Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Judy, what 4 day getaway. I don't skim posts...but I missed something. Where ever it is...have funfunfun!

Good evening!!

Hope you have a great relaxing time Judy!!

Did anyone read The Road or going to see the movie? I read the book, and oh my gosh is all I have to say!

I am going to do nothing tomorrow!!!

We are heading up to Mackinaw City for 4 days. Just need to get away from Alpena and the church. The choir doesn't sing this Sunday so I'm not needed. Bob isn't preaching anywhere so he's not needed. And by coincidence... we both need each other!! Works out well.

Will take my laptop so I can keep in touch.

Janie.. I messaged you in Facebook. Are you able to get in there yet?

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up and getting ready to head out for our getaway. It's a dreary, rainy day, but I get some pool time today and that makes me happy!!

I can't wait to get away from here even for just a little while. Wish I could take my doggies with me, but Joe will take good care of them while we are gone.

PamELa, I have the original Kindle and love it. I see on Facebook that you purchased yours. We're taking ours this weekend. I finished By Reason of Insanity.. a freebie on Kindle and am now reading James Patterson's I, Alex. I'm anxious to hear how you like yours.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We did for sure. Just wish I had some turkey left overs. We have the carcass in the freezer so when we get back home I can start making some turkey Soup.

Everyone have a great day. I'll message when we get to the hotel and get the laptop set up. Ta Ta for now.

I get mine tomorrow and can't wait! did some research last night and could not resist! pricey but should be a fun gadget!

Happy Leftovers Day!

Whew! Still have a house full... did the full-on huge lox/bagels/cream cheese & all the fixins Breakfast and by the time that was cleaned up it was time for lunch -- open-faced hot turkey sandwiches w/all the fixins... I've got the crocker full of veggie beef Soup but no one's hungry yet... finally!!

It's been a nice time w/dh's family.

Everyone leaves tomorrow and then I'll re-clean the house & start thinking Christmas. Oh, and getting back on the wagon. Oh my.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend... I keep thinking that today is Saturday!

Smooches!

PamELa.. no question about what your first Kindle book should be....

GOING ROOOUUUUUUGE of course!!:thumbup::lol::biggrin:

We're in our hotel room. It was 45 degrees when we got in... IN the room. I cranked it up to 80 and now after 5 hours it's up to 65. We have a room on the 3rd floor with two outside walls and a view of the lake and the bridge.. great room,but darn chilly!

Bob and I split a whitefish dinner and we couldn't finish it. I'm going to change and head to the pool and hot tub and then get back in time to watch Monk and read a bit on the Kindle. Bob got a free download program that turns his computer into an ebook reader. It's called Kindle for the PC. All the books he has on his Kindle are readable on his laptop. So now we can share the Kindle even easier.

Off to swim and soak. Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

Edited by Teachlady

Laura, I don't get it...am I supposed to???

Michelle, mmmm hot turkey sands! Just had a plate of leftovers and for some reason it was nicer since it took me all of 5 min. to plate it up!

We stayed home and watched "earth" (omg, what a beautiful movie) and wizard of oz on blue ray. Then about 3pm, we threw on sweats and went to the recycling center, then over to jenny's house to see the painting job (just moved in last weekend) and then to nikki's house (she also just moved it). It was nice to get out and get some air. Now, home...leftovers...and tv!

Getting the Kindle tomorrow. I need to finish the Help so I can start a new book...can't wait!

Anyone reading anything great for me to consider. I am pretty picky reader...but love suggestions!

I hope everyone is enjoying this nice weekend! Judy, I hope it warms up...or maybe you can just stay under the covers.:thumbup: And I won't give that stupid bitch Palin one red cent to her to run in 2012...but your post made me giggle!

xoxooxxo

Hey...

i am so pissed. The link below takes you to the article we wrote up on the structural racism meeting we had in Oct. The article just came out today on it, and these idiots online are proving that bigotry is alive and well. Just cause we have a black president doesn't mean racism is gone.

Check it out if you want...freakin idiots!

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20091127/COLUMNS26/911270305/1088/%E2%80%98Structural-racism-must-not-be-allowed-anymore