Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

And voila -- a clean vent! Now I have to let the dryer run for an hour or so to dry it out. The poor guy was covered in lint when he left...

post-214707-13813138875988_thumb.jpg

Good morning, Violets..

Another beautiful, sunny, Fall day here. 26 degrees, but no snow in the forecast. That will make it a shorter winter this year. We had snow on the ground by this time last year. We're going out to finish hanging the Christmas lights and then finish burning the last of the leaves in the side yard.

Ethan comes at noon for the day and I have singing rehearsal tonight.

Lots of emails flying back and forth about church stuff. Things are going to come to a head very soon now. Not soon enough for me!!

Michelle.. enjoy your day at school today!

Haydee....hope your hair tones down a bit for you!

Janie...have a good day at work

Laura...Grady has 5 teeth now and is crawling all over and standing up on everything. Look what you have to look forward to!!!

PamELa, Heather and Suzi and anyone I might have missed... have a great day!

Tee Hee, Judy!

Ok, I'm off to school! Well, actually... I'm going to SB first to fortify myself w/a venti latte and THEN I'm going to middle school! :w00t:

Judy, i love the picture :0)

We were talking about the melting pot at work when we went out for asian food the other day. I haven't been but the consensus amongst many was . . . the meat wasn't that great because you have to cook it yourself and it takes a really long time, but you are already full from all of the other breads, apples, etc so the meat isn't recommended. The Desserts were to die for and it is worth it to just go for dessert alone, especially if you are not in to cheese for cheese's sake.

I have fallen off the wagon long and hard. If I don't do something about it soon, I might have to start thinking about moving up a size. I DO NOT want to go there.

Yesterday I had a good Breakfast and lunch. I had salad for dinner. Then I ate a few pieces of chocolate from my MBA gift bag (They gave me a gift bag during my final class with a university cup, notepad, alumni car sticker, a card saying congrats on graduation and the whole thing was filled chock full of chocolate, the good kind, and tootsie rolls).

That was the beginning of the slide . . . if only I could have stopped after a few pieces of chocolate but it awakened the sleeping hunger beast. Then I had a cupcake with butterscotch frosting and vanilla ice cream drizzled with butterscotch . . . which I then repeated repeatedly. Even after all that, I was still feeling the urge to hit the fridge but just went to bed. I am a glutton for punishment . . . or perhaps just a glutton period.

Oh well, enough with the pity party and indulging in my own self guilt. I always feel horrid after I mess up like that.

I get my second fill next week . . . thank goodness. I really need it. Some of this is related to my eating demons but most of it is pure, unadulterated hunger that is out of control. It is hard to concentrate on not eating when your stomach is saying FEEEDD MEEEE. When I have full restriction, I rarely think about food and the obsessiveness goes away.

I went to the grocery store this morning and bought several bags of steam fresh microwave broccoli, peas, and green Beans. I have decided that until I get another fill, I am giving myself license to eat as much as I want . . . as long as it is green and healthy. That way I am not constantly hungry and not sabotaging myself. I feel that this is an acceptable middle ground.

LOL JUDY!!!

I bought Carson a baby cell phone last night. As silly as that sounds, he loves buttons and MY cell phone and the remotes, so I thought (correctly) he'd like it.

I can't wait till he's movin around. Did ya'll see the picture of him with the twins yesterday?? They are 2 months old and weigh 7 and 9lbs. They were so itty bitty compared to him. He was trying to talk to them (his new noise to get attention) and one was sleeping, the other didn't know how to respond, so he would get mad and look back at me like 'What's their problem???'.

Good morning!!

I love the picture Judy!!

Is that Grady you are holding?

Laura and Heather I bet you are getting excited showing Carson and Ayla the Christmas sights!! They are usually so mesmerized by the lights etc........

Wow Michelle! Nice for your son!! Did he appreciate it? What happened the morning of your birthday? I would love for someone to bring me just a cup of coffee before I get out of bed. But then again it would probably scare me since I live alone.........

Any difference today on your hair Haydee??????? I hope you are using a good conditioner. I am sure you are, you are the kind of person that takes good care of your gorgeous hair!!

Why am I rambling so???????????

Hey Ladies~

What a morning. I woke up at 4:30, and got the sports bra on (you know what a pain that is) only to say "forget this" (or something like that...and got back in bed...I couldn't wake up!!! LOL some mornings are just like that. Sus put flannel sheets on last night...and I LOVE them. I mean...I really love them. Gonna be hard to get up until March!

Judy, I LOVE the pic of Bob talking to God! Remember that book Are You There God, It's Me Margaret? I used to pray like that...now I can use my cell phone...SOOO much easier.

Haydee, how is the hair today? I am sure it is pretty...those fade quickly anyway. I've never used one of the box jobs...being blonde is harder to maintain. I always wanted to use one, a rich color...now except the blonde streak in front I guess I can...but my guy would kill me.

Michelle, man, I wish you were my mom! I salivated at that breaky...and in bed...mmmmmm. He is very lucky! How was your day in middle school? I teach 6th grade and right now the kids are creating adjective posters (that is how I am able to type). I am going to be gone for the week after Thanksgiving at meetings and trainings for this new curriculum I am piloting, so I am also writing lesson plans (not easy to write for a week).

Laura, tell my little man child to call me on his new phone. The pix were delish yesterday...he did look like, "what is this???" I bet you loved being around the little ones...ready for number 2?

Heather, I hear ya on "being off the wagon". I got off the wagon and parked it down the street. Worst part is someone shrunk my damn jeans. I guess we keep on keepin' on!

Janie, how's biz??? I would hope w/ the holiday everyone wants to get their do's done. Hope you are busy busy!

Off to write some more plans...trying to do it subject by subject for the week...I am on 3rd period now...what to do, what to do????

Edited by kity

Heather - we're in the same boat! I've been resisting going up on my jean size but i have to stuff myself in them like a freaking sausage... not good. But good for you that you're being proactive about having good munching food around. I got a fill saturday morning and so far it's doing it's job so hopefully i will start losing again. I'm doing my darnest to eat like i was eating and thank goodness my band isn't letting me. Last night I defrosted fish to make but it tasted really "refrigeratorish". I guess I didn't wrap it right when I put it away. Anyway, I had to throw something together for us quick since fish was bad. I made us some cheese quesadillas on corn tortillas. I took about 3 bites and was struggling to get it down. Thanks goodness!

This morning I had oatmeal with skim milk. Normally I can eat a whole cup of it and I could only get half down.

Judy - that was a cute pic of Bob. He looks so handsome in his robe. I can't believe Grady has so many teeth already! I am so ready to put up all my Christmas stuff already. I want Juan to do the lights outside already but we are so busy these next few weekends. We might have to wait until DECEMBER! The horrors! LOL

Laura - awww, I did see that cute pic with the twin girls. They were too cute! And I loved loved loved Carson's expression when he looked back at you... Is he saying any words yet? mama or dada? Anymore teeth pop out??

Michelle - YUM! Breakfast sounded YUMMY! But I feel bad that he's having stomach issues... poor thing... Are you giving him immodium?

Jane - my hair is fine. Not lighter after shampooing with dawn last night but I will do it again today. The conditioner i'm using is the pantene conditioner for black womens hair. It was recommended to me by a friend and her hair is very dry and brittle and this helps it so much. Is there another one you recommend? A very very good one?? I know the dawn is stripping my hair dry, I can feel it...

Pamela - this is the first box I used too but everyone else I know used the boxed stuff and they love it and always get good results. I'm just weird I guess. I love the blonde streak that's in your hair right now. It looks so soft! Where is your training meeting gonna be at? Somewhere nice at least where you will get to do something after work?? I like work trips like that!

Today is my dad's birthday and we are taking him to a nice restaurant for dinner. I still havent bought him a present so I'm headed to the mall right now to find something for him... Wish me luck!

Weekday breakfasts around here are pretty much "make your own": Cereal, yogurt, frozen waffles, oatmeal, fruit... so I like to make "weekend" b'fasts on their birthdays. They really appreciate it. This morning they were saying, "Gee Mom, if you had 365 kids, then we could have good b'fasts EVERY morning!" :smile2: My response was, "If your birthday was on Feb. 29, then you'd get a fancy b'fast only once every 4 years!" Funny that our perspectives are completely opposite! lol!

MS was fine... the coffee definitely helped power me through it! My major takeway was that those teachers are PATIENT! Wowza! I was annoyed w/the kids after 1/2 a period (why do they keep raising their hands before the teacher has finished explaining everything? And then bouncing up & down as if the teach couldn't see their hand in the air? And then doing the "ooh! ooh!"? Over & over. Really?!) But the teachers remain calm, cool & collected. I'm guessing they drink their lunches! :redface:

I'm finally "doing" laundry in the new machines -- yay! They are sooooooooo quiet, especially the washer, compared to our old ones, that literally shook the house when on. & the buttons are fun to push! Hey, I'm a SAHM -- I'm easily entertained!

I got the Kathy Griffin memoir "Official Book of the Month Club" (or something like that) from the library today... she's a hoot... hope it's good!

Off to surprise DS w/the BCP... then beddie bye! Sweet dreams!

Ready for number 2?? You kiddin me? I just rocked Carson for 45m tryin to get him back to sleep!!! :redface:

Michelle, I was pounding out a book a week till I got the Kathy's memoirs. I love her, and I thought I'd like the book.. I guess it has potential, but it's such a slow read, I've been stuck on it since I read The Help (I guess August!). I finally gave up on it last night and I'm starting the new Tori Spelling book Mommywood.

We got the money we put into the Christmas Club this week. Was almost double what I thought it would be.. I don't look at our paycheck stubs so I never see the tally. Nice and needed surprise!!

Good morning, Violets...

A frosty, Fall morning once again, but at least no snow yet. Ethan arrives any minutes for the day, so I'll be a busy Gramma. I got to ride my bike for 40 minutes yesterday. It was such a beautiful day. I'll have to figure out what I can do today with Ethan here. Might have to have Bob watch him while I walk the mall.

Ooops.. Ethan just got here. Gotta run!! BBL..

A late start for a weekday... I dozed off on the couch after DD left for school! Oh my!

Regular day on tap here... work, errands, activities, and *laundry* (yay!).

Make it a good one, Vi's!