Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lapband torture !

Hi Im new here , I had my band since 11/07 . It has been nothing but a nightmare. to begin, Ive lost no weight.... I have a size 10 band, have had fills up to 5cc's which makes it almost closed tight. I vomit all the time, food gets stuck , I had the Dr remove all of the Fluid after the holidays, so with no Fluid, I still have restriction. I can eat 1/2 of a weight watcher diiner approx 220 calories, and need to vomit it up shortly after.

I now have lost alot of my hair, I have severe joint pain from malnutrition, I have anxiety attacks which I never had before. During PMS week I go back on a mostly Protein shake diet because everything gets stuck . My Dr has done several swallow tests, its always fine, and he has no idea why its just not working,in the begining I was eating barely nothing from all the vominting still no loss.... this week Im seeking a consult from a different Dr , my gut says its either slipped or something, I have never cried so much in my life as since Ive had this band.

I've done everything that I was suppose to, recently I;ve attended Medi Weightloss clinics for injections to help replace all the Vitamins. looking back on pictures from a year ago, I looked healthier, full hair, great color, now I have thinning hair, bags under my eyes, and look awful.

Im happy so many have been successful, I know I gave it my best but hopefully will get it removed sooner than later

Anyone else with words of wisdom would be wonderful :thumbup:

I am SO sorry this has happened to you! Have you thought about going to see another doctor? Maybe see if there is anything someone else can do. It is terrible that your surgeon is allowing you to live with this situation. Keep your head up and I'm sending positve and healthy vibes your way.

Yes I am consulting with another bariactric surgeon my PCP sent me to, Im seeing him tis week, and I pray he agree to remove it, and I can begin to heal, I have nothing against the band, quite a few friends have had it, and lost weight, had no problems, but a few have, and I was not the lucky one!

Queeny - please make sure to get everything checked out. Get complete bloodwork done and your thyroid checked, too. It does sound like this is all band related but there could be something else going on too. I am glad you are getting a second opinion. That is smart. Maybe an endoscopy might shed some light on this situation. But in the end, if they find nothing wrong, then you might just have band intolerance and have to have it removed. I wish you well.

Hi Queeny, Don't feel like your alone. My story is alot like yours. Still struggling not able to eat and the weight stays on. When i can eat it's always the wrong types of foods like ice cream, nachos, hard tacos,chips. Veggies and chicken make me throw up. also had it put in 07. My tube holds only 5cc i can't even get 2 cc in it. I have restriction without having a fill. My doc says i'm just not doing what i'm suppose to but after two years now i,m tired. The first year i did. Now i eat what gives me energy. I went in last week and they did an egd and my band was completely closed. it was completely flattened out. like if you put two fingers together. I don't know how this could have happened they opened it up. but i can tell it's closing again can't even drink Protein Shakes or drinkable yogarts without taking 30 min to finish. They tell me i might have to have it replaced. But I think the band is a good thing is has helped alot of people . I just believe out of all the bands out there some of them were faulty and we got stuck with those. Hope things get better for you. Hang in there. :biggrin: