Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning Violets~

LOL Michelle, if you had 365 kids, you would not be able to cook breaky either...you'd be dragging your uterus everywhere! Kids are great though. I loved your take on middle school. Yeah...patience...and a valium lick stick in the teachers lounge!

Judy...have fun today. How old is Ethan? When is kinder?

Laura...just kidding...#2 is not going anywhere, plus the man child to too cute. Any hair yet? Can't wait until he is like 3 w/ a little hair cut!

Haydee...the trainings are just downtown. The best part is going out to lunch for a week...which is not good for the waist line!

What up Janie and Heather?? Heather, we need to see Ayla updated!

I went and saw The Blind Side last night w/ Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw! OMG it was great! It has something for everyone...men will like it cause of the football and Sandra looks HOT! Women will like it cause Sandra looks HOT and Tim McGraw looks really HOT! It was funny, touching and I loved it!

Tonight I present at the City Council meeting! UUGGG! Gotta put on the suit and look all professional and nice at 6pm!!!

WHAT ARE THE TURKEY DAY PLANS GIRLS? Susanne's mom is coming tomorrow and we are having an early "holiday". I am having a little more Lipo on my chin next Wed., so for the actual day...Sus and I will probably go to the movies and grab a bite! Looking forward to relaxing w/ her for four days! Plus, I will NOT look pretty for a few days!

ttfn!

Hello, hello, hello

I got Ayla a new toy yesterday too. It was a teether that vibrates when you chomp it. She absolutely loves it and hates it at the same time. She likes it in her mouth, then she gets excited, starts waving it around and since it is heavier than her other rattles and such she inevitably conks herself on the noggin, lol. Of course by that time she is screaming.

Teething is no fun. We get all of the pain and uncomfortable times . . . not to mention tons of laundry because her neck area is constantly sopping with drool even with a bib and I have to keep changing her clothes. She is even having trouble sleeping because of it and there is no sign of any teefers yet. This unpleasantness has already gone on for more than a week . . . how long can it possibly take???

Ethan is watching Sesame Street and I'm waiting for the Bobster to get home with some sugar..... noooooooo, not that kind!! The kind for baking. I'm making banana bread today. Can't stand to waste those bananas.

Ethan is 3.5 years old and Kindergarten is wayyyy off. I'll have 2 more years of babysitting and then I'll be done!!!!! Thank goodness Kris is a stay at home mom or I'd be babysitting more. I really love my grandkids, but I also love my free time. I can get so much more done without Ethan here. But it's a big help to Joe and Jen not to have to worry about day care fees, so I'm glad to help them out.

"dragging your uterus everywhere"... LMAO at that one!!

Heather... Grady has been teething for months now. He has 5 teeth now and hopefully there will be a little breather before the next ones come in.

Grady's hair is getting a little long... sorry Laura...he's going to have to get a hair cut before long. Not to worry.. our Joe and Ethan didn't have hair until they were over a year old.

44 degrees right now and a beautiful day. Bob is going to burn the last of the leaves today and we have to take the dogs in to the groomer. Choir tonight for me. I'm anxious to hear how things went with the staff at church today. We have our annual Thanksgiving dinner after church on Sunday, but I'm not sure I'll stay for it. Bob will be preaching at another church so he won't be with me and all that food just makes it difficult to be a good bandster.

Off to bake the bread..

Well, I remember the day before Carson was born I told mom I thought bald babies were so cute--she said she didn't think they were.. then Carson was born with a full head of hair... and of course, I didn't care either way. Then it fell out. I still think he's adorable! It's hard to tell in pics, but he's actually got quite a bit of hair now, it's just light and dark striped, doesn't turn out with the camera.

Heather, Carson 'teethed' for 2 months, I never found anything good for him to teethe on.. then a week before he finally got a tooth last week, was a horrible week, it was his normal teething x20. He wasn't sleeping well and wailing a lot.

Carson drools non-stop too, we go through a couple bibs a day and it smells sooo horrid. I actually looked up last night (speaking of laundry!!!!!!!) how to get rid of that disgusting smell that's lingering in the collars of everything he owns. Something said to soak it in the washing machine in hot Water with dish soap & detergent.. then clean and during rinse cycle add 1c of vinegar. I did it, and low and behold it worked. I was about to throw out several bibs.. they seem clean but when the first drop of drool hit it, it smelled rotten!!

He just finally started rolling over too about a week ago. From either side, but mostly from his back to his belly in bed, and then crying till I come and flip him back over. But he does it over and over!

I just took some cell pics of his hair, gonna upload in a new post in a sec. You can also see his sores in his head (he gets that from daddy!!!!), he's on medicated Shampoo but so far I think it's just making it worse.

And did I mention he's in 12m clothes already?!

Edited by FairyFacade

PAMela, I sent you an e-mail. Anxiously awaiting a response :thumbup:

PAMela, I sent you an e-mail. Anxiously awaiting a response :thumbup:

If you are on...can you please send it it to pkerxxxx@psusd.us

(add my complete last name)...I can't wait and wont be home until later :)

LOL Pam you're about to be disappointed, it's nothing like that.

Judy, is Grady drinking Water from adult bottles? I think it's the funniest thing, Carson LOVES water.. which is good, maybe since he sees me drinking it. If he sees a bottle of Water, he opens his mouth and bangs till you pour some. Then you can't stop!

Also when we go to restaurants I order a water and feed it to him through the straw. He just can't get enough.

So funny to watch.

It's helpful for our sign language, something he reeeeeally wants, so he pays attention.

Good afternoon, Violets...

What an afternoon. Ethan and I walked 2 miles and it was an interesting walk with a 3 year old. We saw some bulldozers and he was thrilled. Before we left I had sliced the banana loaf and left it on the counter. When I got home from the walk, Jetta, the big dog had eaten 3/4 of the slices. Sooooooo I had to send the Bobster to Miller Street Bakery to get some lemon bars and date bars for the funeral reception tomorrow. arghhhhhhh

Laura... don't know about Grady and Water bottles, but Kris called today and said she had a screaming, OMG, Mommy moment today. She was on the floor reading through a cook book and looked up to see Grady with a dead mouse in his hands. Chloe, their cat had brought it up to him to show off her mouse catching skills. She said she has never gotten up off the floor that fast in her life. She got the mouse out of his hands and then scrubbed and scrubbed them. She doesn't know how long he had it in his hands and if he tried to ---gag--- put it in his mouth. She called Nathan and he just laughed.

I said the bright side is that at least Chloe is a good mouser!

I'm off to choir , then to a reception for an artist in town and then dinner. Everyone have a good evening!!

OMG... you know he put it in his mouth.

UGH UGH UGH. Luckily my cats are too pansy to even kill a tiny bug.. they let me know it's there, then I have to handle it.

So if we get mice again this winter, it's glue traps again.

ha ha ha, too cute! I've heard of worse! But ya, a dead mouse is pretty bad...

all this talk about teething babies makes me scared! crying for hours on end with no way to make them feel better?? boo!! that really sucks... I don't know if we are ready for that. But can we ever be ready?

Today has just been a mess! My computer has been all messed up. I was on a co-workers computer all morning. And the dork left her Facebook open so i was commenting on her status pretending i was her, LOL. Nothing bad just really random stuff. She is gonna crack up when she checks it in a few minutes he he he...

Judy - oooohhh Jetta! That's not the first time she's stolen baked goodies from you. My rescued dog Brownie has gotten so big that she can now reach the Breakfast bar in my kitchen. Anything I leave up there for more than 10 min is fair game for her... She has such a good nose and starts sniff sniff sniffing the air as soon as i put something down... We have to be so careful now...

Other than that, normal busy day here. Tons to do as always. Looking forward to next week.

So what's all everyone doing for thanksgiving again?

Pamela - i see that you're relaxing and getting over surgery...

Anyone traveling? We are going to Mexico to visit my grandparents the day after Thanksgiving. But the actual day we are going over to my mom's best friends house to have thanksgiving with her. Her turn this year. Then in the evening we will go see Juan's family for a bit...

I've been doing so good with my eating. Thank goodness that my freaking band is finally working again. I want to stuff my face but it won't let me...