Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Afternoon ladies;

LInda, wow - you've had a whirlwind there... poor little Cora... most of the time she is an angel... she has earned a meltdown... I'll bet you didn't mind too much... Hugs to Melsky, Ya I know how stubborn men can be.

Also, Linda I wanted to ask you My DD has asked me to CAT sit her 2 AT MY home... it will be over the time you and Mel are here...is anyone allergic? Cause if you are then I can BACK out of the CATSITTING, gracefully!! ha,ha,ha..

Janet 8 Aug, wow that is coming up soon!! How exciting - I agree SPEND THE MONEY, no sense at all leaving it for the kids... they need to make their OWN way ( IMHO) you will look so great... but ah, you are already perfect???? Huh, what are they gonn do ?????

Karla; Well DDboyfriend, his back surgery... well thats what Universal Healthcare is all about..... everybody gets taken care of not just those who can afford it. And yup, it does come out of the taxes pot...

Hello Luck #7 members,

I just wanted to say I'm finally back on this thing and decided I would start joining in on the conversation. Proud to be back and its only 7 more day's until I hit the 4 year mark.

Whoopee!!! Happy Dance!

:D

Cy, gotta say that my memory's failing me, but no matter. Glad you found us! What's your story? If you've been struggling, you're among friends here, but we're on to excuses. We've used them all ourselves! We know that we own the responsibility. Our bands are tools, but we still make the choice. Unfortunately, only our stomachs are banded--not our heads! So I look forward to reading more about what you've been up to for the last 4 years. I did pretty good the first year, but then I developed a hiatal hernia and was unfilled for awhile, and during that time I gave up and started regaining. I had a hip replacement in April and have been doing ok since then. I don't weigh myself, but I have gone from a size 18 this spring back to a loose 14. I'm taking it more slowly now. So please don't feel like were all so perfect. We just like each other here and are blessed to be a part of this group--"warts and all."

Good Evening Gang

Just sitting down - Leave Friday 6 a.m. to drive up north for Joseph's 40th bday.. Had Gym then had to go get cake - wrapping paper - got dinner in the oven - dogs fed - so I got a few minutes

Cy - I don't remember you either - did you go by another name.. You haven't posted much under this name. You are 4 yrs out - what's your story - how has your journey been..

Linda - WTG on the 14 - So Proud of you... What's your band date?? Don't know if I have the patience for little ones more than a day or 2 ;0)

Karla DD is young - they got to learn on their own - I have learned you can't control them - so don't try - what ever works out is what it is - When's the baby due

Candice - How's WW going - Tues your next meeting - WTG on the exercise

Phyl - Where are you - how's the crud going

Yep 8/8 will be here in 3 weeks...

Well timer going off - cbl

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, I should have specified it's been awhile since i got on Lap Band talk. I think I remember seeing, the original forum, but it's been awhile I could be dreaming.

Lindaa - Loved the wart's and all part.

IndioGirl55 - I've

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, I should have specified it's been awhile since i got on Lap Band talk. I think I remember seeing, the original forum, but it's been awhile I could be dreaming.

IndioGirl55 - I've used this

Hello,

IndioGirl55 - I've used this name since day

Hello,

IndioGirl55 - I've used this name since day one, but i've been

Sorry,

My computer must have froze when I was checking to see if I had any errors. That's what you get for being on the work computer.

Here's the situation:

I've made it my goal to start being more active with Lap Band Talk. I took a long break for almost 3 years but logged into the site when it was near my surgery day/anniversary. I was banded on July 20, 2007 in Houston, Texas by Dr. Spivak. It's been a long road these three years with almost becoming anorexic due to my band being two tight. I've slowly returned to a good/reasonable weight and have flourished. It was quite frightening to have to be told by a family member that you look sick, and of course I was. Pushing 140 lbs on a 5 ft 8.5 inch frame is quite scary. Went to the doctors and had them loosen my band and the nurse was like "Why do you want to be let out, your in a perfect spot with your weight, other's would love to be in your position". I didn't know what to say, Thank you I feel horrible and my mother thinks I'm anorexic, but I opted for "I don't feel right". Once they loosened my band, I gradually gained weight to put me at about 176 Lab's. Over the weight my doctor had wanted me to maintain. I was determined this time around to not get the band tightened, but let me do it on my own. I was at the time a undergrad and being at college was a hard thing to balance eating, studying, and exercising. I have slowly over the past year gradually decreased my weight to about 166 lbs. I'm not perfect. It surprises me that I've almost made it 4 years post-op and haven't seen my doctor in over a year for a refill. I've done it on my own so far. When I slowed down my weight loss the year after surgery, I threw every excuse out their from the user's fault, to the band not working right, to other people's habit's. It's the user who can control what is wanted in the weight loss, and not the band. The band acts as a tool that must be guided by the user to get to the ultimate goal. I'm no where where I want to be weight and body wise that I'm slowly working on reaching my goal of a flat stomach and healthy weight, however long it takes me to get there.

That's my story.

Enjoy.

Again sorry for the confusion and the accidental posting.

Cypanther-

Cy, it sounds like you are doing the right things! I am a 'newbie', I got my band a little over 2 years ago and got on this thread through 'twilight'.

Janet, sorry I missed the surgery date the first time I read your post. Baby is due the middle of October.

Decided to not set the alarm and slept in until 9, being a slug I guess.

Next week I am in Helena for a class,

Well, best get cracking, I'll check in later when I take a break!

So I haven't been ignoring all of you I promise! I'm not even sure if this will post! My brother has internet but it is so sporadic that when my computer connects I have to get my homework done. It usually takes about 2 hours just to upload an assignment which makes doing 4 assignments a week a bit difficult.

I am doing well. The weight is coming of slow and steady. I should be to goal weight by the end of September. I haven't been pushing it really fast because I just want this to be a nice slow and gradual weight loss. I did finally experience dumping syndrome and it was AWFUL! I had a piece of cheesecake for my birthday and despite the fact that it was supposed to be low sugar it was apparently too high! I still have the problem that I don't like meat anymore since surgery. It has been very difficult to actually find foods that are tolerable to me. There are days when I would rather not eat than put food in my mouth. That is both good and bad. If I don't eat at least 1000 calories a day I lose NOTHING. I stalled for almost a week and a half and the only thing that I can think of is that I wasn't getting enough calories. As soon as I upped the calories...whoosh the weight came off.

Janet - We will not be stopping by on the way to Yuma. Lee is freaked out about driving the 24' trailer, hauling the car, and making any stops. However we will only live about 3 hours from you so I will definitely be making a weekend trip to visit.

Well I should get going. I am hoping that if I keep this short enough it will post. When I get to Yuma I will be on more regularly.

Love and miss you all,

Karri

Hey Karri - Glad you are doing well - Funny never though we would say eating was a pain in the ass LOL - I understand Lee freaking I would too LOL - Well if you stop to get gas in this area let me know ;0) I'll run by and say hi

Cy - Sounds like you have done well - 140's would be thin for your height but truly family is use to seeing you fat - so they think that 140 is too skinny - you are very young like 23 right - well 140 might be ok - I don't know since I'm a shorty LOL

Just got home from the gym.. I'm poop - gotta wrap DS present - feed the animals - pack - I guess that's about it but i just want to veg - got camera charging - trying to remember everything I need to take

Karla I speed read all the time LOL I didn't know about DD bf till I read Candice's response - made me go back and re read LOL

Karri - good thing that you and sugar don't get along ;0) - how are you w/like splenda or truvia ?? does it make you sick

So I made the mistake of going back and reading old posts. As a result I am posting tonight that this will be my last time to this site. I have thought long about what I would say here but decided against singling out any individuals as the reason that I am leaving but the two of you already know who you are. Just know that I am not the only one that has been chased away by the hurtful comments that some of you have made. I wish you all the beat of luck in your continued journey.

Karri

Good Morning Gang...

Well I am off on my road trip today - Joseph's 40th bday.. So I won't be back on till Sunday or Monday...

Not Much to report - gotta finish my cofffe - shower - pack and load the car - Debbie coming to house sit..

You all have a great weekend..

xoxoxox

Janet