Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

My LapBand surgery is scheduled for 11/20/09.

Congrats to all our recent bandsters! I'll be joining the ranks in 14 days. I started my pre-op liquid diet today, and am ready to eat my arm off. Oh well, all in the name of a shrunk liver, right?

And I realized, I never did this, so...

LBT Name: timetobefree

Height: 5'10"

Surgery date: 11.25.09

Starting Weight: 374.4

Surgery Weight: n/a

Current Weight: 374.4

Amy

today is the day, My sugery is scheduled for 8:45. My stomach is a little upset, I hope it is just nerves. Not a good time to get a stomach bug. I am not really worried about the surgery, just about going under. I am sure everything will be fine. Wish me luck!!!

Good luck...you'll be fine. I had my surgery on Monday the 9th. I'm very sore but getting along.

Okay so today's the DAY!!!!!!!!! :lol: I leave in half an hour to the hosp to prep me before my surgery at 12:30... I've not been this nervous ever in my life. But I'm also excited for my life to change soon! :unsure: LOVE YOU guys!!! :smile:

Thank you all for your support. <3 <3 <3 see y'all on the flip side!

:tongue_smilie:

Hope you're doing well. I had my surgery on the 9th and feel like I've been hit by a truck...very sore, but doing ok.

Well gang, I had my surgery today and was surprisingly NOT nervous. All went well and I'm fine, except for a lot of soreness by the incision where the band was inserted and the port is, when I have to stand up or sit down. They told me that is to be expected. I haven't needed much pain med. but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Was on Clear Liquids and doing fine. I'll keep you posted...

By the way, I didn't have much discomfort from gas today as I was told I would by some previous bandsters. Hopefully the lack of gas will continue.:tongue_smilie:

Well, I'm 2 days post-op and not hungry. I do feel like I've been hit by a truck, though. Very sore from my jaw down to my knees. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Still glad I did it.

I am having a revision surgery to fix my slipped band on November 18th so i feel like it will be all new again. I had my origanal surgery in Sept. 07 and have lost almost 100 pounds total. I am nervous for the surgery but looking forward to it to:)

welcome aboard!! what pre-op diet do u have to be on?

I know the feeling abt being banded around the holidays... it's better to lose those holiday lbs instead of gaining them!!!

Good luck on your journey!!! :smile:

How did you surgery go yesterday? Mine's the 19th and I have the jitters.:tongue_smilie:

I am personally freaking out a bit on the inside but also am REALLY excited. I am mostly worried about surgery (because I am a big weanie) lol I am sure everything will be fine but I know I am making the right decision. :lol: So as long as you know that and keep a positive mind about it things will go great I'm sure :lol:

It helps to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. The surgery part concerns me too. I've never had surgery so I do not know what to expect. Hospitals give me the creeps.:smile: Everyone that has been to Dr. Marvin just loves him so I know I'm in good hands.:tongue_smilie: I'll do fine until I get to the hospital. They may have to give me some good stuff ASAP to keep me from running out the door!:unsure:

I am a NOVEMBER bander! I was banded 5 days ago!

I cant wait for my one week anniversary. I think today was the first day I could feel my port, It was not painful, just different. Im guessing it felt like what it feels like for pregant people to feel the baby kick!

Im doing good with the clear liquids, and Im off the pain meds. I have to yell at myself because I keep forgetting to take my Vitamins. I cant wait to get near a scale to weigh myself. I know I made progress this week

Hey there Knockouts! I saw on another User Group post that someone had created a spreadsheet for their "month" and all the LPTers getting banded. I am attempting to do the same, to share with everyone. If you want to be included, please reply to this post with the following: (I've used my info)

LBT Name: counselor - is - in

Height: 5'5

Surgery date: Nov 18

Starting Weight: 293.6 (before pre-op diet, etc)

Surgery Weight: (unknown right now)

Current Weight: 291.0

Once I get it all figured out, Ill post for everyone (Knockouts) to look. We can update it monthly.

I've gotten info from the following:

ccweeks

soexcited

graciesmom

happyhomecc

soon2B2LittleE

Bundy

myqueen80

joysuz1498

timetobefree

How did you surgery go yesterday? Mine's the 19th and I have the jitters.:(

you can check my blogs out if you wanna :)

ooh, 19th will be here before you know it! I know the feeling about having jitters... wait til the day of your surgery, my gosh I never want to go through it again.. but it's worth it. :)

good luck with everything!:biggrin:

Good luck! I'll be thinking about you! Check in when you can.

It's my turn tomorow...eeek!

am thinking of you today... hope all is well. look forward to hearing from you... :biggrin:

Hey there Knockouts! I saw on another User Group post that someone had created a spreadsheet for their "month" and all the LPTers getting banded. I am attempting to do the same, to share with everyone. If you want to be included, please reply to this post with the following: (I've used my info)

LBT Name: counselor - is - in

Height: 5'5

Surgery date: Nov 18

Starting Weight: 293.6 (before pre-op diet, etc)

Surgery Weight: (unknown right now)

Current Weight: 291.0

Once I get it all figured out, Ill post for everyone (Knockouts) to look. We can update it monthly.

I've gotten info from the following:

ccweeks

soexcited

graciesmom

happyhomecc

soon2B2LittleE

Bundy

myqueen80

joysuz1498

timetobefree

did you get my info from the novermber bandster group too?

just checking :(

thanks for volunteering to do this, it's super nice of you!!! :biggrin:

Hi everyone,

I got banded on Nov 9th at 8 am. I came home yesterday morning and I feel pretty good. I'm not close to being hungry and was on a liquid diet seven days before surgery. Thought I'd be starving. But, not even close. We've had nonstop visitors here at home and lots of sweets, etc. No temptation. The only complaint I have is the GAS pains. I know I have to walk walk walk but they are stubborn!! Haven't needed pain meds today. I'm so grateful I went through with it. Congratulations November bandsters and those to be banded!! :biggrin:

Hey everyone! I had my surgery on Tuesday morning and was home late Tuesday afternoon. Yesterday I was so suprised because I felt like a million dollars. Today, on the other hand, I feel horrible. I have had very little gas pain, thank goodness, but my port pain is awful. I feel like everytime I move I am being stabbed with a knife in my side. I can tell my stomach is very swollen internally as a very minimal amount of liquid fills me up so much that I feel like I have just eaten Thanksgiving dinner. I also had to have a hiatal hernia repair so that has added another demention to the pain. All in all, I will survive, but I will be honest, it is a lot tougher recovery than I was anticipating. Hang in there all those like me that have already got there band, and good luck to those of you who will be banded soon. If anyone ones has any questions on what to expect, feel free to ask.