Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ladies I'm pretty close to goal right now. I'm at 153 and my goals 145. I'm gonna try with exercise but I've had 3 kids and just don't see me getting it into any reasonable shape with exercise alone. Right now I hate my stomach. If it's not being too nosey do any of you mind sharing what you paid for your procedure? I'd like to get an idea of how much I'm gonna need to save. Also how long was your recovery process and how long were you off work? Thanks!!

Hey ladies I'm pretty close to goal right now. I'm at 153 and my goals 145. I'm gonna try with exercise but I've had 3 kids and just don't see me getting it into any reasonable shape with exercise alone. Right now I hate my stomach. If it's not being too nosey do any of you mind sharing what you paid for your procedure? I'd like to get an idea of how much I'm gonna need to save. Also how long was your recovery process and how long were you off work? Thanks!!

I am having mine in two weeks and it will be $5800.

Jennifer:

I had a Tummy Tuck in May 2009. Because I had rash issues I got some coverage from BCBS. My plastic surgeon said I only had to pay the difference between the time taken for an abdominoplasty and the tummy tuck for the o.r., and the o.r. team. She said I would have to cover about 1/3. My out of pocket was $6,800. I'm near Boston and I've heard we have one of the highest medical costs in US, so it may be alot lower where you are. If you're having issues with rashes and your insurance covers abdominoplasty, please make sure to mention it to your doctors so that they can document your file. Better than that, have them take pictures if you have a rash when you seen them.

Good luck.

Sue

Jennifer:

I had a Tummy Tuck in May 2009. Because I had rash issues I got some coverage from BCBS. My plastic surgeon said I only had to pay the difference between the time taken for an abdominoplasty and the tummy tuck for the o.r., and the o.r. team. She said I would have to cover about 1/3. My out of pocket was $6,800. I'm near Boston and I've heard we have one of the highest medical costs in US, so it may be alot lower where you are. If you're having issues with rashes and your insurance covers abdominoplasty, please make sure to mention it to your doctors so that they can document your file. Better than that, have them take pictures if you have a rash when you seen them.

Good luck.

Sue

Wow, Boston must be expensive! I am 100% self pay, and my $5800 is still less than what you had to pay. YIKES!

I just scheduled a TT and Breast relocation and augmentation for $12,410. The TT part was about $6000. Those implants are not cheap, LOL!!!! Good luck and happy healing. 2 different PS wanted stable wt for several months before operating. I am so excited to get the "girls" away from their best friend, my tummy!!!! And to get my tummy away from its best friends, my thighs!!!

Mimi

I set up an initial consult with two plastic surgeons in Shreveport, LA and one of them gave me a quote in the range of 8K to 12k depending on the amount of work needed. I have no clue what the standard is but had a friend that had hers done in Dallas for 12K.

I've received several quotes DFW Tx area and they have ranged from 6,400-13,000 for TT Depends also if you want Lipo of flanks and other work. I decided to go with my last consultat and for TT and BA with overnight stay in hospital & pain pump will be $12,050. TT alone is #6,400, Mimilou you are right those implants aren't cheap.

$17,000 for Extended Tummy Tuck with an anchor cut, breast lift and breast augmentations with silicone implants. This included OR, anastesiolgiost, Pain pump, 2 nights in a healing center. all follow up visits. I also had a revision and my surgeon charged me nothing for it.

I believe when it was broken down the tummy part was abut $10,000.

I had it done in Beverly hills, But I had 5 consults and there wasn't very much difference in price from Bakersfield, Lancaster, Los Angelos and Bev hills at all, Maybe $500. so I went with the Dr who I felt most comfortable with even tho he was a little more it was well worth it.

$17,000 for Extended Tummy Tuck with an anchor cut, breast lift and breast augmentations with silicone implants. This included OR, anastesiolgiost, Pain pump, 2 nights in a healing center. all follow up visits. I also had a revision and my surgeon charged me nothing for it.

I believe when it was broken down the tummy part was abut $10,000.

I had it done in Beverly hills, But I had 5 consults and there wasn't very much difference in price from Bakersfield, Lancaster, Los Angelos and Bev hills at all, Maybe $500. so I went with the Dr who I felt most comfortable with even tho he was a little more it was well worth it.

Hi Shalee. How has your weight loss been since your tummy tuck? Did it help? Hurt? Make no difference? I still want to lose these last few pounds, but boy is my weight loss slowwww now.

Hi Shalee. How has your weight loss been since your Tummy Tuck? Did it help? Hurt? Make no difference? I still want to lose these last few pounds, but boy is my weight loss slowwww now.

Hey Minidriver,

I have lost 10 lbs since the original surgery in Oct 2008, But

I must be honest I haven't really done much in the way of exercise since my TT. I was on complete bed rest for 5 weeks after PS becasue of a Large wound seperation. after I was allowed up again I really had no energy, so I would go a short walks. I had my revision in May 2009. I havent gained anything so that's a plus. But I want to drop the last 20 lbs. My band dr wants me to lose 40 more But I dont see that happening.

I do know that I had a large pannus and so exerciseing now is soooo much easier, biking and running, even swimming is so different without having to wear 2 pairs of panty girdles.

I have a fill scheduled in 2 weeks and hope that helps me to kick into gear and drop the last few pounds.

good luck,

Hey Minidriver,

I have lost 10 lbs since the original surgery in Oct 2008, But

I must be honest I haven't really done much in the way of exercise since my TT. I was on complete bed rest for 5 weeks after PS becasue of a Large wound seperation. after I was allowed up again I really had no energy, so I would go a short walks. I had my revision in May 2009. I havent gained anything so that's a plus. But I want to drop the last 20 lbs. My band dr wants me to lose 40 more But I dont see that happening.

I do know that I had a large pannus and so exerciseing now is soooo much easier, biking and running, even swimming is so different without having to wear 2 pairs of panty girdles.

I have a fill scheduled in 2 weeks and hope that helps me to kick into gear and drop the last few pounds.

good luck,

Wow, 40 more would be kind of ridiculous. Hey, not gaining is a huge victory. I have always gained back everything I've ever lost in the past. So I'm really hoping that what I've lost with my band is permanent!

Hi everyone, new here, banded mar/07. I have lost 85lbs. I have a TT booked & my band doctor wants to do a complete defill. Did anyone else have to do this. I am scared to death to have to start all over to find that sweet spot. Please help

Dejavu...I was talking with one of my friends earlier this morning who also has the band and is getting ready for TT. She said that the PS wanted the band fully defilled before the surgery. I was not aware this was part of the process but if they want it defilled there must be a reason

Hi:

My surgeon did a complete unfill the day before my Tummy Tuck. Thank goodness. I had big issues with nausea because of the anesthesia. I got a partial fill two weeks after the tummy tuck and a scooch more two weeks after that. I'm still not quite back to where I was, but I'm doing okay maintaining without the extra .5. I have the small band that only holds 4 cc's and I'm currently at 2.0. I was 2.5 before tummy tuck. I'm pretty tight at 2.0, so I'm good for now.

If you have issues with anesthesia I highly recommend an unfill.

Best wishes to you with your plastic surgery!

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue