Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Side and stomach sleeping??

I am a side and stomach sleeper. I am having surgery on the 23rd.

I was wondering how long it too before you were able to go back on your side or stomach?

Did this come into play with port placement?

Thanks

:blush:

I too am a stomach/side sleeper. I was sleeping on my right side the first night. At about 2ish weeks, I could sleep on my Left side (side of port). 4 weeks out I could sleep perfectly on my stomach. Good luck!!! It is a little hard in the beginning. At the end of the 1st week, I had little to no pain. :blush:

I am a side/stomach sleeper as well and it took me about 4 nights to be able to semi sleep on my side. I was in heaven when I was finally able to sleep on my stomach which was about 1 week out.

Took less than a week for me to be back on the tummy! I was never able to sleep on my side because it was hard to breath, but now, no problem. Good luck!

I was able to sleep on my stomach by day 2. sleeping on my stomach is the only way I can get actual sleep. I would love to be able to sleep on my side, but my body will not relax enough to let me sleep when I'm on my side.

Thanks...from the sound of it it is not going to be too bad...a few day for side and a little longer for stomach!! I can handle that!!

Took me about 3-5 days before I could sleep on the side of my port and on my stomach. It wasnt long at all have no fear :thumbup:

I slept on my left (the one w/the port) side night 1, on my stomach night 2. honestly the sooner you act normally the faster you'll FEEL normal. AND...the pressure can help control bleeding, you still probably have good meds on board on night 1 anyway, and the stretching etc can help prevent adhesions.

I have been banded and LOVE sleeping on my side. When you get out of surgery then you can ask the doctor :thumbup:

I never asked becasue I was embarrased and I should have :)

At the beginning I would not because of fear repeat fear but would wake up in the morning and I was sleeping on my port side

by the way...the pain killers I received made me Sllllllllllleeeeeeeeppppppppppp

it is good your asking

you will be fine

Thanks everyone!! I feel much better about it now and getting back to normal after my surgery!!

:thumbup: