Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

So, one of my friends on Facebook made a crack about how global warming is fake. OMG? I don't know if she's serious or not and I don't know if I should comment or not. She is a bright, intelligent woman and I'm not sure why she is saying this.

Haydee, ignorance is bliss...don't fight it, tell her to get educated before she makes such comments if you really care :tongue2:

Off to another day...blah! Don't have fun w/o me...Jane, that sucks about the ins...any options? Maybe talk to Tracy. hugs sister! xoxoxo

everyone have a great hump day!

omg, this book is SOOOO good...i love the story and don't want it to end...ever! I like how Wally Lamb writes, She's Come Undone was an awesome read too!

aaaahhh, I'm having a nice hot hot chocolate this morning. Sun is shining, it's not too too cold. Making turkey flautas for dinner tonight, it's gonna be an awesome day.

OH! I gotta show ya'll my save the dates! Let me see if I can get them on here...

Yes! Surprise us, Haydee! :tongue2:

Is it Weds already... zip zip... the weeks fly by!

Work work work today...

Down another lb... yay! Amazing what following the rules will do, huh?

Everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets..

I asked Bob to let me sleep in this morning and he got up and greeted Ethan when he arrived. I didn't sleep well last night. Tonight is the big church board meeting with the pastor. I sent in my thoughts as did the rest of the staff. Now he will have to defend himself or leave. I'm really, really hoping he'll realize what he's doing to the church and leave. I'll know later this evening. The board meets to go over the staff statements at 7 and then meets with the pastor at 7:30 so he can address the statements.

PamELa.. the neat thing about the Kindle is when you told me about the book, I went on, bought it and it's here ready for me to start reading. I also got a cookbook on the Kindle. People reviewing it said it was difficult to read in the Kindle format, but when they put it on the Kindle for PC, it was fine. I'm going to do that so I can print off any recipes I want.

Jane.. that really sucks about the insurance. And people question why we want to reform the system.

Haydee.. global warming is a fake, eh?? People always say that when they experience cold weather, not realizing that's not what it's about. Think jet streams, trends, arctic melting. Loved the pix of the yorkies..!! Almost as cute as my two little guys..

December 2 and no snow here now. I wonder what Christmas will be like. We are supposed to get up to 45 degrees today.

The Bobster and I put the lights on the tree outside last night. We have a few more strands to put up, plus some garland and bows and then we will have the outside decorated. We're going to move things around in the living room today to get ready to bring the tree in.

Heather....Ayla is more than likely teething. Grady was the same way and I know Carson was too, right Laura? Grady now has 6 teeth and is a happy camper again.... for the time being.

Michelle...Sounds like it will be a very nice Christmas at your house, plus the trip to Mexico..woo hooo.. And GOOD FOR YOU on losing once again!! I ate very well yesterday and am doing great today so far. Yes, following the rules does make a difference! I ordered a couple of exercise DVD's and they should be here in a week or two.

I am going to the jewelry store today to get a Pandora charm for Kris and DDIL. We got Amelia's gift yesterday plus all the gifts for the 16 year old girl.. What fun shopping for her! Kris was with me and she bought half and gave me tips on what to get.

I just have DS Joshua to buy for and then we will be done!!

Off to spike up my hair and get ready for the day. Everyone make it a good one.

Judy - good luck with your meeting tonight. And you make me want a KINDLE so bad!!! I would be so bad though, buying books left and right, LOL. How much is each book??

I have yet to begin my Christmas shopping. Won't be much this year since we are saving for the wedding and saving for the honeymoon. I think we are getting all the kids movie packs. Free movie rental, bag of microwave popcorn, candy, all in a big popcorn bowl with cellophane and a bow.

Kris just called to let me know that Grady is cutting another tooth. That makes 7!!! Her words were.... whennnnnnn will it end!!!

Haydee.. most of the Kindle books are $9.99, but some, like the cookbook I just got, are free. Really!!

Judy, I want to see a pic of you w/the spiky hair! (and don't say there's one on Facecrack!) Fingers crossed for the church meeting tonight!

1/2 way through my work & I'm cross-eyed checking all these corrections & Tables of Contents! Ack!

The yorkies were adorable :0)

Judy, I can't wait to hear the drama unfold on the pastor. I hope all ends up for the best . . . which it inevitably will but it is all a matter of timing.

I took Ayla to the doctors yesterday for her six month check up and to see if she has any inkling what her problem is . . . and the doctor says she is perfect Healthwise and is probably teething. I guess the consensus is in . . . I just have to suck it up and live through it.

On a side note, I put Ayla in bed last night and she kept crying. When I went into check up on her she would immediately smile and wave like she is excited. I also noticed that her eyes were completely tear free and her face is the normal color (she is very pale like me and will get really red and blotchy for a long time if she is upset). Anyway, I think she is just complaining, not crying. If she is "fake" crying at 6 months, I am not sure how well this bodes for the teenage years, lol.

I just so happen to be reading a Wally Lamb book right now called I Know This Much Is True about two identical twin boys where one has schizophrenia and one doesn't. The story is great, the characters are interesting and I find it to be a really enjoyable read. I have also read She's Come Undone and it was also an interesting read. I really like Wally's style.

Good afternoon, Violets...

Homemade turkey rice Soup is cooking on the stove. We need something soothing for this evening. Bob lost his cell phone today. He just got it a few months ago and is a really nice one.. but... it's gone. We looked everywhere. The last place he used it was in the car to call me, but it is not in there. I've made 20 calls to his phone hoping we would hear it somewhere, but no luck. Soooo he had to go from a phone with all the bells and whistles to my old one that has just about nothing on it. It's definitely a mystery.

Michelle, as for the picture of my new hairdo... just imagine an old porcupine.. that'd be me. It is totally different than anything I have every had before, but I love it and I've had a few compliments. That's always a good sign. I'll try and get a pic and post it.

Ethan is napping on the couch. He broke one of my knick knacks from the mantel when he wouldn't listen to Grampa telling him to wait to get the Wii remote. He knocked over my cut out Family and Friends thingy and it broke into three places and I'm disappointed. He got yelled at by Grampa and I told him it was time out on the couch. He zonked out and is still sleeping.

Off to check on the soup and keep my eyes open for the missing phone.

I guess I'll keep my mouth shut on my thoughts about how Global Warming is just a way for politicians to control folks...

And Haydee, your friend probably said something since this came out yesterday:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,578486,00.html

The director of the embattled Climatic Research Unit in the United Kingdom is stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change.

Anywho, having a good day.. nothing happening, which makes it good. Customers calling, but everything is easy. No crazy rushes and pulling my hair out..

Hope ya'll are havin a good one too!

Edited by FairyFacade

Heather- Carson fake cries all the time. I go "YOU'RE JUST FOOLIN' MOMMY!" He will go from big smile to bawling (tear-free) to a big smile, if he gets what he wants (generally, it's me NOT walking out of the room).. Or my mom, he nows puts on a big stink if my mom comes to see him then leaves.

He's definitely getting into the spoiled times..

But teething, he was a fussy boy then the week before he was miserable, keeping me up all hours of the night with no relief.. and then bam, tooth came through and he was back to his normal able-to-handle fussiness.

He has both bottom teeth now!