd fill was Monday and I have dropped 3 pounds since, so I am hoping now the band will actually start helping me. I have not been drinking with meals so I dont know what the frack is up with me? I am just hoping that now with my fill I can get back on track ...lets keep in touch!:drool::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::thumbup::biggrin::w00t::biggrin::woot::crying:

PS...my 4 year old likes to do the smile faces....

Dean123

I saw in a blog that I was reading that someones NUT suggested that they fill thier glass full of ice and when it melts then they can drink it. This would help them break the habit of having to have something to drink with thier meal and you will have an ice cold glass of Water to drink. I thought it was a good idea. I just take don't make a drink for me..but I do think of one..but then by the time I have cleared the table and washed the dishes I have forgot about the drink.

The ice thing is a great idea. I just need to break the habit of fixing a drink along with my meals.

I know I can do this.

Best of luck to all of us trying to kick the habit. :thumbup:

well i am first proper day on mushyies now i weighted myself this morning i am 4 pounds down since fill on tuesday i cant beleive it my trousers feel alot slacker today, i had spagg bol mushed up for my tea i had more bol than spag though tasted awesome.

I guess I should be glad that I have lost 2 sizes even if I have only lost 11 pounds. I guess going to the gym has helped me go down in sizes. Just wish it would make me go down in weight.

you will

i never thought i would but i have