Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back after 4 years and need help

I was banded on 8-8-05. I lost all my weight by 5-06. But guess what its all back. I have gained every pound back. I go next saturday to have a fill. I can't believe i did this to my self. all that work just went up into smoke. what do i do now.

I think you are beginning to do what you need to. You are going to get a fill and coming here for some support. I would find a support group you can go to physically too. Get back on the band wagon and get the weight gone again. You can do it!

Nickie,

So sorry to hear about the weight gain. Good for you for taking action to correct it!

If you did it once you can surely do it again!

What do you think went wrong? Did you maintain for a while and then start eating slider foods or your band got lose and you didn't get a fill?

Welcome back and congrats for making the deicison to use your band to get back where you want to be!

I was banded on 8-8-05. I lost all my weight by 5-06. But guess what its all back. I have gained every pound back. I go next saturday to have a fill. I can't believe i did this to my self. all that work just went up into smoke. what do i do now.

This is a huge fear for me. Because I am curious, how much weight did you lose and after reaching your goal did you get completely unfilled?

Thanks everyone far your support. I lost 80lbs. It took me about 7 months. I kept it off about 18 months. Then I started slipping. Eating at night when the food goes down easy. I'm a stress eater. When I'm stessed I eat. I still feel like the band was doing its job. I just wasn't doing my part. Because I still didn't eat much during the day. Then the next thing I knew 4 years has past and I have gained every pound back.

Nickie thanks for sharing your story. It's a reminder to everyone whose lucky enough to reach their goal the fight continues long afterwards. I haven't been as good as I should have. Six months after getting the band I hit a wall. Have stayed there for over 7 months. I know that I haven't been playing by the bandster rules. I have to take control of my slider foods and get my ass in gear and exercise. I have been so lax at both. But still I'm glad I have the band I just need to remember how to use it.

Hi, I am there with you. I was not doing what I was supposed to do and I was not losing weight so I got an unfil. My Dr. said I would gain weight, but I knew better. Well back to where I started (maybe bigger) and I am getting a fill tomorrow. I am starting over. I am sad at this, but at least I have a tool that can help if I do my part. I am sorry about your story, but I know right where you are. Good luck in your journey.

I'm sure a fill will help. I ws banded 2/10/09, and my surgeon told me that even after goal, it would be important to come in about every six months to had the Fluid level in my band checked and sometimes "topped off" since very small amounts of Fluid can migrate out of the band over time.

And, coming here to 'fess up can't hurt either because you can get a lot of support, ideas and esncouragement and that can make all the difference!

Keep us posted on your progress.

If you look at the pictures of me on here, you will see how disappointed I am with myself. I set here and think how could I go from a size 16 all the way down to 1 (at my smallest) not showed in the pictures. I think I was wear a 4 or 6 in the pictures, and now right back to a 16. What is wrong with me.

Theres nothing wrong with you. You're human. WE have all been there a million times. You just let it get away from you. So what !!! GWT IT BACK, GIRL!!! You've learned a leson. Dont let it get so far next time. Nip it in the bud at a 5 pound gain next time and then get another fill. You know as well as I that this thing "aint no miracle cure". We have to deal with this bullshit forever. I go to therapy so I can learn to change my eating behaviors that I've used for all of my life. Getting the band didnt make all that go away. I know you want to kick yourself in the ass, but whats done is done. Start over again. You can do it. You did it before. Like Joy Behar says, "So what, Big Deal"! We will forever be slipping up and starting over. Thats just who we are. So, go get ur fill, tighten up and be on ur way down the scale again. By next Spring, you will be down there again. Look how fast the months have gone by already. It will be here before you know it!!! Good Luck!!!!!:blink::thumbup:

If you look at the pictures of me on here, you will see how disappointed I am with myself. I set here and think how could I go from a size 16 all the way down to 1 (at my smallest) not showed in the pictures. I think I was wear a 4 or 6 in the pictures, and now right back to a 16. What is wrong with me.

What is wrong with me.

Nothing! You're human, Nickie.

Don't beat yourself up. Pat yourself on the back, girl! You're doing a great thing right now. You have picked yourself up, you're going back for a fill, and you've come to the right place for support. :blink:

hang in there and Thanks so much for sharing. It helps us all!!

Thanks for all your support. I'm back watching all the food I take in. Will get my fill on Saturday. It's been so long since I been here. I can't figure out how to change my Ticker to show that I'm starting over can someone help me