Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Well girlies I'm off too. Leaving for a long weekend with my mom, sisters and a few friends. We are headed to a spa resort in the hill country near San Antonio. Massages, facials, mud baths and mani/pedis. Can't wait! This is my kind of bachlorette blowout, lol! Everyone have a great weekend!

Have a great weekend Haydee, I will stay here and work..................

You have Michelle have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, I hope you have a lovely time at Disney . . . I think you need a little time away for yourself.

Have a lovely day everyone!

I really need to check out Modern Family because I keep hearing about it, lol. I don't even now what it is about so maybe I should just dvr it.

Ayla is getting so big, it is strange but I seem ambivalent about it. I am excited and happy for her to reach each new milestone but at the same time I am sad that I have to let go of the Ayla I know at each prior stage. Babyhood passes way to quickly.

YES DVR Modern Family, it is heeeel-arious.

Michelle & Haydee have fun on your trips! The rest of us folks will hold down the fort and slave away at work.

Babyhood really does pass too quickly, I remember when he started pushing me away.. when for months he would just sleep on my chest, ahh.. then at 6m he got 'independent' like and would push me away and get mad if I tried to cuddle him. Now I cherish those times after I get him to sleep and I'm in the rocker and he lets me hold him to my chest.

Have fun girls~

AHHH Laura, that is sad and sweet...enjoy it now before he starts to smell like a boy!:redface:

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just back from flute rehearsal and got a couple of emails taken care of. We're having lunch now and then will head outside to work in the flower beds and get the plants planted. Keeping my fingers crossed for no nights at 25 degrees.. Doesn't look like it in the forecast.

Laura... it's unbelievable how quickly time flies. There are so many things I can't remember about when my kids were tiny. I remember my first biological son, Josh and I holding hands when we took naps together. Now he's 34 and hasn't held my hand in 32 years!!! sighhhhhhhh But the great part is seeing what a good parent he has become. Same with my son Joe and daughter Kris.

PamELa.. we sigh up for WW tomorrow. What is the monthly cost in your area??? We're looking at $44 a month for unlimited meetings and etools. Pricey, but as Bob says, if it works it will be worth every penny.

Heather.. loved the pics of Ayla on Facebook. Can you believe that she's almost a year old already???? And YES Modern Family is the funniest show on TV. Cam is my hero and Phil is the greatest character!! (she was in a good mood last week, but I cashed it in for something else).. WATCH it if you can!!

Haydee... have a GREAT time this weekend.

Janie... you are every tech support expert's dream! :redface::lol:

Off to finish my lunch and then head outside.

I paid $39 a month for the "monthly pass" w/ the etools. It is worth it, about 10 bucks a week for meeting and etools. I am just skimming now, wont start until Sun or Mond.

Kity, that's great about WW, you probably have a great speaker, and that helps for motivation. I have an older gal who tells too many jokes and asks too many questions, she needs to give us more motivation. One of her jokes, it's okay to pat yourself on the shoulder, even a mosquitto needs a swat. haha

Anyone watch Cougar Town? When she said "If they could make me tiny enough I would live in your blood" to her son..it made me laugh.

Judy, I wonder why the monthly pass is higher there...try doing it online before you go...cuz its 39.95 here too...I also found a couple lap-band "groups" on the WW site...I'll send thm yo you when I find them again....I hope Michelle is having a good time and Haydee too..my daughter is leaving for FL/Tampa area tomorrow, just for 4 days, but I am jealous.....I need a vacation...of course I need a job, so I can afford a vacation!!!!:smile:

Good morning, Violets..

Mae.. online is where I got the price. For our area it's $44 a month. Must be cause we're in Michigan.:smile:

Anyway Kris and I are going this morning and we'll check it out.

Had an egg on toast today and it's sitting right in my throat. I hate that feeling. Yesterday was toast and Peanut Butter and by the time I got to church for my flute rehearsal I had to make a stop at the bathroom first to pb. Lovely.

Ethan is coming this morning sometime when Joe goes to work. He hasn't worked in a couple of weeks and is looking to go to Wyoming for employment. If that happens, then I lose Ethan and that would break my heart, but he has to do what is best for his family. Course that's assuming that Jen will want to leave everything here to move out there. Decisions, decisions.

Hope Michelle is enjoying her time at Disney. I KNOW Haydee is going to enjoy her weekend!!

We're working in the backyard yet again today. It's supposed to get up into the 70's so it will be great planting weather. We got a couple of new deck chairs last night and some more plants for Bob's area in the back and also for the front yard. Time to start on that section.

Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourselves.