Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm new to the group

Hello, my name is Wendy and I am getting the band on Thursday October 6th. I've read a few of the forums and decided that I need to register and get some kind of support started. I am starting out at 222 pds with a bmi of 39. My insurance is covering almost the whole procedure because of my reflux and family history of diabetes. I will probably only have to pay about $200 out of pocket. I feel very blessed about that.

I am very excited about the whole thing and I am on the liquid diet now to get ready for the surgery. I am a little nervous about the scars and I hope they heal well, I have had a surgery on my arm before and I had celluloid scaring and it is not pretty. But on the other hand I have had a c-section and not bad scaring at all.

I am wanting to loose about 80 pounds. Then I will be thinner then I have ever been.

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!! You are lucky the insurance is covering most of it, it seems these insurance companies really give people a hard time about coverage.

I am glad to hear that you're excited as well, you should be. This is an exciting adventure you have chosen. There will be sad times, angry times, and happy times. But the best will be those exhilerating times, they almost make up for the sad and angry times altogether. When the low times hit, just come to the boards, even if you just want to 'lurk' and not post. Sometimes I am laughing out loud at some of the things people write about, especially Jack and Vines, they are sooooo funny!!

This is an awesome and supportive group like nothing I've ever seen before. Everyone here is genuinely concerned about each other and they offer the best advice, because no matter what you're going through, they've been there. They understand like no one else could ever hope to.

Good luck. Hope to see you posting whenever you have a question or need.

Cindy:Bunny

Welcome Wendy!

You will find this forum very educational, informative and supportive! Congratulations on your surgery coming up soon! I will be banded Oct 25th by Dr Joya from Mexico.

Take care & keep us all posted on your new journey!!

This is for you! 36_1_55.gif

Wendy! Congratulations on finding this group! And your upcoming surgery on Thursday!

I'm following you on Monday the 10th! Your story sounds similar to mine.. I'm 34, approx 30 lbs heavier, have had several bouts with reflux over the past year. One of the pre-op tests my doc required was for me to have a endoscopy - that was fun! With my reflux issues and a family history of esophageal cancer it was necessary .... I'm glad I did because it revealed a hiatal hernia the doc will repair during the band procedure.

I'm a bit different in that all WLS (weight loss surgery) is completly excluded by my insurance, so I'll be self pay. I'm convinced it is the best thing I will ever do for myself.

Please come back when you feel up to it and let you know how things went.

all the best,

Welcome Wendy, congratulations on your surgery and insurance approval, I am getting ready to go for my consultation and hoping that my insurance will pay too, which they should, I have diabetes, reflux, and a host of other problems that this surgery could aleviate. Good luck, keep us posted. E 36_1_67.gif dna

I'm new to the group today too! Good luck with your surgery. I was banded on July 28th and everything has gone very well. I was a little concerned about the scaring as well but things are healing up just fine.

Welcome! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

Congratulations to you, and the other newbies on this thread! This is a great place to get info and support...take care and good luck! Cindy

You are truely blessed as far as your insurance coverage! And we are all glad to have you here! Welcome! It was nice to meet you!