Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning!!

Pamela, my sister lived in San Francisco for a brief stint, I went to surprise her for her 40th birthday September 1, 2000. I landed in San Jose and drove to their house. Well it was raining, not hard AT ALL! But that was all I heard about on the radio. How it had been 104 years since it rained on Sept 1! When I got to my sisters she said that people at work kept looking out the window like we would if it snowed! Different world, I so know what you are talking about!!

Thats the way uhuh I like it uhuh.

Glad to hear part of the problem with your husband is taken care of, he seems to be on the road for getting it fixed for good!!

Oh yeah, my cell phone is dead as a doornail... I'm hoping Santa brings me a new one... so it's a no-go on the texts for me for awhile... e-mail is the bestest way to reach me via technology!

I wish I could jet out to your party & be an honorary lesbian again for the weekend... but most likely I'll be driving to NC for a soccer tournament weekend! DH was going to do it, but w/his back he doesn't think he'll be able to sit still + drive that long... so it'll be me & ds in NC (ugh, I hate being the only driver for that drive... it's like 5-6 hours!) & dh & dd will stay here as dd has a jumper show on Sunday. Confusing, I know. Welcome to my life.

Still waiting for the vet... she has 4 minutes to make it in her "window" of time... lol... like I won't answer the door if she shows up @ 11:10!

Haydee, your weekend sounds perfect! It would *never* have occurred to me to put a mattress in the living room! You sneaky girl!

me too pam! wish i could come, sounds wonderful and fun!

michelle - i actually learned the trick from my little sister. when she had friends sleep over she would pull the mattress off her bed and drag it into the game room so that way all the girls had somewhere to lay. some on the couches and some on the bed. I thought about it Friday when I came home and the house was chilly. I wanted to lay in bed but also be in front of the fireplace, so we did both! he he he...

Did ya'll hear about those party crashers at the white house. That's so scary that they were able to just waltz on in... Just catching up on stuff today, this is old news... but yeah, scary...

We've done that w/ the fouton in her apt., and the blow up mattress at our house...talked about it last week! I love it too...lay and watch tv and cuddle. It is raining here...just in case you were wondering. I can't wait to get home at 2:30 and make spaghetti and cuddle w/ my sweetheart. I only have 6 papers to grade, some tv to watch and some kindle to attend to.

i love my kids and did an awesome lesson this morning...off the cuff too, nothing planned. they missed me too!

Going for a fill today.... yayayaya.

Mom stayed home from work to watch Carson for us. I've been able to get so much work and phone calls handled.

Yay, Laura!

OMG, Haydee -- living here, that is ALL we've heard about for the past 2 weeks! Well, that + the Tiger fiasco. Wow, talk about a double life!

Sounds like you've got the perfect rainy afternoon planned, Pam!

The vet still hasn't shown. Hmmm...

Yeah Laura...I got a good fill Wed. Can't eat much...yet still fight to get it in? HHMMM? Wonder why?

Michelle, you are nicer than I am. I get way butt hurt when people don't adhere to their "window" of arrival. As if I've got nuttin' to do.

OK...off like a prom dress!

i'm the same way with my fills. can't eat much but will nibble nibble nibble until i'm in pain. for lunch i got a small pack of chicken nuggets from chick fila. i've been eating one every 10 min or so. well on my fourth one i guess i didnt chew well enough and now it's stuck and i have big time hiccups and i keep walking around flailing my arms in the air but it's not going up or down... aaaahhh, it hurts...

I have a funny pb story. I was at Wally world on sat w/ Sus. We were going to see the new movie Brothers (omg, that was sooo good) and grabbed a bite at mcdonalds. I got the crispy chick sand. and a fork and knife. I cut little bites (absolutely no bread) and was going to share Sus's fries. I got stuck on bite #2, and omg...it was NOT GONNA BE STICKIN' AROUND. I went outside to pb (can not do it in the toilet) and it was freezing and windy. I had to walk sooo far, to the side of the building. My mouth was full of slime...did not dare swallow it (that makes it worse for me)...I get to the side of the building and ppl are there...I face the corner of the building...and pb and slime and it is blowing in the wind...like a long string (really long). I go back in and give the chicken breast to Sus...take a sip of the shared diet coke, and told her to bring my purse when she finished...I was full blown puking in the Wally World parking lot. There are these parking islands w/ flowers growing and palm trees...I was hurling! LOL, we only have one Wally world and I was so scared I was gonna know someone...lol...pretty bad. Today I ate a salad, baked chips and I am starving now...I don't get it, but I am! Not head hunger...full on low blood sugar hunger and my stomach is growling.

Yeah, bands are weird sometimes. It depends on your mood, the weather patterns, your global positioning, LOL. So many factors... I can't PB. It won't come back up. It just sits on my chest and I just drool and drool and drool. Buckets of drool...

Good evening!!

I hope this finds all doing well.

I have got my early meeting tomorrow.

May not post in am if I don't get up early enough!!

Have a good one!

Morning Girls~

Drive by post...pop in from work...our mountain looks amazing! I'll try to take a pic later!

Good morning, Violets..

I got to sleep in late because Ethan doesn't arrive until 1:30 this afternoon. Time for me to get some things done this morning. All reports say a big storm is headed our way today through Thursday. We're supposed to get 8-12 inches of the white stuff. I don't mind cause I don't have to worry about driving to work in it, but choir rehearsal is Wednesday and we only have 2 more rehearsals before our pageant on the 20th. Oh well..that's life in northern Michigan. It's 20 degrees right now.

Had to take our Yorkie Kirby to the vet yesterday. Sunday when I let all the dogs out Jetta the huge dog ran into him and he slipped in the snow on the deck and after that he hopped on three legs. No yipping like he was in pain, he just wouldn't walk on that leg. Bob took him to the vet yesterday while I was doing my hospital shift. Vet took x-rays and said he has severe arthritis in his hip. She gave us some pain meds to give him for 5 days. If the meds don't help him, we're looking at hip surgery... oh joy. Well, today he's walking on the leg so I have my fingers crossed. The vet also said to help the pain he needs to be exercised more and fed less... hmmmmmmmmm now why does that sound familiar???

I haven't had a fill in a year now and I still pb when I eat too fast or too much. At least I know my band is still there working. We've had Soup for the last couple of days for meals. Tonight I'm fixing pineapple glazed ribs in the pressure cooker. Very yummy.

Off to get some Breakfast and get dressed for the day. Everyone make it a good one! BBL...

Good Morning!!

No snow here! It is all going North!

My band is working, I have just come to the conclusion that I am not! I need a new attitude!!

Whoever is my Secret Santa, that is what I want, plus a can of motivation wouldn't hurt!!!

I still have Judys 'Believe' sign hanging year round in my office.

Hey there, hi there, ho there...

We're supposed to get an ice "event" tonight thru tomorrow... so am rushing around trying to do my today AND tomorrow errands all today, because I'm not going out in ice!

"Bread! Milk! Toilet paper!"

Pam, you paint such a detailed picture, it's as if I were there, walking into Wal-Mart wondering if the homeless woman puking into the palm tree would be ok... you have the most dramatic pb's, hands down!!

& Haydee, loved your explanation of band variables -- too true!

Judy, there's an invention for you: canine lap bands!! :thumbup: Thanks for giving me an idea on what to make for dinner tonight!!

Hi Janie! If they have motivation @ the North Pole, then yeah, I'd like some, too!! Hear that, Santa??

Off to run errands... everyone laugh today!