Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

I was banded the same day. My doc is way different. as soon as able you are to eat chunky and not mushy foods. I was eating normal by day 4. i eat more than i figured i would. now my struggle is what i put in my mouth after being good for so very long. plus woman time came as well and i l love chocolate. Ugh. Trying to do better. it really, honestly is a tool, nothing more. No liquids for me. back to the grind. I have a knot under my rib like a baseball. that hurts. he said it is tubing, and my port i assume. gas pains suck, but are getting better. i would hate to still do liquids, but am glad they fill you up. GOOD LUCK TO US!!!

I was banded 10/22. I feel better most of the time, but sometimes I feel like I could go out and eat the world. Boredom? Probably. I go back for my post op tomorrow and can't wait. So ready to get the staples out!

Happyloser 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

FeatherHen2010 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

angela677 10/15

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

munkee'smommy 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

hope2bthinr 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 TBA

HDmama 10/22

aghealthy 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

NJLIZ 10-26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina 10/29

MrgrtVntll 10/30

Daveh7373 10/28/09

aghealthy 10/22/09

Tomorrow is not only my birthday but my pre-op prep of Clear Liquids. So, my birthday present to myself is the lap band on the 29th of October.

I am nervous too because I really need this to work. I'm not worried about the post-operative period of healing etc....its the diet part. I'm doing 2-3 days of clear liquids, 2-3 weeks of full liquids & then starting pureed foods up to 1/4 cup per meal. My biggest time of issues is the night time. It's usually after 8 pm. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Good luck everyone who is having the lap band coming up this week!!! Sheri O.

My surgery was set for Oct 14. While I was in the hospital on Oct 5th for pre-registration and blood work, I caught something there similar to H1N1. I got better with medication and my primary doctor gave me her ok for the surgery. I showed up to the hospital @ 6.30am on the day of the surgery. I was supposed to be the first one.. I was all excited and ready to be " banded".

To make a story short...

At the last minute just before I got hooked up to the IV, my anesthesiologist felt it was to risky to put me under because I was still wheezing and coughing.

My surgery was adjourned until Monday Oct 19... and here I am, 9 days post-surgery.

Hey Oct Bandsters,

I don't have a follow up appt until 11/9. I was banded on 10/19. Besides walking has anyone done any kind of exercise program? Biking, yoga, swimming??? Has anyone's doctor made any recommendations as to how long after surgery you should wait? Right now, I think things are a little too sore but not sure when I should give it a go...

Hey Oct Bandsters,

I don't have a follow up appt until 11/9. I was banded on 10/19. Besides walking has anyone done any kind of exercise program? Biking, yoga, swimming??? Has anyone's doctor made any recommendations as to how long after surgery you should wait? Right now, I think things are a little too sore but not sure when I should give it a go...

Hi, I was banded 10/14. My doctor said I could do any aerobic exercise, but to be careful because I should not lift anything over 10 pounds for 2 months. However, I am still a little sore, so I am just walking for now. Maybe after 2 more weeks I will feel more comfortable doing some aerobic exercises. Talk to your doctor about it. He/she should be the one to give you advice. If you do things on your own and do not follow his/her instructions, and anything goes wrong, they would say it is your fault for not following their post-op instructions. (Just to be on the safe side).

Good luck, and congratulations!!! :(

I was banded 10/22. I feel better most of the time, but sometimes I feel like I could go out and eat the world. Boredom? Probably. I go back for my post op tomorrow and can't wait. So ready to get the staples out!

DITTO!!!! i hope this hunger passes with the fills. I don't get a fill until 11/11.:(

Hey Oct Bandsters,

I wouldn't go swimming til you're all healed up. Since they tell you you can shower, but not soak in a tub, I imagine that would be similar in that you're incisions shouldn't be submerged for long periods of time.

My doc said to wait about 3 weeks...but walking was recommended...a mile or more a day.

Cream of Potato Soup never tasted soooo good!!!! I get to move on to soft foods tomorrow! Mashed taters, here I come!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Just got back from the hospital today after being banded yesterday, 10/27. I was kept overnight because I have sleep apnea.

The surgery took longer than expected because they first went in through the belly button but there was too much fat there so they then made 2 cuts on the side. They also fixed a hernia (they said that was standard).

I'm in alot of pain right now but I am walking (slowly) and taking the pain meds. Hope to feel better soon. Small price to pay to be healthy and a new way of life, right?

Hi everyone. Just got back from the hospital today after being banded yesterday, 10/27. I was kept overnight because I have sleep apnea.

The surgery took longer than expected because they first went in through the belly button but there was too much fat there so they then made 2 cuts on the side. They also fixed a hernia (they said that was standard).

I'm in alot of pain right now but I am walking (slowly) and taking the pain meds. Hope to feel better soon. Small price to pay to be healthy and a new way of life, right?

Yay for you! Keep walking everyday! I found the more I walked, the quicker the gas pains went away. Have fun on the liquids, tonight is my last night! :thumbup:

Congrats! I just had mine done on Oct 21st. I am on day 8 and feel really good, but want food sometimes. Still on just Protein Shakes but my potassium was low so he had me put bannana in shake and liquify it. Can't wait to eat real food.

what did u do about removing bandages? My Dr. said I can take of the main bandages (which are a little bloody) by myself but the steristrips fall off in about 2 weeks. I'm afraid to pull it off as I don't want to bleed or pull of the hair which is stuck by this transparent tape. Help!

I took the bandaids off right away (was having a reaction to them). I had staples and one of my incisions was looking a bit funky yesterday, so I went in and he removed the staples. He put steri-strips on them, and the one that looked bad, I think looks even worse now (it's like open)...so he put two steri strips on those and covered it with a band-aid - I've been changing that band-aid, but man, it really looks gross to me (but he wasn't worried about it). Maybe if you take it off in the shower, it will pull less?