Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you do to survive Clear Liquid pre-op diet?

I only have to do 3 days - but it is severe, just crystal light, broth, sf popcicles & Jello. What did you do to survive? Any tips?

Thanks!

That was my pre-op diet as well, however I did 3 weeks. You will be fine. After the first few days for me, it wasn't hard to stick to the diet. However, for the first week or so, I only went outside when I had to. I live in the middle of a city and there is lots of enticing food and restaurants just screaming my name when I walk outside. So I just decided to save myself the trouble and temptation for that initial week. After that, I was fine.

I lost 20 pounds in those 3 weeks, and honestly, getting on the scale and seeing a loss of some kind almost everyday was motivation enough for me to stick with it.

Ask if you can have clear Protein Drinks. Protein blitz comes in grape and punch flavors. they look like crystal light but the proein in them actually fills you up a bit and they are healthy. ... they got me through 3 weeks of liquids ... just keep thinking to the future - you'll get through it ... if i did - anyone can ...

My liquid diet was 2 weeks. I really didn't find it hard - I was so excited about my surgery that it kept me motivated and got me through. Plus, the weight that came off with the liquid diet was another motivation.

Good luck!!

I did the liquid protien that you can find at any GNC store. It saved me from being so hungry. I also did the ramen noodles that come in a cup...just sip the broth in it.

That was my pre-op diet as well, however I did 3 weeks. You will be fine. After the first few days for me, it wasn't hard to stick to the diet. However, for the first week or so, I only went outside when I had to. I live in the middle of a city and there is lots of enticing food and restaurants just screaming my name when I walk outside. So I just decided to save myself the trouble and temptation for that initial week. After that, I was fine.

I lost 20 pounds in those 3 weeks, and honestly, getting on the scale and seeing a loss of some kind almost everyday was motivation enough for me to stick with it.

OMG you did 3 weeks of this!?! ONLY Clear Liquids? That is like 300 calories a day or something! Wow. Good for you!

I did the liquid protien that you can find at any GNC store. It saved me from being so hungry. I also did the ramen noodles that come in a cup...just sip the broth in it.

Thanks, I was thinking any kind of Protein would help. Like those Special K Protein drinks. I will have to see if this is allowed.

I didn't think about doing the ramen noodles in the cup. That is a great idea. I love the broth on those things.

I am on day 1 of my 2 week pre op liquid dieting and I hate it!!!! I am starving, literally. I am drinking tow different type of Protein drinks and am still hungry. It took me almost all day to drink 1 16 ounce cup of Water. I had a shake for Breakfast, another for lunch along with a lipton cup-a-soup (which is broth only) and a sugar free Jello. i am having difficulty drinking the Protein Shake, although the ones I have are very tasty. I'm just not a milk-shaky kinda gal. I am trying the EAS advantedge strawberry, shake which tastes like strawberry quick, and Atkins french vanilla. I found some recipes online for smoothies that I am gonna attempt to make over the weekend. I will post a comment on how all of that went. I only wish that I had to do 3 days of this. I think these two weeks will be hell for me, I'll keep you posted.

I'm on 1st day of two day Clear Liquids pre op, yes it sucks. Decaf coffee is helping me get through it and the though of a new me.

I'm having surgery August 25th. OMG I started the pre op diet today. It's two Protein Shakes replacing two meals, one meal can be 4 oz of Protein and 1/2 c non starch veggie. sugar free popcicles and Jello and broth if I'm hungry..and Oh am I. I didn't get this weight from eating like this!! :-) I'm trying to keep positive but wow is this hard...any helpful suggestions would be great!!

I only have to do 3 days - but it is severe, just crystal light, broth, sf popcicles & Jello. What did you do to survive? Any tips?

Thanks!

Seriously - No nutrients at all for 3 days? No Protein shakes nothing? thats drastic. I have to do 2 weeks but Protein Shakes. And I can do veggies if i get hungry 2 cups I day. I would not be allowed to do ramen noodles too many carbs. The point is to shrink the liver. I am sooo afraid of not defatting my liver (I have fatty liver to begin with so i'm not optimistic) and I read they do laparatomy??? if liver too big (ie big cut down the chest bone to belly button).

I am on the 7th of 14 days of 5 Optifast Protein Shakes a day only! I envy those of you that can have broth. Any variety in flavor would be heaven right now. I have to admit that I broke down and ate a granola bar last night because I was nauseous from hunger and couldn't sleep. I hope I didn’t sabotage myself, but I was miserable. While I have lost 10 lbs this week, I am starving! What are ya’ll doing to fight hunger?

I think many shakes are high in sugar and i think Optifast is one of them. My dietician gave me a choice and i said I wouldn't be able to stay on half of them cuz the sugar would set me off. I asked if it was ok i do Atkins or eas anything low carb and they said fine. She told me those who do not do the low ccarb shakes and i mean low as in 5 grams of carbs nothing like 20 grams... those people have a tough time sticking to it. With lo carb you stick it out for the 3 days then ur fine after that you don't care.

At Lindberg Nutrition and even GNC they have a clear Protein and its on this site as well its called Isopure, it comes in a bunch of different flavors, i ahve been on clear liquids since 7/23.2009. The two things that have helped me is sugar free popiclces and won ton Soup, with no veggies, no nothing, just the broth. it helps alot