Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My incision is infected!!

Sooooo I had my follow-up appointment yesterday after work. As I am in the elevators at the Dr.'s office building, I feel something oozing out of my stomach. I rush to get inside the Dr.'s office and I start crying to the receptionist wondering what is wrong because I can feel my underwear and pants getting wet. The Dr. calls me in and tells me to lie down that I probably have an infection. He starts squeezing all the pus out! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so painful! He then prescribed antibiotics and I have to keep the wound covered and change the bandage everyday or if wet. The knot I had under the wound and the pain was all from the infection...I actually have less pain now and feel less tense at the incision after all the pus came out. Dr. wants to see me again on Tuesday to see if infection has gotten better or worse. If it gets worse, I may have to go into surgery again! :thumbup: I am praying that it gets better!!

Adelarosa, I am sorry to hear that. I hope that the meds clear up the infection. Don't let it get you down...sometimes things don't go as planned. Let us know how you are doing.

Adelarosa, I am sorry to hear that. I hope that the meds clear up the infection. Don't let it get you down...sometimes things don't go as planned. Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks so much band! I will keep you updated!

Oh you poor thing! I hope that the meds clear it up and you don't have to go under the knife again. At least it sounds like the infection was caught early. Good luck girl.

oh my, you poor thing I am glad you went in to get it checked out. I still have a stirri strips over my port sight which is when the knot is under my stomach area but it isn't sore, I may call and insist on an appointment sooner just to be sure. I hope it all works out so that you won't need another surgery..:thumbup:

Thanks abby!!

Well apprently I had some signs of infections that I decided to read up online after I found out!! But in the Dr.'s pamphlet he only stated high fever of over 101 and oozing liquid through the incision. Online I found out these signs of infection:

<LI class=mainText>A delay in healing of the surgical site <LI class=mainText>The tissue around the surgical site may be discolored <LI class=mainText>A foul odor coming from the incision site <LI class=mainText>Pain or sever tenderness in the area of the incision <LI class=mainText>Severe swelling of the incision <LI class=mainText>Incision is hot to the touch

The only one I didnt have was the foul odor, which I am not even sure if I didn't have because I can not smell my belly! lol

But anyway now I am taking crushed antibiotics and it is absolutely the worse tasting thing possible!! It makes me wanna throw up but I hold it in because they need to stay inside me!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I hope all this is worth is!!

On the good side....I lost 9 lbs since surgery 8/3!!!

Thanks all again for the great wishes!

XOXO, Angie

I am so sorry to hear about your infection. I hope the antibiotics kick in and clear everything up soon.

Angie - I have to take a crushed pill for my asthma every night. Mine doesn't taste horrible, but I put a little Vitamin Water on the spoon with it, or propel whatever juice you like. It seems to go down a bit easier.

Hope it clears up quickly!!

Jen

Yikes!! So sorry about your infection, hope it clears up soon!!

my prayers are with you!

Adela,

Im so sorry to hear about the infection but if you look at it on the bright side the pain has subsided and hopefully the antibiotics will take care of it soon !! Great job on the 9 lbs !!!!!

THanks for all the support girls!! I greatly appreciate it and needed it. My Dr. wants to see me on Tuesday and we will see what happens! =)

Angie,

Sorry to hear about what happened with your incisions. That's a good thing that you were already at your doctor's office when it happened! Hope everything gets cleared up soon.

- Joanna

So how are you doing? Does the site look any better? I had my own infection scare the other night with a fever. Fortunately everything is ok, but I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. Let us know how that appointment goes on Tuesday, and good luck with the nasty antibiotics. Ick