Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

((Pamela)) There are no words... I just send you my love, dear friend.

TRACYinKS!!~~ or now, simply Tracy, our #1 truly wonderful Violet Tracy... welcome home, darling! We've been waiting... knowing that you would return to the true Vi's when you were ready & able... you've never left our hearts... I too feel the peace in your posts and get the sense that you've been through so much but are on the better side of it all... more balance, peace, time. You're an amazing woman!!

Judy... long sent + only 1 comma... good one! LOL @ the turkey pic!

Laura, I heard that pumpkin shortage report, too! Oh no! I've got about 6 cans in the pantry, but will need about 20 or so more to get through the holiday season (my "official" holiday pumpkin bread baking season begins tomorrow, as the first 3 will be given to the poms coaches @ the banquet on Sunday).

Good morning, Janie & Heather!

Am sitting here @ the kitch table on the laptop waiting for the carpet cleaners to arrive... all the furniture from the family room is crammed into the kitchen w/me as well... + the office contents are in the foyer... the living room contents are in the dining room... get the picture? So my weekend activities should be obvious... deep clean each room and reload them... step 1 for getting ready for our guests next week!

Make it a great day, everyone!!

Good morning, running late, unusual huh?

Thanks Tracy!

Hugs to you Pamela, wish I could make it better with words, but I can't...........

Good afternoon, Violets..

Busy day so far. I was up at 7:20 since Ethan comes at 8. Joe needed a ride to work so I got him at 8:15 and got home at 8:30 with Ethan. Left at 8:50 for Zumba. I wore my bouncy shoes and they were no problem. Zumba was great. I got a good work out for half an hour. They are going to start it up two days a week, but I can't go on Mondays since that is my hospital volunteer shift day. sighhh. Oh well, once a week is fine for me. I was movin' and shakin'. The ladies there seem to love it as much as I do.

Home and fixed lunch. I had sliced deli turkey with swiss cheese melted on it plus a cup of spinach. Blueberries and cream for dessert. Right now I'm really , really tired and will probably snooze on the couch a bit while the Bobster watches Ethan.

Kris is coming over tonight and we'll go out to dinner. Nathan is downstate hunting.

Pretty Fall day here today. 48 degrees. That a veritable heat wave for this time of year! The bobster and I enjoyed :bored: the hot tub last night. It's not bad walking outside when the air temp isn't freeeeeezing!

"The bobster and I enjoyed :) the hot tub last night" :bored:

Carpet cleaners have come & gone... yay!

Am trying to take my food as it comes... make good choices moment by moment... v. my usual approach of "if I eat something BAD, then the rest of the day is a free for all" or the ever-present "well, it's Thanksgiving next week, so why bother to eat properly now?"... I am such a mental case when it comes to food, really! So I'm trying to just make a series of small good decisions, and hope they add up to weight loss. Bleh.

B'fast: yogurt/strawberry Protein smoothie

coffee

Lunch: sautee w/ 4 oz. soy strip chicken w/onions, shrooms, rotel toms, , & broc

Off to stir the sautee!

BAD NEWS/ GOOD NEWS

Bad news: I just ate a hamburger w/ bun from Carls Jr. Took me a half hour and got a bit stuck, but I got it in.

Good news: Just made an appointment for Dec. 2 for A FILL!!!

woohoo!

Good news is Pam, November is almost over for you!!!

I can't believe how quick time is flying. I just ran to BabiesRUs.. had a coupon and needed a couple things (socks.. I swear to everything I've ever known, nobody loses socks likes BABIES). I opened a NEW pack a month ago, and between opening the pack and washing it, I lost 2 socks. Where does it go!! I checked the agitator, nothin. I keep waiting for them to appear, but no.

Anyway, I found some shoes on sale, stretchy leather ones with 2 different monsters on the toes. I guess they're leftover from Halloween but I thought they were cute boy shoes just-so. I don't put shoes on him yet, his feet are fat like mine and don't fit in em. But I hope the stretchy ones will fit alright.

PBing garlic bread from TGIF.. yum.

I just finished making this year's Christmas cards. Prepress has been proofing them for me, some how one of my colors gets lost between my computer & theirs. They're working on it now, can't wait to see the finished product!!

Pammy - big big hugs for you today! And everyday actually. Miss you much. Can't wait till I can hug you again! Oh and kudos on the fill before Thanksgiving! I did mine too so we will both be doing bandster bites this holiday. k?

TRACY! Hi girly! We are all struggling but here together day after day keeping each others chin(s) up, LOL... I'm so glad to hear that you are doing GREAT and that your new job is treating you AWESOME. I feel bad about what Robby is going through but as long as he has his strong mama supporting him he will come out fine in the end. Big hugs to you both!

Laura - post pics of the monster feet please! Can't wait to see them! I heard about the pumpking shortage too. We went to the grocery store late last night to get the case we need for all our pumpkin pies and pumpkin cheesecakes... Glad I was able to get what I needed...

How's your band feeling? I'm also super tight right now but it's what I needed! I was going out of control!

Judy - post a pic of you in your bouncy shoes! I wanna see you in them! Hot tub sounds heavenly after these past few days I've had... What does Nathan hunt?? Juan and my dad are going deer hunting next weekend. I hate deer meat so I hope Juan doesn't come home with anything, LOL.

Michelle - wow, you are just going all out! Carpet cleaning! I wish you could email me one of your yummy baked goods..

Janey - hi hi hi... Hope you are having a great day today!

What a day today has been! And yesterday too! We finally got the invites ordered though! So happy about that... And last night I stayed up late doing laundry and tidying up. My sister is coming to stay at my house this weekend while we are gone at our retreat. I'm so excited and nervous about the Engaged Encounter. I don't know what to expect so hopefully it's fun. We have to be there tonight at 7 and we come home Sunday at 6pm after mass.

Wish me luck girls! Have a great weekend! I have to get home to pack for us.

Hugs and kisses to all!

Good evening, Violets..

Well, another week over. On to the weekend.

I have a funeral at the Episcopal church in the morning. I'm playing flute and singing in the choir. Then to our church for packing Thanksgiving baskets and delivering them to those who need them.

Then I hope to get some walking in.

Ethan was here until 1:30. I crashed on the couch at 1:15 and then went upstairs when he left and slept until 4. Kris came with Grady and we all went out to dinner. I had a 1/2 cup of clam chowder, a whitefish taco and several sweet potato fries. I treated myself to a hot chocolate when I got home. (with Mirilax..woo hooo).

We just finished watching Monk and now I'm headed upstairs to read on the Kindle and then get some sleep. This week has been really stressful at church and the meeting on Sunday just might relieve some of that.

Haydee.. just picture an old lady wearing bouncy shoes.. that'd be me. :thumbup:

Nathan hunts deer. Kris and Nathan like the meat and I like only the sausage. He was raised a hunter and I'm sure Grady will be one too. Kris is called a hunter's widow cause Nathan spends every spare minute hunting during the season. She's left at home with Grady. She will go to Zumba tomorrow morning and then help pack the Thanksgiving baskets. She and a girlfriend are going out for dinner and the Bobster and I are going out for Soup and salad at another couple's home.

Off to read. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

A really sad day here today. My good friend and colleague whom I taught with for 30 years passed away last night of a heart attack. She was in her late 50's and never got to see a day of retirement. Please keep Kathleen in your prayers along with her little kindergarteners who have lost a loving, mother figure. I'm just in shock.

Oh, Judy, I'm so sorry for you! How sad. That is why it's so important to enjoy life as much as possible every day and let the people in your life know that you love them...

I love you, Violets!!!

Don't delay joy! Prioritize people, not things! It's the moments we share and the memories we make and the love we give that counts... not where we live or what we drive or if the house is dusty...

OOO Judy, that is sooo sad. I learned w/ mom that life is short. If you had to die tomorrow...would you be happy? Have regrets? Lived as much as you could? Even if the bucket list is not completed... Kathleen is w/ the angels now, and I am sooo sorry for you loss and the kinder babies...tough lesson too early!

I hate Nov. but was reminded today that life goes on.

I LOVE MY VIOLETS TOO! xoox

Good morning, dear Violets..

Can't post much this morning. I have a headache and a heartache. They have asked Bob to do the funeral. We are going to meet with the family this afternoon.

I love you all and yes... cherish the moments you have.... dance, sing, be kind to one another and love, love, love!