Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Evening! I am electronically jinxed this week I think! Watching TV and on the laptop last night and suddenly the power went off and I was in the dark. When it came back on a few seconds later, no sound on the TV. Earl had just gone to bed so I went and told him... mistake! He got up and stressed for 15 minutes or so before I persuaded him to go back to bed. Couldn't get it back on this morning, so called Comcast. They came this afternoon and all is well after he pushed a few buttons. He doesn't even know how he fixed it, but Earl had tried everything.

So this afternoon, after PT, took a scooter ride... 2 miles to PT and back and Earl gives me assignment to go to Bartel Drugs (for tea bags on sale) after Surf Shack, Dollar store for a funnel and Haggen market to get him 2 sour dough rolls! I told him... I already went 2 miles on the scooter battery. Sure enough, a block away from home the battery dies... I'd just been to the ATT store, too, having them look at my phone because it is not working right either! So when the scooter battery dies, I try to call Earl on my phone and it won't dial out! Tried over and over and then this man comes up the street on foot so I asked him if he had a cell phone I could borrow for a minute!! He was very nice and dialed the number for me! So Earl had to come on the red scooter to rescue me, Zoey, the goods I bought and the broken down scooter! UGH! Almost afraid to touch any of my techy toys tonight!!

TOPS... down 1 1/2 lb. PT.... made it through a whole hour of Water exercise today!! And getting ready to take Zoey for a walk.

Three consecutive days of sun, so not surprised it's supposed to be cooler, cloudy and rainy tomorrow!!

Gotta go... Earl wants to go for a walk now. CBL!!

Good Evening! I am electronically jinxed this week I think! Watching TV and on the laptop last night and suddenly the power went off and I was in the dark. When it came back on a few seconds later, no sound on the TV. Earl had just gone to bed so I went and told him... mistake! He got up and stressed for 15 minutes or so before I persuaded him to go back to bed. Couldn't get it back on this morning, so called Comcast. They came this afternoon and all is well after he pushed a few buttons. He doesn't even know how he fixed it, but Earl had tried everything.

So this afternoon, after PT, took a scooter ride... 2 miles to PT and back and Earl gives me assignment to go to Bartel Drugs (for tea bags on sale) after Surf Shack, Dollar store for a funnel and Haggen market to get him 2 sour dough rolls! I told him... I already went 2 miles on the scooter battery. Sure enough, a block away from home the battery dies... I'd just been to the ATT store, too, having them look at my phone because it is not working right either! So when the scooter battery dies, I try to call Earl on my phone and it won't dial out! Tried over and over and then this man comes up the street on foot so I asked him if he had a cell phone I could borrow for a minute!! He was very nice and dialed the number for me! So Earl had to come on the red scooter to rescue me, Zoey, the goods I bought and the broken down scooter! UGH! Almost afraid to touch any of my techy toys tonight!!

TOPS... down 1 1/2 lb. PT.... made it through a whole hour of Water exercise today!! And getting ready to take Zoey for a walk.

Three consecutive days of sun, so not surprised it's supposed to be cooler, cloudy and rainy tomorrow!!

Gotta go... Earl wants to go for a walk now. CBL!!

OH Phyl your antics on the scooter had me laughing... Janet you are right about the eating, it isn't even FUN anymore, nothing tastes as good as it should.... so its tirme to quit.

No, I havn't spoken to Bryan about 'their' issues, as he does not know that DD told me anything... SO I just emailed HIM and HER and told them the CAMPER was available for a camping trip... perhaps if they get on the road together in a little adventure... they can have some quiet time to talk. 2 yrs ago we were all in France together and had such a fine time... They were REALLY happy then... I hope they can get baack to that.

Petie is away for a couple of days, so I just finished watching 2 movies... the first one was o.k. Summer in Genoa... which was nice cause I remembered being on all the same streets in January.. Genoa is such a beautiful quaint city... but the plot was lacking.

2nd movie was with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher...he is such a babe!!!! OMG.... it had me LOL many times.. so that is a GOOD movie.

Phyl, men....can't live with them & can't kill them... Glad you made it home safe and sound. I hate when techy stuff goes down. I think it knows that we don't know what we are doing and gives us grief. But as soon as a tech person comes along, they get scared and behave. Glad you are getting some nice weather. We are raining off and on.

Candice, use peat moss and coffee grounds to get your soil acidic. Also, I know that vinegar will kill weeds and grass. So I am going to use that from now on. I love creeping jenny and wooly thyme. I use the jenny in my pond as a Water plant and the wooly time inbetween stepping stone.

I have a delema (sp), my brother bought my SIL a new long arm quilter and she is offering me her old "long arm" (technically a mid-arm) quilter for $5000 (Candice it is a sweet 16). I can't afford that outright, but she says she will take what ever I can afford each month, even if it takes forever to pay it off. I want it bad, But do I need it??? Should I really take on another debt?

Janet, I wish I could grow roses like you do. I use to have 150 roses in my yard, but now I only have 3. That is easier to take care off. I lean towards miniatures on their own root. That way if the die clear to the ground they won't come back wild. What type are you getting?

Good Morning Peeps

Phyl - Hugs on your tech issues - when the box (tv) goes out like that just unplug it for a few and then plug it back in and reboot - it usually works for me.. Too bad those batteries are so heavy - I would carry an extra one w/me ;0) CONGRATULATION on your 1.5 lbs !!!!! Keep it up girl !!!!

Candice LOL on food not tasting as good - that's the truth - when I'm eating something I think omg this isn't what I remember - so I just toss it.. I am great at tossing. Well I would at least feel Brian out about the issues - do you think DD has met someone else during her travels.

Karla - Why would they sell it to you - they should give it to you - I would take it pay $10 a month ;0) and not worry about it - that's stupid to sell it to family - if I had one got a new one - I would give it to you!!! I don't know crap about growing stuff ;0) I know roses are easy and I love flowers just ask the girls - I have slik ones all over my house. I don't know what kind - I just pick out what I like ;0) What do I have to do to get the soil ready..

Well time to hit the showers... CBL

HUGS & LOVE TOO ALL

Phyl, men....can't live with them & can't kill them... Glad you made it home safe and sound. I hate when techy stuff goes down. I think it knows that we don't know what we are doing and gives us grief. But as soon as a tech person comes along, they get scared and behave. Glad you are getting some nice weather. We are raining off and on.

Candice, use peat moss and coffee grounds to get your soil acidic. Also, I know that vinegar will kill weeds and grass. So I am going to use that from now on. I love creeping jenny and wooly thyme. I use the jenny in my pond as a Water plant and the wooly time inbetween stepping stone.

Oh Karla, you misunderstood. My soil IS VERYACIDIC, I need to make it more alkaline... and that is an unhill unwinable battle...As I have 30 Pine Trees (drop needles), Oak trees 10, and Maples... oh I cant even count the buggers!!! So i have just resigned myself to not having Daisies...

I have a delema (sp), my brother bought my SIL a new long arm quilter and she is offering me her old "long arm" (technically a mid-arm) quilter for $5000 (Candice it is a sweet 16). I can't afford that outright, but she says she will take what ever I can afford each month, even if it takes forever to pay it off. I want it bad, But do I need it??? Should I really take on another debt?

Man, I have to say I agree with Janet on this one .... They should GIVE you the machine... its used... DONT offer to pay anything, say "wow, that's cool, but I cannot afford it, now or in the future" Just be honest.... If they don't get generous and give it to you, then it is NOT meant to be. $ 5000 would look real gond put down on your mortgage!!!!

Janet, I wish I could grow roses like you do. I use to have 150 roses in my yard, but now I only have 3. That is easier to take care off. I lean towards miniatures on their own root. That way if the die clear to the ground they won't come back wild. What type are you getting?

Good Morning Peeps

Phyl - Hugs on your tech issues - when the box (tv) goes out like that just unplug it for a few and then plug it back in and reboot - it usually works for me.. Too bad those batteries are so heavy - I would carry an extra one w/me ;0) CONGRATULATION on your 1.5 lbs !!!!! Keep it up girl !!!!

Candice LOL on food not tasting as good - that's the truth - when I'm eating something I think omg this isn't what I remember - so I just toss it.. I am great at tossing. Well I would at least feel Brian out about the issues - do you think DD has met someone else during her travels.

Karla - Why would they sell it to you - they should give it to you - I would take it pay $10 a month ;0) and not worry about it - that's stupid to sell it to family - if I had one got a new one - I would give it to you!!! I don't know crap about growing stuff ;0) I know roses are easy and I love flowers just ask the girls - I have slik ones all over my house. I don't know what kind - I just pick out what I like ;0) What do I have to do to get the soil ready..

Well time to hit the showers... CBL

HUGS & LOVE TOO ALL

Hugs everybody

I joined WW today.... I am a lifetime member anyways... so I'll track pts and go weight in once per week, I am NOT going to step on my scalae at home...

Good Evening Gang

Candice Glad to hear you are going to WW - I think it's a great way to learn to eat healthy and helps you be accountable - I gotta say all that I have learned about eating healthy came from my WW days.. It's how I eat today - I know their point system changed - just bought some snack fudgecicles last night - you get 2 for 90 cal or 1 ww pt - well let me tell you they are very small - but you get 2..

I see Phyl got a epdural (sp) back better but leg feeling weird - Phyl hope its better by now..

Karla - how many more days of school

Well at 2 get email - the other lawyer want's 3 yrs tax returns - correspondence - names and address of all the partners - copy of partnership papers.. meeting at 9 tomorrow - wish me luck..

Janet, for your roses you need good drainage and they like acidic soil. The love moisture, but not wet feet. So you probably need to add some compost, don't get steer manure, something like Eco-compost or any good compost that you have locally, then add some Soil-pep for drainage, and maybe some peat moss. If you have clay soil, add some sand. I use to mix equal parts of topsoil, compost, Soil-pep, sand, and peat moss.

Thanks for putting the quilt machine in perspective. Yep I want it, but I can't justify $5000 now or ever. You are right, that would make a good dent on the mortgage. I'm going to say what you guys said, "I want it, can't afford it, so go ahead and sell it." If they offer to give it to me, you bet, I'll jump at it. But I can't justify that hanging over my head.

Just got home from dinner at an old friends that I haven't seen in years. We use to be very close, even went on vacation together. We had a nice time and the steak was devine!!! I am going to clean up my BBQ and do a little more cooking. I had about 2 oz of steak, 1/4 cup of green Beans, and 3 bites of potatoe and was full. So I guess my restriction is good. I also had a glass of wine. Overall a great evening.

The river is rising fast, it even is making the news. could be interesting!

Well need to do a few things before bed time. Taking the students on a field trip tomorrow, pulling weeds and hiking...the forecast...90% chance of rain. FUN an entire day in the rain with 6th graders. bleck.

Good Evening Gang

Candice Glad to hear you are going to WW - I think it's a great way to learn to eat healthy and helps you be accountable - I gotta say all that I have learned about eating healthy came from my WW days.. It's how I eat today - I know their point system changed - just bought some snack fudgecicles last night - you get 2 for 90 cal or 1 ww pt - well let me tell you they are very small - but you get 2..

Ya, thanks, I know the accountability thing is HUGE for me... so day 2, and I'm doing fine. Went fruit and veggie shopping after my ahem, quilt class... So the house is properly stocked again,. and since my small defill, I can eat more veggies without getting stuck all the time.. so that is good.

Janet: Hugs on the lawyer/tax stuff, I know its not your forte and you hate the spreadsheets, but I sure hope the "partners" appreciate all the work and stress you take on... sheesh... I hope it all comes to an end shortly for you and the property sells!

I see Phyl got a epdural (sp) back better but leg feeling weird - Phyl hope its better by now..

Karla - how many more days of school

Well at 2 get email - the other lawyer want's 3 yrs tax returns - correspondence - names and address of all the partners - copy of partnership papers.. meeting at 9 tomorrow - wish me luck..

Janet, for your roses you need good drainage and they like acidic soil. The love moisture, but not wet feet. So you probably need to add some compost, don't get steer manure, something like Eco-compost or any good compost that you have locally, then add some Soil-pep for drainage, and maybe some peat moss. If you have clay soil, add some sand. I use to mix equal parts of topsoil, compost, Soil-pep, sand, and peat moss.

Thanks for putting the quilt machine in perspective. Yep I want it, but I can't justify $5000 now or ever. You are right, that would make a good dent on the mortgage. I'm going to say what you guys said, "I want it, can't afford it, so go ahead and sell it." If they offer to give it to me, you bet, I'll jump at it. But I can't justify that hanging over my head.

Just got home from dinner at an old friends that I haven't seen in years. We use to be very close, even went on vacation together. We had a nice time and the steak was devine!!! I am going to clean up my BBQ and do a little more cooking. I had about 2 oz of steak, 1/4 cup of green Beans, and 3 bites of potatoe and was full. So I guess my restriction is good. I also had a glass of wine. Overall a great evening.

The river is rising fast, it even is making the news. could be interesting!

Well need to do a few things before bed time. Taking the students on a field trip tomorrow, pulling weeds and hiking...the forecast...90% chance of rain. FUN an entire day in the rain with 6th graders. bleck.

Great news on the 2 oz of steak and the nice gettogether!! Girlie evening are always fun!.. Hope the river calms down and stays where it is supposed to!!!:o

Yeh, it rained here today too... Very hot this a.m. 90ish, then HUGE thundershowers... now it is cooling off again... I had just turned my AC on for the first time today !!!! Probably tomorrow, I'll turn it off agian...

Vaccumming and cleaning today, tomorrow and Friday... my Welsh friends arrive on Sat.:P

Good Evening Gang

Met w/Trustee of Bro estate - good and bad - time will tell - I am leaving it up to God - not much else I can do ... Information over load..

Today - work - food bf yogurt greek - lunch salad - dinner fish - snack this afternoon popcorn..

Karla - thanks for the tips - I gotta wait till the pull up the base of the honeysuckles then I will prep the soil

Candice - WTG shopping -

Well i'm starving . going to go cook my dinner .

cbl

hugs

Round up is toxic? OMG, we use it all the time. They market it as being safe. We really have no chance, we are all gonna die, literally. Candice, we drove by Monsanto on our way to the plantation. My Dad had a friend at Monsanto that gave him a bucket of very very concentrated Round Up years age. DH just finished using the last of it this year. That's why cancer is the highest around here, the Mississippi washes everyone's poison straight down to us. I can't stop thinking about Phyl saying her friend had to take a pill she couldn't touch. That is soooo horrifying to me.

Another thing about poison, I have a rose garden, roses get diseases, black spot, bugs, powdery mildew, they must be sprayed with poison, Mine don't look too hot, cause I don't want DH spray them, it scares me. My uncle died in his late 60, early 70, and they brought him back. Heart stopped. The doctors said it was because he was spraying his roses and he stayed in the clothes all day with the poison on them. The rose spray stopped his heart. He really died in his 80s with NO heart disease. If you are gonna get roses, research ones with high disease resistance, and research organic sprays. Barbara Streisand, lavender with fabulous smell, high resistance

School is really stressful right now. I have to interview for my job on Monday. It's a job I have had for 5 years already. Our school is being reorganized because of a grant. But, it is way more than that. The stress is really bad. I can't eat. I throw up everything I try to eat. Today, I realized, hey maybe it is stress. I don't admit or notice that stress gets to me, but maybe it is. IDK, Many teachers are leaving our school, they do not like our new principal, but she has to interview for her job too. But, it's pretty much a given, she will get it. People way more qualified than her will apply, but she will get it. Our area is REALLY REALLY corrupt, it's just disgusting.

Denise, I like the minatures for our climate, Jeanne Lejoie is my favorite. But you are right about roses. When I showed roses, I used lots of chemicals, but I quite showing and now I am down to only 3. I don't bother with spray anymore. Hugs on the school issues. Is the reconstruction the result of AYP? We have been lucky so far in meeting AYP, but this year I high school science scores were low. Even though my student's scores were excellent, I am having to justify everything. We are suppose to get new textbooks and I have always made the selection, but now even though I researched for over a year, the superintendent is making the selection. What a bunch of crap. I'm getting to the point I don't care anymore. Hang in there, I am sure that you will get your job back. Just through around the lingo and they will be impressed. Sad but true. You are a good teacher, so don't let them get to you!!!

Last day!!! Just need to get through. Won't go into all the drama and pain's in my butt, but it will be nice to be done!! food yesterday sucked, stress ate. Came home and got the last plant planted!!! Our field trip was cancelled because of rain and flash flood warnings. The students were great about it. I had all 80 of them in my classroom most of the day and I was impressed with how they conducted themselves. Nice thing was that I got most of my room packed up for the summer.

Well, best get to it, have a good day.

Oh Janet, I don't understand all the legal crap either, but I hope things work out. What a pain, not only do you have to deal with loosing a brother, dealing with lawyers can be such a pain, (huggs).

Good Morning Gang

Yep Denise - chemicals they say are safe aren't I agree it's one of the reasons for all the cancer in the world - Hugs on the weather - just heard it on the news this a.m. and though of you .. Stress will make me really tight even when you don't know you are stressed - school will be done soon so hopefully that's something to look forward to..

Karla - y ou showed roses -how cool - I spray mine with soap kind of mixture that says it's green product - but I got some bug eating the new leaves - I don't see any on the roses but you can see where they are eating the leaves..

Well another day - 2 to go till weekend

Oh - I am going to be a Great Aunt (again) but this is my nephew Jimbo (bro Jimmy who died in 99) well gf is 5 weeks pg - baby should be due 1st of Feb - my bro's bday 2/3 - it would be so cool if it was born on 2/3 and a boy - nephew says if it's a boy it's going to be James Wright IV ;0) I am really happy - hope it's a boy - need to carry on the Wright name ;0)

Well that's my news - for the day - have gym tonite - cbl

GOOD EVENING PEEPS -

QUITE HERE TODAY .... GYM GOT CANCELLED - SO DECIDED I NEEDED SOME KIND OF EXERCISE - SO TOOK BELLA ON A WALK (THE OTHER 2 HAVE HIP/KNEE ISSUES FOR A LONG WALK) WE WALKED THE WHOLE DEVELOPMENT - MAYBE 2 MILES WAS GONE ABOUT 40 MINUTES - STOPPED AND TALKED TO SOME GIRL WASHING HER CAR..

WORK WAS WORK - food TODAY - STRAWBERRIES & WHIP CREAM FOR BF - snack - popcorn - GREEN salad FOR lunch - dinner - WILL BE FISH & BUTTERNUT SQUASH ..

CANDICE - WHAT DAY IS YOU WW MEETING DAY??? HOW ARE YOU DOING.

DENISE - WHEN IS SCHOOL DONE

LINDA - HOW'S IT GOING FOR YOU..

KARRI - SEE YOU ARE BACK IN OREGON

PHYL - WHAT'S UP W/YOU

KARLA - HOW WAS YOUR DAY - HOW'S YOUR FILL

I'M NOT YELLING JUST LAZY TO TAKE OFF CAPS AND IT';S EASIER TO READ ANYWAY - LOL

Round up is toxic? OMG, we use it all the time. They market it as being safe. We really have no chance, we are all gonna die, literally. Candice, we drove by Monsanto on our way to the plantation. My Dad had a friend at Monsanto that gave him a bucket of very very concentrated Round Up years age. DH just finished using the last of it this year. That's why cancer is the highest around here, the Mississippi washes everyone's poison straight down to us. I can't stop thinking about Phyl saying her friend had to take a pill she couldn't touch. That is soooo horrifying to me.

Another thing about poison, I have a rose garden, roses get diseases, black spot, bugs, powdery mildew, they must be sprayed with poison, Mine don't look too hot, cause I don't want DH spray them, it scares me. My uncle died in his late 60, early 70, and they brought him back. Heart stopped. The doctors said it was because he was spraying his roses and he stayed in the clothes all day with the poison on them. The rose spray stopped his heart. He really died in his 80s with NO heart disease. If you are gonna get roses, research ones with high disease resistance, and research organic sprays. Barbara Streisand, lavender with fabulous smell, high resistance

Denise:CANT tell you how nice it is to have you posting regularily again...:D What I do with my roses is spray them with a Homemade concoction of stuff in my kitchen... If you want to try it... 2 cups Water, 1 Tbspn OIL, 2 tsp Dish soap, 1 Tblspn of CAYANNE Pepper. Now becareful not to inhale while mixing cause you will sneeze... Put it all in a spray bottle. I use this on ALL my plants that tend to get affids, bugs etc... ALSO in my rose garden I plant LAVENDAR plants as well, then I call it my FRAGRANT garden... ha,ha,ha....

School is really stressful right now. I have to interview for my job on Monday. It's a job I have had for 5 years already. Our school is being reorganized because of a grant. But, it is way more than that. The stress is really bad. I can't eat. I throw up everything I try to eat. Today, I realized, hey maybe it is stress. I don't admit or notice that stress gets to me, but maybe it is. IDK, Many teachers are leaving our school, they do not like our new principal, but she has to interview for her job too. But, it's pretty much a given, she will get it. People way more qualified than her will apply, but she will get it. Our area is REALLY REALLY corrupt, it's just disgusting.

HUGS on the school stuff, hopefully your misery will be over soon... I hate that when the best person for the job dosn't get it...grrrrr

Denise, I like the minatures for our climate, Jeanne Lejoie is my favorite. But you are right about roses. When I showed roses, I used lots of chemicals, but I quite showing and now I am down to only 3. I don't bother with spray anymore. Hugs on the school issues. Is the reconstruction the result of AYP? We have been lucky so far in meeting AYP, but this year I high school science scores were low. Even though my student's scores were excellent, I am having to justify everything. We are suppose to get new textbooks and I have always made the selection, but now even though I researched for over a year, the superintendent is making the selection. What a bunch of crap. I'm getting to the point I don't care anymore. Hang in there, I am sure that you will get your job back. Just through around the lingo and they will be impressed. Sad but true. You are a good teacher, so don't let them get to you!!!

Last day!!! Just need to get through. Won't go into all the drama and pain's in my butt, but it will be nice to be done!! food yesterday sucked, stress ate. Came home and got the last plant planted!!! Our field trip was cancelled because of rain and flash flood warnings. The students were great about it. I had all 80 of them in my classroom most of the day and I was impressed with how they conducted themselves. Nice thing was that I got most of my room packed up for the summer.

Well, best get to it, have a good day.

Oh Janet, I don't understand all the legal crap either, but I hope things work out. What a pain, not only do you have to deal with loosing a brother, dealing with lawyers can be such a pain, (huggs).

Karla; whoop, whoop on the last day of school!!! Wow, that has to feel awesome! Are you gonna teach summer school this year? or just stay at the Nursery...? How is the bladder? no more leaks? My sis got hers done this past winter in Mexico... they treated her like a queen, and now she says "oh, I wish I'd done it years ago".... its made such a big difference to her.

Good Morning Gang

Yep Denise - chemicals they say are safe aren't I agree it's one of the reasons for all the cancer in the world - Hugs on the weather - just heard it on the news this a.m. and though of you .. Stress will make me really tight even when you don't know you are stressed - school will be done soon so hopefully that's something to look forward to..

Karla - y ou showed roses -how cool - I spray mine with soap kind of mixture that says it's green product - but I got some bug eating the new leaves - I don't see any on the roses but you can see where they are eating the leaves..

Well another day - 2 to go till weekend

Oh - I am going to be a Great Aunt (again) but this is my nephew Jimbo (bro Jimmy who died in 99) well gf is 5 weeks pg - baby should be due 1st of Feb - my bro's bday 2/3 - it would be so cool if it was born on 2/3 and a boy - nephew says if it's a boy it's going to be James Wright IV ;0) I am really happy - hope it's a boy - need to carry on the Wright name ;0)

Well that's my news - for the day - have gym tonite - cbl

Janet; congrats on the new baby... how cool for you! There will be NO babies iin my future I am afraid!! Career daughter!!! ARGH!! My w/i day is TUES. So I've been T, W, Th... 3 whole days of being accountable...yeah! Although yesterday, I think I finally had my withdrawal cum-upance... I was mad at Mark and had a really bad headache most of the afternoon, then we had a gig to do... they FORGOT to make out our cheque... so no pay!! (they'll mail it later)

Woke up this a.m. with the same headache... so now I am drinking my coffee with skim milk and coffeemate... do you know I have to count that damn drink for 2 pts....!! even though its all sugar free. oh well, you can eat well on 29 pts... I have not dug into my BONUS pts, nor do I eat my activity pts either... but I know this week when my company comes from England, we will be drinking... so I'll use my bonus pts towards that!

PHYL": how you doing girl since your back shot? I hope it is helping with the pain... do you have swimming classes in WA? I know how much you loved it...

LInda; where are you girl?