Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is What's Goin On -

Ok everyone, I figured I needed to post a little about my journey and what's going on ......I haven't really seen any NSV's yet so I decided I needed to search for them no matter how small and this is what I've come up with. Some I'm reaching for so share a laugh with me :)

MY NSV'S - (although few, here they are)

K I noticed only one fitted shirt that used to fit tight and now it is comfortable to wear.

I don't have to give my t-shirts a little stretch before putting them on. (u know what I'm talkin about)

My mom noticed my belly wasn't sticking out as far as it used to even though I'm only at about 10lbs loss.

We have a large box fan that we stretch across the hallway to point in our bedroom and you have to climb over it everytime you need to go into the bedroom. I used to have to lean on the doorway to brace myself to climb over it to keep from falling on my ass and breaking it on my way over, but now I find I don't even break my stride anymore - feels almost like I'm easily jumping hurdles now. (Here I come Fluffy Girl Olympics! ;-) Watch out!)

I am able to stand on one leg and and put my shoes on without having to sit or lean on a doorway - and without just getting the shoe on halfway before I'd lose my balance and my leg would fall and then I'd just squish my foot around in it until it got all the way on - deforming your shoe eventually after years of abuse like this :) - (come on I know some of you have done this too, lol):D

I feel I fit better against my boyfriend when he hugs and squeezes the ol' toosh goodbye when I leave for work. He used to have to wrap his arms around sidways to grab my behind when we were hugging, but now I notice he can hug me straight on with his hands slipped over the back of my hips to give the ol' apple cheeks a squeeze.

My docker pants at work almost fit again. You see we only order pants once a year at work and mine haven't fit for a lonnnggggg time - I'd say close to a year so what I've been doing and another big girl at work does the same - you wear the zipper down a few inches and tuck the opening in so its not obvious your pants don't fit - well that zipper has gradually been getting closer back to the top and now in another few pounds I will be able to actually fully zip and button them again. This I am excited about because its very uncomfortable to wear your pants like this for 12 hour shifts at a time.

OH and I forgot this happened just tonight! I've been ordering 2XL shirts at work since I started 6 years ago. Well now its that time to order new shirts I put down only an XL thinking of the upcoming eventual weight loss and the personal secretary actually emailed me to confirm I only wanted an XL - I replied and asked her what she was trying to say? (Just messin with her, but it will be funny to see her squirm and try to reply tomorrow:D )

And my boyfriend must be noticing some weight loss too because the other night he said when I lose all the fat I better not lose my rear too cuz he likes it. (I doubt I will cuz believe it or not its the only thing that isn't fat on my body, it might shapen down, but I won't lose it a lot of it and that's ok because I don't have a lot to spare back there) I carry most of my weight in my stomach area even though I am amply blessed in the chest area too. Who knows what's going to happen.....but I massage my body all over periodically telling it you will not be loose and saggy.......ahhhhh the power of positive thinking.

So my last dr.'s apt. on Sept. 1st - I had lost a total of 8lbs - I think i've lost at least 3 more now but I don't keep scales at my house, but I was at my sister's the other day and she has a generic one - I thought what the heck but before I got on I noticed it wasn't aligned properly and was showing +3lbs - so I got on it and it said I weighed exactly what I had at my last dr.'s apt. so I figured to -3 off of what it showed to make it even (although I know this is only a rough estimate) - so possibly within the last month I've dropped 3lbs which is a huge success for me - as long as it keeps going that direction. I've been an extremely slow loser post op 4 months and only down 8lbs - possibly 11lbs now.

ok so there is what's going on in my life and I really wanted to share with everyone - it makes me feel like I'm making progress however little it may be - it's still progress for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) God bless!

I know where you are coming from. I was banded on 9-7-05 and I was at 219. Now I am at 207. Those 12lbs can do alot for you. I was able to put on a shirt that I was never able to wear because I never tried it on before I bought it (duh). Plus, this past weekend my husband and I went out on the motorcycle and I used to feel like I was wedged in behind him and the back rest and I felt different on the bike Saturday night. He even told me that he was able to sit back a bit more and that made me feel good. I carry most of my weight in my tummy and that has gone down and I feel more confident that I can do this and get to where I want to be. Congrats on your weightloss!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Congrats on the NSV's . I am still laughing at the box fan story though..lol You are just tooooo funny.

candy, way to think positive!! I so totally know what you're talking about with stretching the shirt out and tucking in the opening back into the pants!! Girl, I thought I was the only silly one who did that!

I know you've been thru some ups & downs lately, and I'm glad things have worked out for you! Stress does so many horrible things to our bodies, now that things are a bit more settled I'm sure you'll be seeing many more exciting NSVs coming your way.

I applaud your positive outlook! The things that are most obvious to you (but hard for others to see) are truly wonderful. It's a great way to confirm you are headed down the right track.

Keep up the good work,

Candy, way to think positive!! I so totally know what you're talking about with stretching the shirt out and tucking in the opening back into the pants!! Girl, I thought I was the only silly one who did that!

Nope there are many of us Fluffy Gals who hide in the never-ending closet of My Pants Don't Really Fit Anymore so let's try to see if we can make them look like they do.

I totally didn't even know about tucking the flaps back in until another big girl was telling me her pants didn't fit her anymore and lifted her shirt to show me her zipper down 3 or 4 inches with the open flaps tucked back in..........needless to say I was in SHOCK - I said dammmmnnnnn here I've been for the past year just walking around with the zipper down making it look like I've got two simulatnioius growths out of my stomach from the flaps sticking out - making funny pokey things through my shirt! I only learned this trick a few months ago. Hopefully I won't have to pull this trick off too much longer.

So this is what happened to me today that made me feel real good :P I was leaving my cul-de-sac which is one street from the highway I take on my way to work. I'm at the stop sign getting ready to turn onto the highway when this cutie on a big purple chopper bike turned into our subdivision - I was checkin is pretty bike out the whole time he passed me and smiling at him - HE IMMEDIATELY WHIPS a u-turn behind me and follows me out onto the highway - he then gets real close on my bumper and then slowly passes me - checkin me out the whole time and then he speeds off rumbling loudly on his chopper. It made me feel pretty good - the funny thing is that my boyfriend was taking the dog out back for a potty break and our back yard faces the stretch of highway where this happened and I'm sure he saw the whole thing! LOL - but he loves choppers so I'm sure he was checkin this dudes bike out too! Just had to post that I had something nice happen today :(

So I've been facing inner turmoil over to fill or not to fill for my apt. this Weds - you see I have ok restriction but could use a slight tweek of .2 or .3 more and my Dr. had advised me of that at my last over-fill. Well I have nothing to chart my actual progress because I haven't kept any scales at my house since surgery and had only been documenting my weight loss from the Dr.'s scale each time I go. Since I didn't know if I was losing close to 1lb a week or not I decided it was time to break down and buy some scales.< /p>

So I go to Walmart this morning and pick out a nice digital scale that also measure body fat % - I thought cool I can track both. I get it all set up and running according to the manual and I weigh myself but everytime I try to do the body fat % it would read 000000 and then ERROR before powering off. I tried this at least 10 times and 10 different ways seeing if it had something to do with the feet being positioned correctly on the sensors....no luck.....so the scale was probably saying oooooohhhhhhh I can't calculate that high - got to power down nowwwwwwwww......can't take the pain..........LOL. Even though there were not restrictions noted anywhere in the manual or on the box - at the time of my surgery I had 53% body fat - surely you would think that the scale would register that high - but oh well. So in the morning I'm returning it for a different model and this one was kinda pricey so I'm not going to pay for the extra function if it won't work properly for me.

But onto the exciting news - during the 10 weighs trying to get it to work properly - the lowest weight I registered was 278 - and the highest was 280 - it fluctuated and didn't seem to be exactly accurate each time.......well regardless even using the 280 figure means........drum rollll please.......I HAVE LOST 5LBS!!!!! THIS IS HUGEEEE FOR ME!!! IT'S THE BIGGEST WEIGHT LOSS I'VE HAD CONSECUTIVELY SINCE BEING BANDED!!! FINALLY I AM ON MY WEIGH!!!!!!!!!!! So in 7 weeks since my last fill I lost at the least 5lbs. - I can't believe it - I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for something and now it happened! I went ahead and cancelled my fill apt. for Weds as it seems I've got the scales at least movin now - now I just need to start workin that band over real good in the mean time. I've been so excited all day about finally changing my weight ticker - so make sure to take a good look! :( I am 5lbs thinner today! YEA!!!! AND MY BMI DROPPED 1 PT!!!

I love hearing about other NSV and having my own NSV too. Congrats to you on all your NSV and i couldnt stop laughing about your fan olympics lol..

Kimi

I love hearing about other NSV and having my own NSV too. Congrats to you on all your NSV and i couldnt stop laughing about your fan olympics lol.

I'm still in training - but plan on making the 2006 team :(