Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I hate hearing the hurt in your post Judy! Sending you big hugs...Wish I could do or say more to you! I love you!

oxxoxo

Good afternoon, Violets..

Well, it was a hard time in church today. We always offer up prayers of the people and of course I offered one up for my friend, Kathleen. Well, I had a hard time getting through it without the tears and then I got to thinking of my brother who was a teacher and died at age 50 in the middle of a school year (Dec.11, 1995) and I couldn't keep it together. Thank goodness the choir was able to do the song for the prayer response with me directing with my eyes closed and just waving my arms. I hadn't really cried up to that point so I guess it just was time. I feel better now and am just waiting to hear the results of the special church board meeting. I just want all that hassle done, done, done too.

Thanks for your support here and on Facebook. You all mean the world to me. :thumbup: Hugs to each and every one of you.

(just a side note.. I got lots of hugs and support from my church family, but the pastor never said a word to me.)

Judy, you have a lot of worry and sadness on your plate right now!! Sending you out some good thoughts and prayers.

Went and saw "In the Heights" I think that was the name, it is a new broadway show. It was okay. Maybe I am getting old, but I just don't see rap fitting into the musical scene!

Just got done watching the AMA's they were good. Short speeches and some awesome performances! Plus MJ apparently died and his brother Jermaine and Jermaines kids including JERMAJESTY, were there to accept it for him. That name just kills me!! Pam and Judy, can you imagine calling on Jermajesty to answer a math question?

Okay I am rambling, Bye!!!!!!!

Good Monday morn, Vi's~~

It's Turkey week! Today (& every day) will be spent getting ready for my guests, hosting my guests, and then cleaning up from my guests... lots of cleaning and cooking and baking this week! Let the holiday season officially begin!

& I finally got a swine flu app't for dd, so I take her @ 10am.

Other than all that... :biggrin:... nothing on the agenda!

Make it a good day... you're all in my heart!

A friend just sent me this... :biggrin:

THE GOOD NAPKINS

The joys of having girls.

My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake).

One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping "napkins" in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?

Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for 'special occasions' (her second mistake).

Now fast forward a few months....It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table.

When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a 'special occasion' Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!!

My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter.. 'But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!'

Pass this on to your girlfriends who need a good laugh or anyone who has a daughter!

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly....and for heavens sake, use the good napkins whenever you can!

(((((JUDY)))))

Today is like Wed., so happy. We're taking Carson to see Santa today during lunch. Fingers crossed the lines haven't started yet. Also going to pick up an Angel Tree person if that's opened up.

In my world today is like Thursday!! Long day today, not hard...just long. Wont get home until 5!

Hang in there Judy...so much purple power heading your way.

Loved the story Michelle...already emailed it to my girlfriends.

Laura, can't wait to hear how the man child reacts to the fat man in the red suit!

Getting my fill on the 2nd, after Thanksgiving. I am having a touch up on Lipo done this Wed., so left the fill as is. Fighting serious depression...and eating my way through it. Woke up at 4:30 only to go back to bed and skip the workout...blah! It will lift soon...I promise!

xoox

big hugs to all my violets...

((((judy))))) so sad to hear about your friend. She was way too young. But we can all find solace in the fact that she is in a better place now and looking down and watching over friends and family. How hard it must have been for Bob to do her funeral. I'm sure he was torn up inside. And as far as the new pastor not offering a word of condolansces to you?? You can tell right there what kind of person he is. At times like this we put our differences aside and focus on the healing. I feel sorry for him...

(((((pamela))))) sending you hugs and kisses every day! I know it must be so hard for you but focus on the GREAT life that you have with your partner and your friends. We all love you very much and hate it when you're sad. Hope the sadness passes soon and you get get back to your old self... In the meantime, pass me some cupcakes! LOL...

Laura - OMG! HOW FUN! Awww Carson meeting the fat man for the first time... Can't wait to see pics! Enjoy every little last bit of his first Christmas where he is aware of all the fun going on around him. Wish I could be there too!

Jane - don't like rap in plays either. You're not an old foggey! We went to go see A Christmas Carol last night after we got out of our retreat. It was awesome. Such a great cast.

Michelle - you must be a flurry of activity. You're like a blur flying around your house right now! Still have tons to do as far as getting your house ready? Are the kids excited?? I loved the napkin story and already passed it along!

My weekend was incredible! I'll go into details later though because right now I am swamped with work.

<<<<Judy>>>> I am happy that Bob can perform the services.

<<<<Pamela>>>> November is almost over, thank goodness.

Laura, good luck with Santa. Some of us have had terrible experiences with that, lol.

My son was 10-11 months when he first met Santa . . . he cried like as if he thought he was going to be eaten alive. Needless to say . . . not a good picture, lol. I did get a picture later however. I went to a party and santa was there. I went over without my son seeing him, put him in his lap and kept his attention long enough to get a picture before he looked up and screamed his head off.

TracyinKS, welcome back and congratulations on getting your life back. It is so worthwhile to make changes and get "free"

Hello to everyone else . . . I hope you all have a really enjoyable week. :0)

Good afternoon, Violets..

Today is another day and we keep on keeping on! We went to Mio last night and met with the family and then went to the school and met with the staff. There were lots of hugs, tears and laughter, just as it should be. The funeral is this Saturday. It's going to be huge because after 36 years of teaching, you know she touched many, many lives. She comes from a family of 6 siblings and has 6 step brothers and sisters. So the family section is going to have at least 65 seats. The staff is going to sit together so we'll all support each other.

Things are moving on the pastor front. I see his days numbered and that's a good thing for the church. It's just taken so long to go through the process. There was a special meeting yesterday and there will be another one on the 2nd of Dec. At that meeting, they will make the decision of whether he stays or goes.

I did my hospital shift today and now am waiting for my little guy to arrive. He'll be here til 5 and then Grady comes at 6. I have rehearsal tonight from 7:30- 8:30 so as usual I'll be a busy lady. And that's not all bad.

Thank you all for the purple power and kind thoughts. That's what we're here for and I know that I can count on you to support me as you know you can count on me to support you through the good times and bad.

Now.. for the eating... arghhhhhhhhhh!! I have been eating very little healthy stuff, but of course the junk goes down very well. Exercise has not happened since Friday so I need to kick it up again. It's a dreary, chilly day here today so no bike riding. I think I'll go upstairs and do the glider for a bit while Grampa watches Ethan.

Everyone have a good day. Be good to yourselves.

Well we were literally the only ones for Santa, so they were going to lunch after us. Santa told me to hand Carson to him backward, he said "So he doesn't see me". Clever clever. So then girls in reindeer outfits are dancing around trying to get him to smile and he's staring at them with an O mouth like "What the heck". Russell finally got him to squeal, which we are passing off as a smile! Bought it on USB.. got back to work, NO PIC!! UGH. So I ran back down there, luckily his pic was still pulled up, they just got back from lunch.. so they put it on. Girl said they are having the hardest time with the USB's... so check them before you pass them to people!! JEESH.

Anyway, here we are...

post-216201-13813138909478_thumb.jpg

Oh mom told me her horror stories with Santa, so she said she's not coming lol.

My brother the first time she took him, line was so long, by time they got there his diaper leaked all over--she didn't notice, and left a big spot on Santa's lap.

The next year, Santa only had 1 leg, so they tucked his pants into the boot. No one noticed, my mom accidentally knocked it over putting my bro on his lap, so the picture has Santa with only 1 leg and the boot laying on the ground LOL.

Laura, too cute with Santa!! His hair looks pretty red in that picture, is that a true color?

I have been doing stuff all day today, not fun, not unfun either, just stuff that takes up time.

((((Judy and Pamela))))

Great pic, Laura! What funny Santa stories!!

What a day! I've been cleaning like a fiend (& dh has actually helped as well... must be a Thanksgiving miracle, lol!)... but we'll be all set for decorating over the weekend, that's for sure!

I opened the hall closet just now and it was exactly like Fred Flintstone's closet... stuff came tumbling out all over... so I just tore it all apart, threw out a ton of stuff, "found" a bunch of items I forgot we even had!, and organized the rest. Huge dust bunnies were floating in the air... it was so bad that it was funny!

I finished the Kthy Griffin book... it was ok... after awhile the stories started sounding a bit repetitive, but the boys were watching both football AND the MLS finals last night, so I was relegated to my room so I just finished it. She's wacky, that's for sure!

Ok... off to chillax and then bed... more cleaning AND TG grocery shopping tomorrow -- oh joy!

Peace, girlies!

Hi ladies!!

I am sorry that you (Judy & Pamela) are having such a rough time right now.

I say prayers every day for the violets -- even when I am not posting, I am reading....

I am pretty busy with my Target & Curves jobs, but off from both tomorrow and going to visit with a friend going through chemo. This is her good week, so we will meet for lunch and chat for hours!! Gets her out of the house and gives me an excuse to eat out!!

The county DSS called on Friday and asked me to temporarily take a 17 year old with a tendancy to sneak out of the house. I had to say no -- I wouldn't have gotten any sleep with worrying that she would get out and with my Target job - leaving at 3am, not a good fit. Come on guys, that's the first assignment you want to give me?? Can't we start a little easier??

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving visiting with family and friends!!

Suz