Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey Girls~

Judy...so glad your back, cant wait to hear all about the trip! Walking!!! OMG...is Carson walking too?? No rest for you ever again!

Back is still a bit painful. I am really trying to rest it and haven't worked out since Friday. I think that is ok because I worked out Friday w/ a very hurt back...that made it so bad Friday.

When I was banded, I was told that this would take about 50% of my weight loss away. Like, I wanted to lose 100 lbs and that I would probably lose 50 lbs. That is exactly what I was told. I was still happy w/ that because I didn't want the other surgery at all. I lost 30 then gained about 10 back...and I bounce around at that #. But honestly, if I didn't get the band, I'd be 30 pounds heavier (10 pound @ 3 years)...and I was smoking. My band doc flatly said he would NOT work w/ a smoker. So, I am still happy...but yes, I'd like to lose more. It is my responsibility, plain and simple.

Gonna be a rainy week all week...I guess winter has arrived!

Yes, we are off today. We did nothing all weekend...time to go to store etc!

have a great day girls!

xooxxoxo

yeah i never even considered gastric bypass even though my band doctor told me that that might be a better fit for me since i eat so much sweet and junky food. i didn't listen to him :/

but am i glad i did it, HECK YES. I'm down to 240 from 310. I can move around, I can get down on my knees and garden. Do I need to lose another 50, absolutely. But I need to learn how to get some self control...

Ah girlies... if i hadn't done this i wouldnt of met all of ya'll and that untimalely is worth everything!

MY GOAL TODAY IS TO DRINK 3 - 32 oz containers of Water. I can do this. It's a small step but a step nontheless....

I have also committed to moving my booty today after work for at LEAST 15 min.

again, small step. but if i start big i fall big...

Hello, Haydee you are soo sweet. You always know what to say!!!!!!!!!! I too was told the band would help me lose half of my weight. But, you know I am about ten pounds over the weight of when I got the band....... I just need self control, PERIOD!!!

I am supposed to go to my investment club meeting and really don't want to go.

Okay I guess Haiti is fading because CNN just mentioned Lisa Marie and Michael Jackson filed for Divorce this day many years ago...........

Alright off to do something?

jane - how is your restriction? are you restricted at all? are you eating lots of Cookies and ice cream? let us help you! share what you eat and maybe this could be your log? that way you can see what you're doing... no one here judges any of us on what we are eating and doing. we just share share share... i know it helps me to write it down and committ to it. like when i was cleaning up after christmas. i told ya'll about it, committed to it so then i knew i had to do it and finish so i can say to ya'll "it's done!". like ya'll care! but it helps me...

oh me too. i'm bad about eveything! writing stuff down, excersising, eating right... it's any wonder i haven't keeled over yet... but we can do it together... so far today i've had 1 of my promised 32 oz of water... It's 4pm and i'm starting on my other one... when i get home i am jumping on my mini trampoline for 15 min. then i am going over to my aunts house to eat paella :/

i'm gonna try to just eat the mussells and shrimp and leave the rice...

I can honestly say that sticking to a food diary helped me lose most of my weight. However, I haven't kept one in so long . . . it is too much work with everything else. I guess I need to prioritize.

OK, I am guilty, I must admit. I got behind and didn't want to post until I read the last couple pages but just didn't have time. I don't have a clue what has gone on the last few days so all I can say is hello to everyone, lol.

I am in the same boat as a lot of others . . . I am not drinking enough Water, the gym people have probably forgotten my face by now (although I am getting exercise clicking on send so that they get my payment every month). I am not weighing regularly and am not losing anything. I am at least 10 pounds off from where my signature says I am.

Lack of any real restriction has made the last six months really difficult. I need to jump back on the wagon before it leaves me behind.

I hope everyone is having a happy new year so far. :0)

You know the only thing I am good at is drinking Water. I actually think I am too good. It is very hard for me not to drink with meals.

So far today I have had

one bagel with butter

lean cuisine dinner

We all have to start somewhere, right?

Piehole report:

Breakfast - Half a piece of Cheesecake Factory Peanut Butter cup cheesecake

Lunch - Soujouk (turkish beef sausage) & eggs along with about 1/2 a cup of Louisiana chicken Pasta from the Cheesecake Factory from the day before.

Snack - Peanut butter cookie with reese's on it with a sugar cookie with frosting.

Water - About 8 ounces consumed after reading Haydee's post about Water directly above my post. If only peer pressure could keep me on the wagon all the time, lol.

Drinkables (Non Water) - About 4 cups of coffee and 1 cup of tea . . . can I just make believe that this is water and that the caffeine is not going to dehydrate me?

How do I feel about it? - Like a pile of poo drizzled with mounds of guilt

So after this lovely day of eating crap, I need to scrape my self-esteem up off the floor and move on with it. Perhaps a nice low-cal salad for supper might do nicely(although I feel those old feelings of "I already goofed up so screw it, lets go out for something really bad for dinner).

So I am committing publicly that I am going to end the rest of this day on a positive note and make a semi reasonable decision for dinner. One step at a time . . .

Janie,

I am curious about your restriction level. I can't hope to eat a bagel right now unless I nurse on it for hours and am still not quite restricted enough. I also can't drink with meals because it causes me to pb.

Do you think you might just be too loose to get the benefits of feeling banded?

heather - you know what, you have to take it one hour at a time sometimes, LOL. I would agree, do a sensible thing for dinner. I'm so guilty of letting one bad meal dictate another bad meal. If I screwed up then let's leave it and try to do good for the next one...

My piehole report:

Breakfast - strawberry/banana activa yogurt with 2 Tablespoons of granola mixed in

lunch - 1 cup of macaroni Pasta Soup made with turkey and potatoes and carrots and of course macaroni.

Dinner - we are gonna go eat paella at my aunt's house. I'm gonna stick to just eating the Protein (shrimp, mussels and chicken)

I've had 32 oz of Water and working on my next 32 and by bedtime will have consummed 96...

One step at a time....

Good evening, Violets...

ahhhhhh, finally got done reading all the posts. Sorry I missed Michelle, but she's going to have a great time, just like we did.

And I ate like a real Bandster!!! On all other cruises I would have sweet bread for breakfast with eggs and bacon, Cookies for snack at least 3-4 times a day, pastries and Desserts after every dinner. This time I made it may goal to never eat as much as Kathy, our cruising buddy and the lady that has lost 93# with the band since Oct. of 08. Wellllll I had one sugar free cookie and 1/2 a regular cookie for the entire cruise. I never ate more than Kathy and for dessert most nights I had sherbet. I didn't snack in between meals and had only one piece of sweet bread for the whole cruise. I am weighing in tomorrow morning to see how I did. I just saw some pics on Facebook that my friend took and I am very disappointed in how I look. The 17# I gained from my lowest weight sure show. BUT, I stayed good and I am going to be at goal for the wedding. Bob wants to go back to get a fill in February so I need to make that appointment.

Just finished 3 loads of laundry and I need to head to bed. Ethan and I are going to take care of Grady tomorrow. I have tons of pics to post, but won't get to them until mid-week at the earliest.

So glad to be back. I sure missed you all!! Everyone sleep well!

YEAH...JUDY IS BACK! Proud of you on your bandstander ways!!

I am pooped and gonna play a game of scrab...and try to finish my book...92% done, but it is a big one!

xoox