Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 full days post op!!!

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't I tell you that you are mine?

Did you ever see "The Pretender" with Miss Parker?

Yes, I am Miss Parker. Through and through I am Miss Parker.

The Pretender series that was on a few years ago? I LOVED that show....wish it had grabbed a bigger audience.

Hey Monkey RN....

I do believe this is the first time I have ever seen this side of you. Could it be???? Could it??? Are HH and I rubbing off on you?

Nah. I've always had a temper. And...I've been likened to Julia Sugarbaker on the old Designing Women sitcom...

and offered jobs at car dealerships after making the deal on my cars.

So I'm angry and mouthy. However generally I'm live and let live. And honest to goodness I think if Formerfatchick had the guts to say it was Beth who'd upset her so, I'd have kept my trap shut. Beth can take care of herself (one reason I love her). But the blanket whining just finally....did me in.

Nah. I've always had a temper. And...I've been likened to Julia Sugarbaker on the old Designing Women sitcom...

So I'm angry and mouthy. However generally I'm live and let live. And honest to goodness I think if Formerfatchick had the guts to say it was Beth who'd upset her so, I'd have kept my trap shut. Beth can take care of herself (one reason I love her). But the blanket whining just finally....did me in.

I think it's a matter of redirection. It's safer to slam dunk you than it is Beth. She thought you'd take it. ;o)

I think it's a matter of redirection. It's safer to slam dunk you than it is Beth. She thought you'd take it. ;o)

Ok NOW you made me giggle. :):thumbup:

Did I miss a page? I didnt think anyone said anything all THAT bad?!

I THINK they're teasing me because while straightforward and even "tough lovish" I'm usually fairly nice and rarely snarky snippy or petulant. But tonight I did get a little ticked off.

Or not. LOL

Come on peoples.....I hate that my post caused all this drama. Can we please call a truce. I come here because it's a safe place. Both sides have valid points can we just let it go. Patty

Come on peoples.....I hate that my post caused all this drama. Can we please call a truce. I come here because it's a safe place. Both sides have valid points can we just let it go. Patty

Please don't feel badly, Patty. It wasn't your post that caused this, not at all. And bottom line as long as you check with your surgeon and he clears you, that's all that matters!

And summer, I got through my Clear liquids by drinking nothing but vodka. :thumbup: Mudslides will need to wait for "full liquids".

I THINK they're teasing me because while straightforward and even "tough lovish" I'm usually fairly nice and rarely snarky snippy or petulant. But tonight I did get a little ticked off.

Or not. LOL

BINGO!

What drama? One person had drama. The rest of us are drinking Citrus Vodka and having fun!

Orrrrr... is that just me?

I was banded on August 12th, and am still learning the ropes. I welcome the support here on the site. Thanks for caring for those of us who are just starting our journey.

Every doctor is different, and has their own sets of rules. We should all support each other. We are all in for the same goal, to be healthier and lose weight.

Leah

Every doctor is different, and has their own sets of rules. We should all support each other. We are all in for the same goal, to be healthier and lose weight.

Leah

Exactly. That's why a surgeon can tell you if a "cheat" hurt you or not, not posters here. No matter how well intentioned.

I understand the "what did I do" thoughts 100%. I am 8 days banded. About day 3 or 4 I was in a bad state. I was still very sore, eating only creamy thinned out Soups, and generally not feeling well. I too thought - OMG what have I done to myself. But, I treated my self to a small Rita's mango icee and I felt better. Not just because it was not thin Soup, but it was a "normal" thing to eat. I guess I felt sorry for myself about the Soup. I needed varity. So I tried different Soups, small curd cottage cheese, and then I started making shakes, with low fat yogurt, skim milk, ice, 1/2 banana or blue berries - and I felt good that I could have something good and different. My Dr wanted me on Clear liquids for 48 hours post surgery, then full liquids for a week. I'm now starting mushies, and the world has opened for me. I've followed the directions. I hope to keep following them. It is hard, but its doable, and the best thing for us to do.

You will be fine. Just make your self a calendar and mark the days your diet can change, it may help to visualize that you will not be eating thin soup for ever!!!

You can do it!!

Certainly I can take care of myself.

And certainly some respond better to the head patting than others. However, some understand tough love better. It all depends. Just like some do better delivering tough love, still others react better to the reality of what they're doing.

And Wasa has it right -- been there, done that. Most of us have been through pretty rigid pre- and post-op diets. My thought is, if you can't even handle yourself for just a few short weeks, maybe you should have been weeded out PRIOR to surgery.

Tough? Maybe... but no less true.

If some are looking for validation and head patting, maybe you should go talk to your moms. :confused: