Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Ack! Climbed into bed w/out taking the pill... oh well, too late now -- now I'm up & at 'em! Still feel it... much less than it was last week, but still there...

Pam: I love Phantom Tollbooth & all its play on words! I re-read it every so often... think I'll go dig it up now that you've reminded me of it!

Laura: Glad you guys got a nice night out! Mmm, fondue! Mmmm, sopapilla cheesecake!! Tell your Mom Happy Birthday from the Vi's!!

Judy: How was church? Here's a little known fact: my first job out of college was working for a teensy publisher and one of the publications we produced was "Possibilities" -- the magazine of the Robert Schuller Ministries! Did your Mom get that mag back in the late '80s?

Hi Janie! Hope you have lots of heads scheduled for this week!

Hi Haydee! Another busy weekend? I can't wait 'til we meet everyone, then I can picture it all like I do w/Pam!

Hi Heather! All moved in now?

Make it a great day, everyone!!

Good morning, Violets..

Another beautiful day here. It's 27 degrees out, but the sun is shining and there is no snow!

I have my volunteer shift at the hospital today and then Ethan comes at noon. Grady comes at 6:30 and I have Community Chorus rehearsal at 7:30. Somewhere in there I need to walk the mall.

I was totally lazy yesterday. I didn't do any of the things I had planned. I took a nap instead.

Church went ok. He finally, FINALLY had a pretty good sermon. But there are so many other issues, the sermon is the least of them. The next Board meeting is Dec. 14. That will be a really tense one.

Michelle.... when you don't take your little pills you won't get rid of the headache... or you'll get pregnant.:biggrin:

My mom gave money to Schuller so I'm betting she got the magazine.

Off to dry and curl my hair and get dressed for the day.

Everyone make it a good one!! BBL....

Hey Girls~

UUGGG...it is cold here! Not Judy cold, but cold to my thin blood! I woke up to go work out...then quickly changed my mind!

Another day here. Work, then a meeting until 4pm! blahblahblah

I bought some cute jeans at Walmart for 18 buckeroos! Wearing them today and a new shirt.

MIchelle~ I would enjoy those pills! Kinda makes sense to relax you so you don't tighten the jaw!

Judy~ Glad to hear you took the day off...you are the busiest retired person I know!

Haydee~Whats up? Can't wait to hear about the weekend!

Laura~ How was the partay?

Janie, Heather, anyone I forgot....hiya!

have a great day!

Michelle.... when you don't take your little pills you won't get rid of the headache... or you'll get pregnant.:biggrin:

Uh, no. No no no. No. :tt2:

Small world about the mag, huh?

Pam: Rock those jeans, girlfriend!

Good morning, Janie!

Waiting for the appliance delivery... is it too odd to be excited about doing laundry? (answer: yes!)

Ok I don't know where the thought came from, but it popped in my head a couple times this week.

Can ANYONE imagine Michelle BEFORE kids????

It seems like Michelle is such a go-getter mom, I can't imagine her NOT being a mom. I know, it's random, but I don't know anyone else who I can't picture them pre-kids.

Mom's b'day was good, Russ had to go to work around 4, and I left then too to get Carson bathed and ready for bed, but everyone else stayed and watched Up (I already saw it, the beginning was good and made me cry, but the adventure part bored me).

I hate ONE TINY square of sopapilla.. and PB'd a bit on it. Yay band. Then last night when I got home I had Cereal, pumpernickel bread with jelly on it, and 2 doves candies with no problem. Durr.

Oh and Carson was up this morning at 4am and would not go back to bed. I am drowning in coffee.< /p>

Ok I don't know where the thought came from, but it popped in my head a couple times this week.

Can ANYONE imagine Michelle BEFORE kids????

It seems like Michelle is such a go-getter mom, I can't imagine her NOT being a mom. I know, it's random, but I don't know anyone else who I can't picture them pre-kids.

I am seriously laughing out loud at this!! It's so true! I can't even imagine myself pre-kids. Really. I'm sitting here trying to... and I can't! What did I do? What did I do with all that TIME?? We were married @ 23 and I was 31 when I had Evan... 8 years of no kids... what did we do??? Work, I think! Especially when I first started working freelance for myself... I did a lot of on-site document management for various companies and remember many, many 80+ hour weeks! We've never been partiers... Ack! Laura, you've unearthed a mystery... this is going to bug me 'til I figure it out!! What did I do??? (Eat, get fat... well, yeah...) Hmmmmmmm...

Good monday morning lovies! How is everyone today???

My weekend was wonderful. On Friday I got to go home early and Juan played hooky too. We went and had lunch at a little vietnamese restaurant, went and shopped for new bed sheets then went home and took a late afternoon "nap", he he he... Then I got up to get ready because I had a wedding rehearsal that evening along with a concert to attend. We went and saw Julio Iglesias. Do ya'll know him? He's still awesome. He's like 72 years old and still a horn dog but he still sings really really good. He had 3 young young girls as backup dancers/singers and he proceeded to make one with each one of them during the show. YUCK. Me and my sister would just cover our eyes. Who wants to see great great grampa making out with a 19 year old? Yeesh.

Then Saturday we had a HUGE wedding. 200 people. It was so beautiful. Lots of candles everywhere. The night was so nice. Cool and breezy. It was over so quick though. We started setting up at 9am and finished around 4pm. The wedding started at 6pm and was totally over by 8:45. I was just stunned. All that money and work! Oh well, they left so so happy and everyone had a great time.

So since we finished so early I went and picked up movies and some hair color and went over to my mom's house. We watched UP, which I absolutely LOVED and my sister colored my hair. I didn't like it! It's too dark. I miss my chocolate brown tinged with light brown. I wonder how long I need to wait before I do another dye job. This is only the 2nd time in my life that I've ever dyed my hair. First time was when I was 21 and they ruined my hair. I wanted light brown highlights and they made my hair super light brown all over and with BLONDE highlights. UGH, it was a mess. And I had to suffer with hideous roots for months because I wanted to grow it out. It was a horrendous experience so then ever since then I've never done it again. But my grays were getting so bad and I couldn't hide them anymore so then I had to do something about it. Oh well, I will try shampooing it and see if the color fades quicker.

Sunday we spent the day on the couch and then back in bed, then back on the couch, then finally got in the shower around 6pm and went to go see 2012. It was a good date movie! I haven't paid much attention to the whole Mayan predictions hoopla so I just took it as a good action fiction movie and didn't try to read anything else into it. It was exciting, lots of blowing up things and car chase things. It was long but didn't really notice it because it kept you entertained. 2 thumbs up for a date movie!

Then after the movie last night we came home and caught up with Project Runway on our DVR. Who watched Project Runway? Who are you cheering for?? Right now I love Althea and all her stuff but Carol Hannah really really has nice stuff too. Irena just gets on my nerves. I have always felt that if you need to put other peoples work down it's only because you have insecurities about your own stuff. I like her stuff but don't like that she needs to resort to that....

Anyhoo, sorry for the novel. Had lots of stuff going on.

Can't wait for ya'll to meet my fam so I can talk about them first person.

My dad went hunting this weekend and he shot a 290 lb wild boar. Juan goes in two weeks and all I want him to bring me home is a HUGE turkey. If he shoots a deer then we give all the deer meat away. I don't like the way it tastes!

Ok, lemme catch up with ya'll and see what ya'll were up to! I'll be back...

oh, i just can't stand russell and his ego. ugh and i hate the way he plays those poor stupid girls! but he's playing the game so good and he's so wicked so i kinda want him to win. he he he... that was so freaking awesome how he found two immunity idols without a clue!

laura - i've never been to melting pot but we have one right down the street. do you reccommend it? what kinds of stuff did you get? mmmm, sopapilla cheesecake sounds so good! I'm trying to be sooooo good now. I had a carnation instant Breakfast for breakfast. I have greek yogurt with granola for a snack and then a smart one for lunch. tonight i am making grilled fish with spinach. I CAN DO THIS. 50 lbs in 6 months. that's only around 8 lbs A MONTH. that's not hard haydee... talking to myself now... scary...

Michelle - WOW, you were childless for almost as long as me! I want kids so bad but at the same time relish our time together so much. I hope I make a good transition like you did. You are awesome at it!

Judy - saw some of grady's pics on Facebook. AWW, he's too too cute. You looked so good too! You look radiant! I'm glad that there was a less intensive option for Zumba for you. It's always a good thing to mix up your workouts to keep things interesting...

Jane - how are you? I'm glad you got your machine fixed. You working on any cross stiching projects lately?

Pam - saw your wedding pics on FB. They looked so happy! She's preggo? I didn't even notice! All I saw was happy!

Heather - hope you're settling in! Did the lady end up keeping your deposit??

I watch project Runway and think Irina is very heartless with other people. I like the other two better, I think I would like Carol Hannah to win, but not that much more.

Yay Yay... the delivery guy just called & they'll be here in 1/2 hour! Me = excited about laundry!

Will have to take the manual w/me when I pick up kids @ 3pm... then straight to activities... won't be home 'til 9pm... wah, may have to wait 'til tomorrow to launder.