Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

My date is one day after yours and i am seriously considering cancelling,,,I just don' know if I can deal with the post op diet

Don't cancel! Seriously, I think the pre op diet was worse than the post op diet. I mean I know I am only 6 days after surgery, but still. I really haven't been that hungry. I feel hunger pains, fix me a little something liquid, then I am satisfied. Sometimes I just drink some Water, and That is enough to satisfy me. I think you have probably worked to hard to give up just before your surgery. And remember, it is reversible. I mean, if you think you can lose the weight without the band, then by all means, do it on your own. Or if you don't really have that much weight to lose, then reconsider. But if you are doing it to be healthier, like I am doing it. Then I think you should go through with it.

Jill

Now I know that I am only 6 days post op. But I weighed myself before I left home to go to hospital. And I weighed 229. I weighed myself Wednesday when I got home from hospital and I weighed 244. People have said this is probably normal, due to Fluid and swelling, blah blah blah. Weighed myself yesterday and I was at 238.4. I just weighed myself and now I am at 239.4. I am starting to get pissed off. Shouldn't I be losing instead of gaining?? Ugh, I'm starting to freak out. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it, but I am beginning to feel like I am suffering for nothing ! :blushing: grrr. I am just aggravated! Seems like everyone else is losing just fine. Why does everything have to be 10 times difficult for me :laugh: :Banane20:

Jill

Happyloser 10/1

bethany329 10/1

Timmers 10/1

Lindac80 10/1

Marfar7 10/1

Ca7696 10/2

Opus03 10/2

RedboneLA 10/3

ihavehope3 10/3

Viking_girl 10/5

leetie 10/7

Jtreece 10/8

MommyOf1 10/8

FeatherHen2010 10/8

Suz-Q 10/9

Noodles 10/9

SharPei 10/13

Guy 10/13

Cshytle 10/13

MoniqueD 10/14

Jenfromtheburg 10/14

ncarreras 10/14

angela677 10/15

Kme 10/15

Nooshie 10/15

munkee'smommy 10/15

Oliverdog 10/16

danyett 10/16

We3601 10/19

Onikenbai 10/19

hope2bthinr 10/19

Mzcancer 10/20

Soexcited 10/21

erenstar983 10/21

pina3940 10/21

jenrobbar951 TBA

HDmama 10/22

Crazychica133 10/26

NJLIZ 10-26

Idahlem72 10/27

Daria77 10/27

Barley 10/28

4girlfamily 10/29

Tina 10/29

MrgrtVntll 10/30

Daveh7373 10/28/09

Oliverdog, I think it's about diversion. If you think about it, the stomach is now sooo small. So it's not really able to hold much, but still, I know what you're saying. I think with me it's more boredom. I don't think I'll be able to look another pureed Soup in the face after this. It's super hard too when we're surrounded by food...especially in the workplace. My coworkers and I play the lottery. We had decided that our small winnings would go into the "chocolate fund". They keep a supply of chocolates on hand (like 5 feet away from me) which everyone from around the office comes and enjoys as well as those around me. I find, when I hear the candy dish lid rattle, a few seconds after, I'm suddenly hungry. Pavlovian, yes? But it happens all the time. Lots of stuff going on. So maybe you need to replace the hunger reminder with something else. When you feel so hungry, take it as a cue that you need to grab your water bottle, take a few sips and walk around your office for a minute.

Hope it helps....or eases up a bit. Keep me posted.

Hi October Bansters!!

A BIG THANK YOU to Danyett, Wisteria, and Nooshie for all your help and advice, which I have taken and now seem to be back on the straight and narrow!! A little slip up but back in control now and not so hungry, I think liquid/water/drinking and walking is the answer:tt2:

Also went back to work Thursday and didnt come home until last night (Saturday) so think I was just really tired, the operation does take it out of you more than you realise, but definately starting to feel better. Still feel a little pregnant though and have some pain, stomach feels rather delicate, but well worth it x:thumbup:

One more day on liquids and then on Mushies cant wait... Just some advice Nooshie when in hopsital they gave me some dutch bakes (thick crispbreads) that melt in your mouth and told me these were alright with soup etc. So I have them now and then on their own with cheese spread (protein) or smooth Peanut Butter (protein) or with soup with low cal spread. They gave us jam in hospital wit them but couldnt face that (lol!!).:thumbup:

Well my surgery fell through for October, but now that I have a surgeon that will stick around post op. I am glad I made the decision to change. I was told that I have to follow up every 4-6 wks for one year. I guess that is good so it will keep me on the straight and narrow. I was doing so well with the pre-op diet, but then when everything fell through, I gained back about 2-3 lbs. You know, it was like riding a roller coaster. climbing up the hill for that big thrilling drop, but instead of the plunge, the car just went straight. What a disappointment. :thumbup:

I'm scheduled to go in on 10/28. Nervous as all get-out, but I know it's for the best. Had my BF take my "before" pics this morning. Good heavens - now if that's not motivation, I don't know what is! The pre-op diet hasn't been nearly as bad as I had anticipated. 2 Protein Shakes during the day and a low-fat, no-carb protein/vegetable dinner. Down 10 lbs so far - which serves as a good motivator!

My date is one day after yours and i am seriously considering cancelling,,,I just don' know if I can deal with the post op diet

Post op diet sucks at first but not enough to stay fat for the rest of my life. It depends on the person i havent been very hungry..... The best thing I did for the liquid stage is made homemade super tasty chicken broth...... froze it in 6 plastic containers took them out one at a time.(my teenage daughter keeps trying to talk me into letting her have some...its that good!) Now i am on mushies and full after few bites. post op diet not the end of the world

I agree with Danyett, post op diet at this point, isn't that bad. I don't really get hungry right now, although I admit I can't wait to move on to mushies!!!

Hi 7373,

Believe me if you made it through the pre-op diet, you'll have no problem with the post-op. I am 6 days out and what everyone says is true--get up and walk, sip, sip, sip Water. sugar free popsicles were great and I kinda had to force the Protein Drinks down. I found a couple things to snazz them up--I have a vanilla Protein Powder, add skim milk and then add coffee, Peanut Butter or frozen fruit and they're pretty yummy. I get to move on to mushies tomorrow and can't wait. Bottom line--don't give up now! You've come to far! Best of luck to you.

xmagirl..... My October surgery was postponed too :thumbup: My husband took my surgery date and WOW with all of the problems and super PAIN he's having its making me re think doing it myslef! He's in soooo much pain still 5 days post op now and still can just wander around the house before he gets back to bed, I swear hes been asleep for 5 days now.

xmagirl..... My October surgery was postponed too :thumbup: My husband took my surgery date and WOW with all of the problems and super PAIN he's having its making me re think doing it myslef! He's in soooo much pain still 5 days post op now and still can just wander around the house before he gets back to bed, I swear hes been asleep for 5 days now.

Did he have a hiatal hernia? I had that repaired too, and I think that is what hurts so freaking bad. My coworker had her surgery two days after me, and she was doing great, but she didn't have hiatal hernia repair. And it seems I can't stay awake, but I think the pain medicine is doing that. Still having trouble finding a comfortable way to sleep though. But I think in the end the surgery will definitely be worth it!

Jill

p.s. Oh, I forgot! Like you soexcited and xmagirl, my original surgery date was postponed from sept 28 to oct 19. I was soooo discouraged that it was very hard to follow the pre op diet. But I muddled through it, and got my surgery done, and I don't regret it at all!

Jill

Edited by Chickychoo
forgot something :P

Hi Guys, just a little update.

Glad to see that for the most part everyone is doing well.

The pain is almost gone. (Banded 10/14). I've lost 13 pounds since surgery and today I start the soft diet. Same as many of you, I was not hungry for the most part for the first 10 days. Now I am having a hard time getting all my liquids in. It takes a lot of determination to drink 64oz at this stage. I am really happy with the band now that the pain is gone. It felt soooo good to eat an egg this morning!!!! :-)

Good luck to all!

I had my surgery on Oct. 19th 2009 and today is one week and I feel a lot better than I did a few days ago. My biggest problem so far is that I have to remember to sip my liquids. I'm so used to gulping my liquids that I forgot a few times and I felt the pain right away. But today I'm feeling great.

I had my surgery on Oct. 19th 2009 and today is one week and I feel a lot better than I did a few days ago. My biggest problem so far is that I have to remember to sip my liquids. I'm so used to gulping my liquids that I forgot a few times and I felt the pain right away. But today I'm feeling great.

I had the same problem. Seemed that even the smallest sip would hurt...or cause a burp. but on day 6, that sensation was gone. now I can drink like normal. So I think as the swelling from the surgery goes down, it gets better.

Glad you're feeling better!

Ok I am in the sweep up postion for the month as Oct 29th is my date and I will be following each of your adventures as you move throught the different phases.

I think back when I was so scared, now I am so excited I can't sleep at nite thinking about this. The pre-op diet has been such a motivator as well.

How to see you all on the post op board... soon..

Be well.