Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Friday Morn, Vi's~~

Had a good day yesterday... met a friend for coffee in the a.m., did some Xmas shopping, then my Mom came up for ds's concert & spent the night.

The concert was AMAZING! I can hardly express my pride for ds for this accomplishment... from back in September @ 14 when he walked into a room full of adult, experienced jazz musicians, sat down, took out his sax, and played with them... that he was good enough that they kept him in the group... everything he has learned from them, the stories they tell, the life lessons he's learned as well... to last night, when he solo'd in front of a packed crowd and did great -- and then at the end of the piece the leader called him up front and introduced him & his age, and spoke such kind words about him and his talent... wow... my heart bursts in happiness for him...

As I type this, I'm sitting @ the car dealership getting an oil change... I'm the worst @ car maintenance... I think I'm 6,000 miles overdue!... so here I am. I'm balancing my laptop on, well, my lap... awkward, but it'll do.

My Christmas tree arrived yesterday! But the box is too heavy, so DH & I will do the "re-arrange the family room / set up the tree" dance this eve... can't wait to see it in action! There's a switch to flip the lights between white/multi/both... Then we'll watch holiday shows & deck the halls this weekend... coco and cookies... & then it'll really start feeling like the holidays!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Gutten Morgen Violetas~

Well...the last day of training. I did grab a puter to do some plannin yesterday, but none of the violets were talking.:w00t: Hopefully I can pop in today to!

Judy, hope you enjoyed the peace of the morning. I didn't read last night and can't wait to get back to it!

Michelle, I must be pms'ing or something because I started to cry reading about your ds. We are all proud of him! I also started crying at this pink song I posted on fb too...must be that time...because I don't have a period, I have no idea when it is supposed to arrive!

Sus will probably be home on Sunday. She talked about coming back sat, but I think Sunday is the day. I hope it is Sunday so I can relax and shop and get some stuff done w/o her. I miss her, but would love a Sat to myself. I have a buttload of papers to grade this weekend...boohiss...but the $ is good!

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

Good morning!!

Tracy, sounds like you have got a lot on your plate, hang in there and it will be better and better by the day!!!

I need to get to work, not very motivated today!!

Have a good one and enjoy the weekend!!!!!!!!

My SAVE the DATES are innnnnnnnnnnn!! YES!

I've been working on getting my list together and then issues with the linens. I might end up renting them instead of buying all the fabric to make them...

My best friend is having so many issues right now. Last month she found out that her long time boyfriend fathered a child with another girl. And then to top it off her parents have been having marital issues and her dad left for a short vacation and is not talking about not coming back. She is seriously hanging on by a thread. Just trying to be strong for her right now. Then another one of my best friends and her husband bought a bar/lounge place and they had their grand opening scheduled for tonight and it just so happens that the whole friking city is gonna be shut down because we are getting some flurries. We are not used to this phenomenon so people dont know how to drive in it and tons of accidents so the city just shuts roads and overpassed down to be safe. But UGH, hope there is still a good turn out for tonight. They sunk alot of money expecting a big turnout. Pray for her! Pray for both of them!

Pam - love love love that Pink song. It's on my IPOD and like to sing along to it when it comes on. Your post from yesterday made me crack up. I can't believe she was treating ya'll like little kids! I would have just closed my book and starred at the wall or something, LOL.

Judy - love your do! We are getting flurries here today! It's gonna look like Michigan! NOT! he he he... I can count on one hand the times we've gotten snow here in Houston so everyone is going crazy and all excited. SCHOOLS WERE CLOSED and ROADS ARE BEING CLOSED! It's hilarious! I wish I could take a pic of it but it's just light light flurries that melt as they are coming down.

Michelle - awww, my heart swells when you talk about your kiddos. Such a proud mama. We're all proud of him too. Like if we did any of the parenting, LOL. Oh well, we will take credit from the fact that you come on here to vent with us and that allows you to be a better, more supportive mama to them. So that's how we contribute, LOL!

Heather - poor Ayla! There was something that Laura was using on Carson when he was teething oh so bad. Or was it for colic? Gah, I don't remember now. Ask her... I think Judy's Kris was using it too?

Laura - We need chomper pics! Tell my boyfriend to smile big and show all his teeth and snap a pic! How's your Christmas shopping coming along? Are you taking him with you when you go?

Jane - so glad to hear that you had a busy day at work yesterday! Hopefully things pick up for you more and more...

Tracy - Prayers are with you and Robbie! I'm glad that you are getting him help with this. How are you doing so far? You sound so happy! Have you filed for divorce yet?

I'm emotional today, too, Pam. I dunno why. Not sad... more of just sensitive, feeling things deeply. I was listening to the local, annual "Christmas Cash for Kids" drive on the local news radio station as I was driving around this morning (it's been going on all week) and I burst into tears at one of the stories of a guy who's unemployed & can't make ends meet who donated his last $1 earlier in the week... it was so touching... I'd pledged earlier in the week & stopped by the station to drop it off and it's just so amazing the energy of so many folks coming together to help kids. Cue the waterworks!

I'm home now, working on a few things... dh took a sick day today and I didn't know why 'til about 20 mins ago... the World Cup Draw is today! 3-hour hoop-la & he's glued to the set. Have I ever mentioned how soccer-crazy my guys are? :wink2:

Good evening, Violets..

Ethan's mom just picked him up so finally some peace and quiet for a couple of hours until I go for dress rehearsal at 7. I love that little boy, but 5 days a week is a lot to ask of an old lady!!

Have to be home tonight in time to see the finale of Monk.

NOTHING on the agenda for tomorrow!! I can't believe it!!

Michelle... kudos to your son for his obvious talent. That's pretty impressive for him to be in a group with adults and pros!!

Heather.. Kris uses Ambusol and tylenol for Grady when he teeths. He now has 8 teeth!!!! I told Kris he'll be eating corn on the cob this summer.

Off to eat supper and then head to rehearsal. Everyone have a good evening..

Good evening, Violets..

Back from rehearsal and now waiting to watch the big finale of Monk. Love that show!

Everything is quiet here and I'm enjoying my solitude. Going to read a bit on the laptop while I watch Monk.. Multi-tasking is my middle name. (I'm watching the Detroit Pistons game too).

I always wondered what your middle name was, Judy! :wink2:

My father was a professional musician by night & a HS band & orchestra director by day. My sister is an elementary school music teacher & singer... I played violin from age 3 - college... so yeah, musical talent runs in our family! So glad ds has found his musical passion.

My tree arrived today! The boys put it together, and now I have to "bend & fluff" the branches. I've been bending & fluffing for 45 mins already and I'm on only the 2nd round of branches! Phew! Am going to take a break & resume in the morning.

Sweet dreams, everyone!

Good Morning!!

I am sooo bad at multi tasking!! I always forget what I was doing. If I am doing a foil at work and have to answer the phone, I have to tell the customer to remember either blonde or brown because I can't!

Boy my nose is running!!!!!! I am not sick, just really bad allergies today!!

Oh Ju-dy... I've found your missing snow... it must've lost its way to MI and ended up HERE -- on my doorstep! Please come and retrieve it asap... it is not supposed to be here so early in the season! :wink2:

Hey girls~

Susanne is coming home today. I am happy...I woke up early to run to wallyworld. getting pedi at 9! Have a great day...and for pete's sake...stay warm!

xoxo

Good morning, Violets...

Sorry Michelle, but you can have the snow.. at least until Christmas Eve, then I must have at least a dusting. None here at all. It's 25 degrees here right now.

I slept in till 9:30.. had a coughing jag last night so I took a Mucinex this morning and of course it got caught in my throat. I pb'd the juice I took with the pill, but the pill stayed down, thank goodness.

NOTHING, repeat , NOTHING on the agenda today!!! First time in a long time and starting tomorrow the rush starts, so I'm going to enjoy as much as I can today.

Everyone have a great day... be good to yourselves. I'll check in later to make sure you're all still behaving..:wink2:

Haydee..... NOW you can talk about being cold!! Welcome to my world!!!

Don't get me wrong... I love snow... in its place -- like Michigan & Alaska, lol! I love it on a day when I don't have to go anywhere... but today I had to take ds to his indoor soccer game (they won 7-0) and dd to riding & back... + stop at the grocery store where everyone was doing the "Bread! Milk! Toilet Paper!" snow freak-out. If I'm getting snowed in (which we're not), then I want the good stuff--shrimp! brie! brownies!--not BMTP! :w00t:

Hope everyone had a good day! A pedi sounds devine!