Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey girlies...

Quick post... the electricity was off from 6am 'til about 11am... weird... we all got ready w/flashlights!

DD's concert last night was lovely. She was in 3 of the 4 ensembles that performed: jazz band, 6th grade band, & chorus. What a ham -- just like her ol' mom!

Am very discombobulated... have too many things to do that are all over the map... our tree is up but not even decorated yet... hope to do that this eve w/dd...

DS & I leave tomorrow morning for NC... won't be back 'til late Sunday eve... am taking the laptop, tho (ds has to write a paper), so will try to check in from the hotel. Think of me sitting all bundled up watching soccer games on Sat & Sun!

I'm hoping that I'll mail out my ss gift on Monday.

Everyone have a fun, festive, safe weekend. Count your blessings.

Good afternoon, Violets..

We are getting snow showers.. sometimes heavy today. I got some pretty pictures of poppa cardinal against the white snow and posted them on Facebook.

I got my SS gift in the mail today. It went Parcel Post and they promised it would be there by Christmas. Got my fingers crossed!!

The Bobster got all the fixin's for chili tonight. Ethan will be here till 5 and then I'll put everything in the pressure cooker and it will be done by 6 at the latest. Love my pressure cooker!!

Tomorrow is the church ladies Christmas luncheon and then we are going out with the kids for supper. Bob has his meeting with the new church to hammer out details of hours and salary. wooo hoooooo!!

Off to check out Facebook and play a little Bejeweled.

Hello Everyone,

I got my fill and it is working better. I feel like I got a band again but am not quite at my sweet spot. I definitely get stuck if I eat too fast or the wrong thing. It slows down the flow but I can still get anything in if I go slow enough. I think I will need another tweak in two weeks and should hopefully be good.

On a positive note, I gained 10 pounds between fill 1 and 2 (which included Halloween, Thanksgiving and a voracious appetite) but lost 3.5 between 2 and 3. I have 6.5 pounds to lose to get back to the start point . . . it could have been worse, right???

What scares me is that if I can gain 10 pounds in one bad month . . . it wouldnt take too many months to put me back to the obese range. Staying in goal range is really fragile . . . without a working band it is virtually impossible for me to maintain.

By the way, I am in the clinical trial management industry providing software and services to support drugs and medical device trials on the road to FDA approval.

Good evening, Violets..

It was a good day today. Ethan left at 3:30 and Bob and I got to go out and get a few things and then we drove around and looked at Christmas decorations.

The chili was excellent! We're going out in a little bit to get some Christmas stockings for the kids. Every year they each get a candy cane stick, a pez dispenser, a life saver book and the guys get Christmas boxer shorts. It's tradition.... We always get the next year's stuff when it's on sale the end of the season and just stash it in the Christmas closet.

I have to get all the downstate grandkids gifts wrapped and ready to send home with Joshua when he leaves on Monday. Then the out of town Christmas will be taken care of.

Heather.... I read your post about what you do and I confess, I still don't know what you do, but I'm sure you do it well.:eek: Glad your band and the fill are working for you. Can you imagine what we'd be like without it????? Any teeth for Ayla yet??

Michelle.. have a safe trip.. check in when you can!

PamELa... tomorrow is Friday!!!!! When do you get out for Christmas vacation??

Laura.... you're awfully quiet... busy time at work??

Jane... CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??

Suzyt.. hope you had a better day today.

Haydee.... how's dad doing today??

Off to Walmart... Everyone have a great evening.. sleep well!

Good evening!!

Hearing still kind of bad, maybe need a hearing aid?

I am going to sleep so good tonight!!

I hope no news from Haydee is good news!!!!!!!!!

Love the pic of Carson on facebook!!!!!!!

Good Morning!

It's cold cold cold here... 19 or something crazy like that! They're calling for snow/sleet/freezing rain on Sunday -- ack! -- it's a 6-hr drive on a sunny, warm day... I'll be a wreck if it's nasty weather. I am nervous about that... so I just try not to think about it... what will be, will be.

Everyone have a great weekend & I'll check in from NC if there's wi-fi!

Morning girls~

Judy, I don't know how...but I caught your cough all the way over here. Have this dry tickle thang...maybe a few margies will cure it!

Michelle, drive carefully! I hate (and really shouldn't) drive in bad weather...ESPECIALLY SNOW.

Getting ready for the party tonight. I made a great playlist, we are having terriaki chix, egg rolls, meatballs, moz sticks, chips and salsa, pot sal! And cocktails! Should be fun! Wish my violets could be here.

Haydee...check in w/ us and give us an update.

Pop in from work!

xoxoxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

8 degrees here right now.. brrrrrrrr. But no new snow and schools are in session. We have our church ladies luncheon at 11:30 today and then I hope to get to a basketball game where one of my former colleague's daughter is playing. All depends on if Bob can get home from his meeting to watch Ethan when he arrives at 1:30. Bob will be working out the details of the contract with the new church. He's excited for this new beginning. It allows him to preach, which he LOVES, and to keep busy and not worry so much about the Alpena church.

Josh got to Kris's around midnight last night. They had a blizzard in Kalamazoo so it took him several hours longers than anticipated. He and Nathan will be out in the woods today hunting deer. I really can't imagine Josh shooting anything, but we'll see.

Off to get ready for the luncheon and clean up a little bit in the house. I got all the Christmas gifts wrapped for Josh's family so he can take them back with him.

Everyone have a great day!!! Take care of that cough, PamELa. I still have mine, but it gets better each day.

Hi girls! Sorry I didn't check in but my phone ran out of battery while we were in the hospital yesterday and I had forgotten my charger. They released my dad last night and we brought him home finally. They had told us around 9am that they were going to release him soon and it didn't happen until close to 5pm. Grrrrrr....

But he's doing fine. Being doted on by all his girls. We are giving him lots of attention right now. My mom is with him right now because we all had to go back to work and school but I will leave here in a little while and go stay with him while she goes in to work for a bit.

He's not allowed to move his left arm too much and definetly not above shoulder level so we are having to watch him like a hawk. He's very impatient and fidgety so he can't lay still for long periods of time. He doesn't like watching TV or doing quiet stuff. He would rather be outside digging or doing something active. Sooo it's hard. It's like entertaining a 2 yr old, LOL.

Thanks again for all your prayers and good thoughts.

I'll be back in the catch up with ya'll in a bit...

I had a horrible night last night.

I had a tire blowout while going 65+ on a huge bridge in the middle of nowhere coming back from class. It was 14 degrees with a little snow, extremely windy and windchill brought it below 0.

Worse yet, my cell phone battery was dead. I sat for 40 minutes before a police car stopped to give me a hand. I then called triple AAA and waited for more than an hour for a tow truck to come an help me eventhough the bridge was only two lanes wide and every huge semi passing by rattled the entire car. I was actually scared sitting up on that dark bridge in the cold without a working phone. Not only did my car shake with the passing semi's, I could actually feel the bridge moving a little with the wind and traffic.

Anyway, I tried to attach a picture of the bridge . . . I hope it worked.

271 North Bridge.bmp

I forgot to mention the truly worst part of it . . . I had to pee like you wouldn't believe. What was I supposed to do, hang my but off the bridge, lol. In all honesty I would have been too scared to leave my car and walk between passing semi's and the small wall to the right in the dark snowy night.

Have you ever been stuck in a car for 2 hours having to pee soo bad it hurts??

That sounds horrible Heather, I would have freaked out, I hate driving over bridges, I couldn't have handled being stuck on one!!! Good thing you didn't spin out from the tire!!

Yes, busy at work.. good thing, I gotta get my numbers up at the end of the year, all year my numbers have been down from last year. Boo.

And see as I type this, Carson just woke up so now I can't post. Real quick though, if any of you order Gap online, I have a coupon I can't use.. it's 20% off the order, BZ38BFKYCDH8.

OMG heather...I would've freaked out. First of all, I would have dropped "trou" and peed...as long as it was safe, who cares who sees my butt. I can't stand that BLADDER IS GONNA BURST NOW feeling. Second of all, I would have been crying like Ayla...like for real. She wasn't with you was she? Third of all, I am sooo glad you are on the other side of this of this terrible story.

Laura...miss you girlie.

off to give a spelling test