Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Ok, under the dryer while my hilites lighten...

So, the vet said the lump is big... if it's poop again, they'd have to go through the whole routine of sedating him, enemas, etc like they did before. I said no, we can't keep putting him thru that every 3-4 months, especially when I'm spending almost $100 a month on meds + special food & fighting to give him the meds 3 x/ day.

Then the vet said that it didn't feel like poop, that it felt more like a tumor. So this is bad news for Mo either way.& for me, having to make the decision. Dh is off biking somewhere.

So... good thoughts, please. I m so worked up about all this, + I m sure the 4 hrs of sleep isn't helping.

Ok, I m cooked. Time to remove the foil!

So sorry about Mo. Kris and Nathan had to put Chloe down after they got back from Hawaii. She wasn't eating and could barely stand up. They discovered she had cancer and it was only a week and she went downhill so fast. I'm afraid you only have one decision and it's a tough one, but one that has to be best for Mo. Perhaps this tumor prompted all the Constipation issues. Hugs to you when you make the decision. Anyone with pets has certainly been there, done that and it's never easy.

And Michelle I am sorry about Mo, I know how hard that kind of decision is :(

You have stuck it out much longer than I think we could have, you've been a good furbaby mommy.

Michelle, I agree with everyone else . . . you have done everything you could for Mo. Whichever decision you make will be the right one I am sure. This has been a really rough year for Mo.

Judy, I take advil liqui-gels, but only rarely and on an empty stomach during the day which is usually followed by two cups of hot tea to make sure it flushes through quickly. That way they can't stay in the pouch for any length of time. My band doctor has given me the OK to do this on a rare occasion (no more than once a week). I occasionally get very bad headaches and Advil is the only thing that works for me (Tylenol is completely inaffective in my system and I don't know why).

Laura, I feel your pain . . . been there and done that several times over the winter with ear infections. It is awful and even after it is over Ayla's sleep is still disrupted because she likes all the additional coddling and playing at night. If she continues to get ear infections I am definitely getting tubes in her ears. This would be a couple of difficult days for her after they are placed . . . but it is far better than the days and days of screaming misery we battle with the ear infections themselves.

Janie, I wish you lived a little closer to me . . . I need some advice on getting a new 'do. I want to go shorter, maybe a bob with some highlights but I have natural curl. I am scared to make a change but want a change. I just don't know what to do.

Ok, home now. LOVE my hair this time, she did exactly what I said... last time must've been a fluke.

Vet called. It's poop! How how how can it be poop?! I've been scooping poop every day or 2 from him. DH was no help at all, although I didn't think he would be. I'm crying and crying as I type this. Poor Mo. We have to put him down/to sleep whatever you say we all know what it means & it SUX!! Like any of us really need this in the tender emotional states that we're already in from this year so far. F%^K! F*(K! F@#K!

So now the decision is... when? Do I go now and do it and when the kids come home tell them? Do I wait for them to come home, ask if they'd like to go to say goodbye to him? Do I bring him home for the weekend & then take him in on Monday? Do I bring him home & wait 'til he's in pain again and then do it? ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! DH actually said to me on the phone "What do you want me to do? I'm on a bike in the middle of Pennsylvania." Well, duh -- I want you to TALK to me and figure this out!

My mom was coming up today anyway, to go to a concert @ my sister's school tonight, so I called her hysterical and she said to wait 'til she comes up, wait 'til the kids come home & ask them if they want to go, and then go & get it over with. I'm thinking that's a good idea. The thought of bringing him home for whatever period of time makes me sadder -- having him be all cute & playful & cuddly & looking @ us w/those big blue eyes and trusting us... only to take him back on Monday? I think I'd be a mess all weekend. & just going & doing it seems mean not to give them a chance to see him if they want to... they just left this a.m. w/out a second glance, as none of us realized where the day would go.

Thank you thank you thank you for letting me vent here today!! I feel like I keep saying that to you all this year. Sorry. I'd love to have only fun, happy stuff to type about... maybe NEXT month? Hope springs eternal.

Michelle... as we who are here all know.. this thread is for the good times AND the bad. You can vent guilt free whenever you want. Your mom's idea sounds the best.. give the kids the opportunity to say good bye and decide if they want to go and then do it. You cannot wait until he is in pain again. That's just not fair to him even though it would keep him with you a little longer. I didn't get Kris a kitten for her birthday just because of what you're going through. Nathan said he just couldn't do it again. He had to take our Carlie in to put her down when we were in Canada two years ago and then Chloe a couple of months ago. Nobody handles this type of decision easily, but you do it out of love. You don't want Mo going through all of the pain and anxiety every few months, not to mention all the the pain and expense for you as well.

HUGS.....to you and Mo and the kids. It's going to be a tough day.

Michelle I just wanted to pip in about letting your kids know... We've had cats our whole life, most of them were outdoor and died by a car hitting them, things like that (such a different time, my cats have all been indoors I can't fathom 'outdoor cats' anymore). Anyway, we also had to put down a cat that kept attacking people. The attacking cat, I got to know about and say my goodbye.. and I'm still torn up about my favorite cat as a child that was runover, I remember mom picking me up from school and telling me and how horrible I felt that I didn't get to give her one last hug. my 2 cents is to let them know so they can give Mo one last big hug. It's not like they are little kids that don't understand, they're old enough to understand saying goodbye, especially with what's gone on lately for you guys. Rough year indeed, you're in my thoughts!!

Oh michelle! I can't even imagine what you are going through. Just want to give you and mo a big ol hug. Our purpose here is to always support one another through whatever we are going through. Don't apologize for needing to vent. Sending you love and strength during this rough time. And to your husband? He gets a :(

I just googled Judy, I never realized Aleve was an NSAID! I've *never* had problems taking it, and I didn't realize it was an NSAID and taken my extra precautions that I do with Advil.

Advil and Rx NSAIDS are the only ones that I've ever had a problem if I didn't make sure to flush it down.

Michelle~ ooo sweetie, can't stand that you have to go through with this today. I've done it twice, and each time I was surprised by how I felt relieved after...they were both in big pain. I was very sad but glad it was over for them. I like what Laura said! Sending you lovelovelove "purple style". hugs xoxoox

Michelle, so sorry to hear about Mo! When I am at work I am out of the loop that is why I sent you a text that asked how is mo, now I feel like a heel!! I think sometimes just the act of writing it out is cathartic. Don't ever feel bad!!!

we had to puy our little yorkie to sleep afew years ago. it hurt so much but the vet said it was the last good thing we could do for her. she had cancer.

We have two yorkies. Love them to pieces..

I just googled Judy, I never realized Aleve was an NSAID! I've *never* had problems taking it, and I didn't realize it was an NSAID and taken my extra precautions that I do with Advil.

Advil and Rx NSAIDS are the only ones that I've ever had a problem if I didn't make sure to flush it down.

Aleve was the only one I thought we couldn't take, so I was surprised when you said it was fine. I guess I'll just stick with the Tylenol until it doesn't help anymore.