Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

can't see pix either! but i think i know what michelle got cuz i've been coveting them forever. but since my trusty whirpool has not had ANY issues or problems in 10 years then juan says no way to new washer/dryer.

Jane! OH YES! please help me. I put in permanent color. It was the Loreal Natural Match in 4C. Dark brown cool. I should have gone with 4W, dark brown warm. Waaahhh. My hair looks almost blue it's so dark. Can i Shampoo it and it'll fall out faster?

I didn't get my security deposit back. I got a letter showing quotes from a few vendors for costs to make changes to some items. Basically the letter is saying there wouldn't be any deposit to return because of x, x, x potential expenses. However, I took video and pictures and I know I can fight it in court because the items are clearly frivolous. I checked and it will be easy and only about $40 to file a claim in small claims court.

The biggest thing she put on their was new blinds for the front window at around $1,500 which would eat up most of the security deposit. This is to replace white lace drapes that were in the window and are extremely old. There was nothing wrong with them except the thread was so old that the seams started separating between the panels . . . I sewed them and they are fine, just really old. There is no damage to them, they are white and look fine, they are just out-dated. I videoed them opening and closing and a view of each panel.

I decided to bide my time for now and am not responding to the letter. By not responding other than the initial letter I sent her a month ago requesting the security deposit back, I think she will assume she is done with me and just become complacent.

If she doesn't refund the deposit in 30 days, she owes me double per Ohio law. I also have the phone number and stayed in touch with the new tenant. I thought I would wait until the end of the year and check with the tenant to see if she had done any of the items listed. I am 95% sure she won't do any of it. She already told the tenant that the drapes stay with the house and she wont change them. I figured paying back double is a reasonable penalty for frivolous claims. It also isn't going to look good for her in court if she charged things against a security deposit that were never performed (or were performed directly before a court date after she received notification).

Last but not least, once I take her to small claims court and the items are resolved, I am issuing a formal complaint to the housing department for allowing her to rent property that has never passed inspection.

The only question I do have is whether I am just one of many that she has done this to . . . and perhaps they chose not to fight it.

Can i Shampoo it and it'll fall out faster?

I hope it doesn't fall out faster, lol.

That reminds me of trying sun-in for the first time as a teenager. It turned my hair carrot orange, lol. I wasn't allowed to die it so I couldn't fix it . . . and I had convinced my father that sun-in wasn't die. I had to live with the repurcussions at age 12, lol.

ha ha ha, Heather. I can see you with carrot orange hair!! I always wanted to use sun in but my mom said it was just for white girls, LOL. :biggrin:

And good for you in sticking up for yourself in all this fiasco. Most people would have just let it go since it takes so much time to document everything and follow up with everything. This isn't about the money, i'm sure, but about her trying to be a bad landlord to people. That's NOT acceptable. People work hard for their money and rent is already so high! I'm proud to say that we are very very fair and honest landlords. Juan is a pushover actually and will do most everything to make sure everything is perfect and that our tenants are happy, LOL...

Haydee, with that color, a level 4 is the same base color, it just has more additives to make it warmer or cooler. That is what the letter mean after the number. That is supposed to be universal, and hopefully it is with this. Your hair will get a bit lighter, just because, but for the next few shampoos use dawn dish washing detergent, followed up by a very good conditioner. You could go in somewhere and get a Shampoo cap, but that would be kind of extreme. They use shampoo, small amount of bleach to pull that color out. You can't remove color with color, so unless you bleach it out you can't get it lighter. That being said, don't panic because colored hair lightens much quicker and faster than your natural color! If you have any questions you can call me whenever. I would suggest next time you color your hair going with a 5. REMEMBER THE CARDINAL RULE OF COLORING, YOU CAN ALWAYS GO DARKER, BUT YOU CAN'T GO LIGHTER!!!!!!!! SO EVERYONE REMEMBER THIS WHEN COLORING YOUR HAIR!!!!!!

Jane is right! I can vouche, all those fade, even permanent. As someone who has dyed my hair since I was 13. I actually used the color you're talking about, except not the shade. I used the l'oreal cooler, one of the browns, to get the red out of my hair when I was going brunette for a little while.

About to go to steak&shake with my friend, I love their chili.. we have one by work but Russ doesn't like it, so I've not been in a LONG time.

I think sun-in is a mild bleach or something, isn't it Jane?? I tried it before mom let me dye my hair, and it never did anything.

I do recommend the melting pot!!! It was 'fun' and tasty. Gave us things to talk about. He picked out the swiss fondue as the starter (boring, an I don't like swiss as just something to eat) which came with cubed bread, apples, and veggies. It was alright, I'd have loved to tried the fancier cheeses. Then you have to agree on a 'sauce' that they make in a pot at your table, and then you buy your own meal (or, we shared one because we weren't too terribly hungry), they bring out raw meats on a tray (we ordered a sampler, had teriyaki beef (my fav), filet mignon, chicken, salmon, and shrimp). Then they made the sauce at our table, and left us alone. Oh they also give you a bunch of dipping sauces, and a bowl of veggies. So we took the capped mushrooms, put a sauce in, cookes some meat, made our own stuffed mushrooms. My shrimp was last since he's allergic. I can't wait to go back. We donated $10 to St. Judes through them (I donate to them anyway!!) and got a $20 gift certificate in return. We wanted to do the (expensive) dessert, but it was 11:20 by that time and they closed at 11. Their dessert is you pick a chocolate type (he wanted boring milk chocolate) but they had swirled and blah blah, and then they give you rice krispy treats, pound cake, marshmellows, strawberries and bananas... we're gonna go back one night just to get dessert!

I couldn't see the pic, Janie... it's just the basic Duet set, not the steamer one...

...BUT... every so often life surprises you... as it did me today... when the guys removed my old dryer... and the vent is dripping water! wtf? LONG story short... tomorrow morning the dryer vent guy is coming to de-gunk my vent that is clogged w/years of wet, stinky lint and *then* after running the dryer for a couple hours to dry out the vent, then maybe I can use them! waah! DH supposedly has been cleaning the vents (hmm) but because it's so long (20 feet w/2 bends) they say he couldn't have gotten the deeply imbedded gunk... so voila!... a nasty surprise today! And to think I'd worry about vent fires! Ha! I never thought to worry about vent flooding!

Then ds has explosive diarrhea... what a night!

Yeah, what oh what did I do before I became a Mom???????

See ya'll tomorrow!

Me again!

Nom nom Laura... that sounds good! Definitely start w/dessert next time!

Haydee... so sorry about your hair! I had that sun-in experience as a pre-teen, too! Rite of passage, I guess. I've never had the guts to dye my own hair.< /span>

Heather... wow you're so calm, cool & collected... good for you!

Ok, really I'm going this time... putting on pj's & munching on some pink grapefruit...

Sweet dreams!

yum! we will have to try the melting pot one of these days. Its just down the street from us...

getting ready to head to bed. it's only 815 but i'm soooo sleepy...

i was supposed to go to the gym but we got a cold spell and all i wanted to do was get home and turn on the fireplace and curl up on the couch...

The picture was really cute! It was a desk top and underneath the sides where file cabinets would be was a washer/dryer and a stove! It was funny. What was even funnier was just a ? showed up! I guess that is my great computer skills!!

I am going to bed now also!!

Good Early Tues Morn, Vi's~~

Today is DS's 15th birthday! :w00t: How is that possible?

Woke up an hour early to make him b'fast in bed: canadian bacon/cheese/egg warm biscuits w/a candle in one, fruit, cinnamon rolls, oj & coffee! There's Boston Cream Pie for dessert tonight! Hope his "ED" from last night is gone (and no, as used here, "ED" doesn't mean "erectile disfunction"!!).

The dryer vent man comes @ 8am.

Then I get to go to whatever's left of "Take Your Parents to School Day" at DD's school... oh yay... 90 minutes of honors algebra! Groan! But I am looking forward to her honors LA class.

Janie: that pic sounds funny & just about right, too!

Everyone make it a great day! When confronted w/the slimy lint of life -- just keep smilin'!