Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I know I'm horrible about posting lately, I'm sorry!!!

I say RENT IT Pam, I wish we could do that, if I was a rich woman I'd own lots of houses and rent em out. Pay for themselves, or in your case, make profit, then you can flip them one day and never had to pay on it!

Hope you feel better.

Booked my flight & hotel for the TX trip. We can't both afford to go, so it's just me. I'm sure you guys won't mind!! :unsure:)

Now to go find my violet dress....... just kidding Haydee!!

How is Ayla doing Heather???

Still haven't gained or lost a SINGLE POUND since my revision surgery. Bleh. I won't get into that. Good news is, Allergan is entertaining reimbursement, that's a step in the right direction heh.

Work is busy, Carson is getting ever more needy now that he wants things and doesn't know how to tell me!! Wanted to do daycare 2x a week, but can't afford it...

Russell got me the Flip camera for my birthday, I LOVE IT. Great little invention. I'm uploading videos on Facebook now instead of just pics.

As for the i stuff, I don't like apple or any apple products. I HATE Macs, and Russ has an iPhone which gives me a headache whenever I need to use it. I got an iPod for Christmas years ago, used it maybe once.

And I HATE iTunes, but it's the only place to buy music online anymore really.

I'll keep trying to get over to post more :/

OH and Carson lost 1lb, he went from 95 percentile in weight at his 6m appt, to 75 percentile in weight at his 9m.. that's good!

Edited by FairyFacade

Ayla is doing great. Well, she is also doing terrible on her sleeping. She got sick with an ear infection, got babied for a few weeks and now she doesn't want to sleep on her own . . . we are working on that.

When you say you are going alone, does that mean no Carson?

I have been really enjoying your Facebook videos. Carson has the most adorable laugh in the whole world :0)

As far as not losing since revision . . . I am right there with you. I just lost 2 pounds out of the 20 or so I gained since surgery and waiting for restriction. I don't know what it is but it seems like getting in the groove of banding is a lot harder the second time around.

Gooooood morning, Violets..

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 5 degrees out there right now, but at least we aren't getting hit with the ice that the southern plains are.

No plans today except relaxing and catching up on some housework. Nothing that demands my attention for very long. I'm going to go look at getting my own Kindle. It's getting harder and harder to share the one we have. I started reading The Story of Edgar Sawtell and am enjoying it so far. But Bob wants to read at night at the same time I do. He's been listening to books on his Zune, but misses his Kindle.

I'm finishing a piece of toast with p'nut butter and calling that Breakfast. I'm still eating the bandster way and hope I show a weight loss on Sunday when I weigh in. I know I can't eat less than I do without going into starvation mode!!!

Going to get some exercise in today too.

Kris says Grady has been very clingy since they got back home. Welllll, duh!! He missed mommy and daddy for 10 days!! He also has another molar coming in. That kid has more teeth at his age than I thought possible!! This will be his 10th tooth!

Off to check out Kindles... Everyone have a great day!!!

Good morning!!

Way to go Judy on a lot of things!!!

Kind of busy day at work today.

I hope all violets hang in there today, tomorrow is Saturday!!

Judy, I feel the freeze as well, please stop sending all that cold air from Michigan down to Ohio, lol.

I hope you have a great day at work today, Jane. Busy days can be the best in that they are over sooo quickly. :0)

I am feeling unmotivated today. I wanna go home take a bubble bath and finish the book I am reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns. Perhaps throw in a hot mug of tea to sip on and a few scented candles and I would be good to go . . . of course, since it is a work day I don't NEEEDD to pick up Ayla from the sitters for an hour or two, lol. I guess I am just missing a little me time.

the last book I read was a Thousand Splendid Suns.. loved it!!

I'm reading Judge Judy's book "Don't Pee on my leg and tell me it's raining" right now (too long to capitalize each word!!)

Carson hit his 9 month sleep regression. If he has an excuse not to sleep well, he finds it. We did Farber/Ferber? and it worked well after only a week, we were doing good for a couple weeks and now in the past week he's up every couple hours, and he will cry for an entire hour before I finally give in.. he won't give in!! Kills me, it's HORRIBLE cries, he's learned to pull my strings.

My new Kindle comes Monday!!! The Bobster said he was going to get one for me for Valentine's Day, but I beat him to the punch. Now I'll have to get my books off of his Kindle and onto mine.

Laura... Grady is finally, finally sleeping through the night again. He goes to bed at 9:30 and sleeps until 8:30. He never woke up crying any of the 10 days that his Grammas had him, THANK GOD!!!

Naptime is a whole different ballgame, though. He won't lay in his crip for nuthin. I always laid on the couch with him and that way he would sleep and Gramma could close her eyes for a bit too! I tried to put him in the crib for a nap once that was a huge mistake. Live and learn!!

Nathan goes back to work today, so Kris will have the little "cling-on" all day by herself again.

Joe got called into work, thank goodness, and I'll have Ethan for the afternoon. I can handle one at a time, especially if that one is finally potty trained. :)

oh noes!! don't let my bebe cry. give him whatever he wants!!

all this talk of fussy babies make me want one so bad, NOT! LOL...

sometimes i'm so ready and sometimes i'm so not!

ditto with the apple stuff, i hate it too. It makes me feel dumb, lol. Well it doesn't take much but with all the apple stuff it REALLY makes me feel dumb...

Pam - i say go for it on the rental. we currently have two rental properties. Right now the rent barely covers the mortgage payment because of the way the rental market was so competetive last summer. This summer when we get new contracts on them we will be able to ask for more and make a teeny profit. At first I hated being a landlord. You have to make sure that you get good people renting. If it's the wrong people they will tear up your property and it'll cost you more in the long run... But again, don't let this discourage you. My mother in law has like 5 rental homes and my dad has about 7 of them. They don't ever have any issues. Let your realtor be your go between.

Hmmm. What else. Hopefully by the end of next week we will have decided on the caterers. That and the linens was the two huge things left to do. Then on Saturday I will sit down and make a list of all the little piddly things I need to do... Which is probably 125,000...

Did anyone see the new reader from Barnes and Noble? What have you heard about it if you have?

Laura - I want a flip so bad! I want one to take on our honeymooon. Which one did you get? Do they have a waterproof one?

I got a customized flip, I'm not sure where he got it, they spray painted the front. I assume it's whatever one just came out since he just got it (if there's different versions) I didn't know anything about them till I got one. I LOVE IT! It really takes great quality videos for such a small little thing, and it comes in a clipped carrying case that snaps to your purse.

CRYING BABIES ARE *SO* A PART OF IT LOL.

Glad to hear Grady is sleeping through the night. Carson normally goes to bed at 6, and is up at 6.. He's been staying up till 8, waking up at 10, midnight, and 5.

At 10 and midnight he'll cry a solid hour if I don't go in there with a bottle.

At 5 he is up for the day.. and with him not letting me go to bed early, I feel like the beginning again where I'm zonked all the time. And Caffein doesn't do nothin to me :)

My dad is talking about getting a Kindle. I don't know why I try to resist technology, I guess out of 'principal' it makes me mad to pay $300+ for a 'device' that holds books I have to Pay for.. and then have nothing to show for. And I hate reading on the screen. I had to do a digital copy of Tori Spelling's first book because it was sold out everywhere and I had to read it.. I hated reading it on a computer screen. I like pages! I'm sure one day if the Kindle gets real cheap I'll give in.

I guess I feel kind of like Laura. I want the pages. I want to lounge in bed in whatever position strikes my fancy to read. I like to read in the bathtub as well and somehow electronic devices used for reading just don't seem to go with bathing, lol.

I have the Flip Ultra.. it's a great little camcorder for short videos. Easy to carry, easy to download and very easy to email videos. There is now a Mino and a Mino HD.. more bells and whistles and longer videos. Kris and Nathan used mine for awhile until they got a regular camcorder. I have lots of videos of the grandkids saved on the puter.

Just go to theflip.com and you can read all about it.

Oh my . . . I just took a look. While the Kindle and Ipad haven't stirred any interest as of yet . . . I really want to get a flip in the worst way now.

yeah, as soon as i saw the flip i wanted one. I've been wanting the kindle but like ya'll i like the feel of the pages. I like bookmarks, LOL. I'm a dork!

Aww poor baby carson. What's the stage where they sleep through the night and they feed themselves??

Somewhere between now & wanting a new car Haydee :)

Oh my flip is an HD.. does that tell you anything about it? It doesn't have any model info on it. It records up to 2 hours of HD video.. and it's SO EASY. It pops out a USB hook up and goes right into the computer, and then it has its own software to save the videos, email them, make them into e-mailable cards, etc. I got that flip video from Judy but didn't realize what it is. I literally never heard of it till 2 days ago when he gave it to me. When I opened it, I was like eh...thought it was a new phone lol.

NICE! surprises are always good! and yes, the one you have is the latest model, that allows 2 hrs of recording on HD. I so want one now! I'm gonna be hinting of that for a possible wedding gift even though we said we aint buying each other anything.