Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

LBT Name: joysuz1498

Height: 6'

Surgery date: 11/30/09

Starting Weight: 365

Surgery Weight: unk

Current Weight unk

Tomorrow's the day (Nov. 9) and I'm soooo excited. A little nervous, too. More afraid of the post-op gas than anything else.

I keep thinking about that mantra from the 70's (yes, I'm that old :w00t:). "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". A life with a little less pain, a little less medication, a little less exertion and a lot more living.

Good luck to all my fellow November Knockouts! See you on the flip-side.

Barb

I bow to you, your highness:blushing: BEST of everything wishes going out to you my nervous but soon to be healthy friend!

I can only think about all you must be feeling because as my date rapidly approachs, I too have the elate/fear factors. I do notice that as the 24th closes in, those feelings get more profound.

I get to go to my pre-op nutriention/information seminar tomorrow and get the heck scared out of me with all the

"could happen" scenarios and be told I will be drinking my meals for the next few weeks:frown:

It is amazing all the very intense emotions that this surgery brings out.

Hey All,

I'm scheduled for November 11th!! and its so soon!! I have been on the pre-op diet for 8 days (all liquid shakes, nothing else). It seemed pretty easy for the first few days and is getting progressively harder! I know I can keep going, only 2 more days!!!

I'm excited but I am also very very scared. I get freaked out by the idea of being put to sleep feeling fine and then waking up knowing I have been cut and have a foreign object inside of me! How crazy!

But I am happy none the less. I hope I am able to lose weight fast, although I know it won't come off over night.

So, by November of next year all us November Bandsters will be new and healthier people!!

:w00t:

Hi everyone! I was banded Friday! Can only get down couple oz. food just looks disgusting now, I have to cook for my 8 yr old son., doesn't bother me like I thought it would. In pain, but that's what pain pills for. I'll take being in pain to be skinny anyday!:w00t:

Where do u all get those counter/ticker things?

My surgery date is also the 20th. My sister and I are doing it on the same day, same MD. Should be an interesting recovery time having someone to do it with.

My surgery date is also the 20th. My sister and I are doing it on the same day, same MD. Should be an interesting recovery time having someone to do it with.

That's awesome! How fun to have someone to go through it with.Good luck. Mine is the 18... WooHoo

Hey! Let me know how your follow up goes! What time is your appointment? They want me to stop by and weigh tomorrow (AGAIN) not sure why and I am trying to get out of it as Mary weighed me last week but Catherine said in an email I need to stop in.

Hurricane coming here. Hope my surgery and appointments don't get pushed back. Go Away Ida!:smile2:

im new to the site! my surgery is scheduled for Nov 30th! Im super excited but nervous at the same time... My dad is being extra "supportive" (sarcasm intended) his only response to me was "wow Nov 30th... what about Christmas dinner? ?"... like I really need another big unnecessary meal....:smile2:....

LOL oh well luckily I have a super supportive husband and wonderful friends and co-workers... wish me luck!! :)

Hey! Let me know how your follow up goes! What time is your appointment? They want me to stop by and weigh tomorrow (AGAIN) not sure why and I am trying to get out of it as Mary weighed me last week but Catherine said in an email I need to stop in.

I have my appt @ 2pm

what time you coming by? They want your weight again to set your 10 lb goal. I was short by 2.5 lb LOL I got my period 4 days before surgery!

im new to the site! my surgery is scheduled for Nov 30th! Im super excited but nervous at the same time... My dad is being extra "supportive" (sarcasm intended) his only response to me was "wow Nov 30th... what about Christmas dinner? ?"... like I really need another big unnecessary meal....:smile2:....

LOL oh well luckily I have a super supportive husband and wonderful friends and co-workers... wish me luck!! :)

Best of luck to you. My husband is also very supportive and since he's the closest person to us...that's what counts the most.

I bow to you, your highness:blushing: BEST of everything wishes going out to you my nervous but soon to be healthy friend!

I can only think about all you must be feeling because as my date rapidly approachs, I too have the elate/fear factors. I do notice that as the 24th closes in, those feelings get more profound.

I get to go to my pre-op nutriention/information seminar tomorrow and get the heck scared out of me with all the

"could happen" scenarios and be told I will be drinking my meals for the next few weeks:frown:

It is amazing all the very intense emotions that this surgery brings out.

G's-mom...thanks for the support. I agree with your sentiments exactly. I'm ready for a new life but a little apprehensive about the unknown. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm leaving for the hospital in about 10 minutes.

Take care all!

In less than 3 hours I will be ready to go into surgery. My doctor only reccommended that i started the liquid diet yesterday so Yahooo. I bought some vegetarian broth and tried it almost gagged from it but I downed it like a trooper, my dh and daughter have been supported when I was about to give in to temptation after surviving 1 day I know I can do this.

Looking forward to the mushy stage of the process Ha ha and trying to find a different Protein Shake to taste, I bought slimfast on accident so im going to have to get some better than that lol

I hope all goes well with the rest of you and we start our new journeys together :smile2:

Congrats! I hope you are doing well. I have my first consult for Lap band in 10 days. I am so excited. I am 49 and looking for a healthier 50!

Donna