Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going swimming at 1 and 1/2 weeks post op

my surgeron said it was ok so im going to go swimming tomorrow, i wondering if anybody else went swimming at 1 and 1/2 weeks post op?

and my surgeron said yes to all my questions which were

1. Is it okay to go to vermont and to their fair(rides)

2. is it okay to have tylenol pills for headaches

3. can i start exercising?

4. can i go swimming

he said yes to all those so yay :)

but just tell me if any of you went swimming this early thanks (:!

lucky you, I was told I had to wait till all of my stirry strips fell off before I could go swimming, but I know when I had a kidney removed It took me two weeks before I could go swimming, and it wasn't bad I didn't last long energy wise but it was the best way to work myself back up to a good routine.

take it slow but if your Dr. says it is fine, let me know how it goes.

I was told (and researched it on the net too) not to swim or take a bath (showers only) until 3-4 weeks post-op. You run the risk of getting an abscess on your incision as well as other infections. I'm a "better safe than sorry" kind of gal and wouldn't chance the infections possible from swimming.

Shay7997....I was thinking the same thing because if you don't know how chloronated(sp?) then you could get infected or if it is too much chlorine then it can severely dry the skin out. I personally stay out of the pool and ocean until the wounds are completely healed. Just to be save.

i was told no swimming /bath till ater 5 weeks post op. i am severely missing my bath time!

I too was told to stay out of the swimming pool and hot tubs for 6 weeks after my surgery. They wanted the incisions to be completely healed so as to not risk infections.

I could shower the same day as surgery but I couldn't take a bath or swim for 6 weeks. They worry about infections, especially at the port incision.

he said just be carefull so ill wait til week 4 but itll be cold by then maybe, but tomorrow ill just put my feet in it after i go for a walk

My Dr. said I could shower the next day after surgery but NOT to "submerge" (bath, or swimming) for at least 4 weeks after surgery.....I am missing the ocean & pool...the summer's almost over :)

i was told no swimming till scabs were gone. and no sex for 3 weeks. so i'd assume no rides... they both tend to jerk u around. Work out after 2 weeks but ease into it :)

I went swimming, in the ocean and to a waterpark a week and a half post op. All my incisions were closed. I have had no problems and feel great. I have been bike riding too. My doctor said I could do it and I did. Five weeks seems extreme, especially since it was only laproscopic surgery. I think it would be different if we were cut.. Go swimming and have FUN!!!!

every surgeon is different I asked about the rides invade we went to the fair but I'm just going to use the money to go shopping :)