Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

GOOD EVENING GANG

HAD LATE GYM TONITE - GOT DOGS FEED - PICKED UP A LITTLE - GETTING READY TO HIT THE COUCH

WELL THINK THEY GOT IT ALL TO BALANCE (ACCOUNTING FOR BRO'S ESTATE) IT SHOULD BE ALL DONE THIS MONTH... YEP WILL BE GLAD IT'S ALL DONE..

PHYL - HUGS ON THE HEART ISSUE - I TOOK THE FEN PHEN BACK IN THE DAY - BUT I ONLY TOOK 1 NOT LIKE 3 - WAS IN A STUDY WHEN THEY 1ST TOOK IT OFF THE MARKET - LUCKY NO ISSUES - WILL THEY MAKE YOU DO TREADMILL - CAN YOU EVEN - WON'T THEY DO A NUCLEAR TEST INSTEAD - PRAYERS THAT EVERYTHING IS OK.. ANOTHER DOG LOL - ANDREW GOT A DOG LIKE YOUR - WE WILL SEE HOW LONG HE KEEPS IT.. HUGS ON THE WEATHER - IT WAS LIKE 85 TODAY - UNHEARD OF ON JUNE 2ND..

LINDA GLAD YOU GOT SOME SUN ;0)

CANDICE - ALL YOU CAN DO ABOUT DD IS GIVE YOUR 2 CENT - THEN STEP BACK - IT'S HER LIFE - HER CHOICES AND HER CONSEQUENCES - I JUST WOULDN'T GET ALL JAZZED ABOUT ANYMORE WEDDINGS - TELL HER SHE CAN GO TO VEGAS ;0)..

HOPE THIS CONCERN ISN'T DRIVING YOU TO THE WRONG FOODS -

KARRI - HOW LONG WILL YOU BE AT HOME (OREGON) BEFORE YOU HEAD BACK THIS WAY - IF YOU GUYS WANT TO USE MY HOUSE AS A PIT STOP - YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

KARLA - HOWS THE FILL GOING..

Janet, I think we are going to take you up on that. We are leaving Oregon on the 18th and staying with Lee' sister in Reno until early in the morning on the 20th. We would make it to your house around 6-7 PM and then leave in the morning on the 21st if that is alright. The trip has us going right through Indio and it is only 2.5 hours away from Yuma...I couldn't visit quite a bit! I let you know for sure what the plans are when we get through the next week.

Only four and a half days until we leave for OR. We are getting a hitch put on the car right now and we will be leaving on June 7 hopefully by noon so that we can make it to graduation on the 9th.

Well I have to wander all over the building getting signatures so I should probably get off my rear end and get busy.

Karri

Too cold to be outside again today. I suppose it's good as I got sunburned yesterday.

I spent the morning working on the project that we started last night. I sure am getting practice threading the needle! It's a netting that coves a round Christmas tree ornament, and can be adapted for other things. I'm sure with practice I'll make fewer mistakes. . . I have an appointment with an ear doctor this aft. To see if there's anything I can do about the constant ringing in my ears. I think I have some hearing loss in one ear as well-too much loud music in my 20s.

Tonight we get to babysit, so Im happy about that.

Phyl, I hate the way the doctor told you that he wants you to see a cardiologist without telling you why. Like that's good for you to sit and worry about it for 2 weeks! WhTs up with these guys?

Candice, I hope that your friends coming will be a good distractiion. Try to keep us posted.

Karla, looking for an update post-fill. Starting to see some movement? Hurrah for summer break!

Phyl, keep us informed. I'll ask my DD and see if she has as soon any ideas why the doc would send you to cardiologist, remember she is a PA at Idaho Heart Institute. But I am pretty sure that is can't be critical or they wouldn't be waiting 2 weeks. I'd also call your regular doctor and ask why they made the referral. I'll also ask DD if there are other options besides the treadmill.

So far so good with the fill. My portions are smaller and I'm not having trouble with sticking. I'm still not restricted enough, but I need to leave it for a couple of months. I know that as soon as I'm out of school that I won't care about eating. Yep, only 3 1/2 more days of students. For the most part things are going well. The kids are being great. The staff...not so much. With all the rifting and cuts, everyone is bitching. I am just about as bad as everyone else.

Phyl, do you think your bead lady would mind if I joined the group that she allows to use her business # for FireMountain. I have my eye on some beads for a bracelett. That or I could send you the order with a check and you could have it shipped to me.

Candice, how are things going with DD? Hang in there. By the way, you never answered whether I could take Mark home? (The guy who sings with you, can't remember the name, but he is rather cute.)

Linda, how is retirement? I am so envious, getting to stay home!!! But only 10 years and 3 1/2 days....I'll make it. I hope.

Janet, hopefully the last bit of legal stuff will go easy!!!

Phyl, keep us informed. I'll ask my DD and see if she has as soon any ideas why the doc would send you to cardiologist, remember she is a PA at Idaho Heart Institute. But I am pretty sure that is can't be critical or they wouldn't be waiting 2 weeks. I'd also call your regular doctor and ask why they made the referral. I'll also ask DD if there are other options besides the treadmill.

So far so good with the fill. My portions are smaller and I'm not having trouble with sticking. I'm still not restricted enough, but I need to leave it for a couple of months. I know that as soon as I'm out of school that I won't care about eating. Yep, only 3 1/2 more days of students. For the most part things are going well. The kids are being great. The staff...not so much. With all the rifting and cuts, everyone is bitching. I am just about as bad as everyone else.

Phyl, do you think your bead lady would mind if I joined the group that she allows to use her business # for FireMountain. I have my eye on some beads for a bracelett. That or I could send you the order with a check and you could have it shipped to me.

Candice, how are things going with DD? Hang in there. By the way, you never answered whether I could take Mark home? (The guy who sings with you, can't remember the name, but he is rather cute.)

Linda, how is retirement? I am so envious, getting to stay home!!! But only 10 years and 3 1/2 days....I'll make it. I hope.

Janet, hopefully the last bit of legal stuff will go easy!!!

Ha,ha, Karla! Yes you can take Mark home with your.... You'd get along fine...he's a HANDY man, actually a cert. Brick Layer and CHef! Just not a very motivated guy, sweet dispostion... but YOU'd Be supporting him $$$$$ he has No money of his own...:(

Well DD had a nice long CHAT with her Dad on Thurs. and today on the phone she sounded good (happy) Hope it lasts... who knows... we have to bow out for the time being.. they are getting counseling and that is all good news!!!

Janet; yup I've been worried about DD but honestly I cannot blame my sugar choices on that, I was struggling before that... trying to get back on the band wagon after the TRIP, now I have company coming in 1 week, so I'll not be following good rules then either.. But, once they are gone, I'm going back to WW... where I have to get weighed weekly... that's the plan.

How's the Ranch situation, any more news??

Denise, I'm, slowly getting my pictures up on Facebook, so its nice re-seeing everything we saw... I wanna come BACK!!!! Loved La.

Okay Candice, how about if I just borrow him for a yard slave for a month?

Crazy day at work. BUSY, nice weather, it was sweet. All the pond plants came in, so I had to clean and set up two above grounds pons to get the plants in Water. Worked my tail off, but got it done. Today will be busy as well since our weather is doing great. Came home and Rounduped all the weeds. finished about 8 pm, so short night.

Just trying to get things done!

Have a great day!

Okay Candice, how about if I just borrow him for a yard slave for a month?

Crazy day at work. BUSY, nice weather, it was sweet. All the pond plants came in, so I had to clean and set up two above grounds pons to get the plants in Water. Worked my tail off, but got it done. Today will be busy as well since our weather is doing great. Came home and Rounduped all the weeds. finished about 8 pm, so short night.

Just trying to get things done!

Have a great day!

Round UP??? Why are you still using that? It has been outlawed for use in Canada... very bad for the environment. Surely you sell something else at the Nursery... have a look

hum, Candice, I hadn't heard that about Roundup. Is it primarily because of it entering Water ways? What do you guys use for killing off unwanted grass and weeds?

Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday, some computer issues.

Lovely day yesterday, we made it to 81, rather glorious. Naturally busy at the nursery. Came home and had a Mike's Hard Lemonaide light and sat on my deck for awhile. Then needed to fertilize everything and bait the grasshoppers. Of course after baiting the grasshoppers it rained last night. So much for the bait.

Only 3 & 1/2 days!!!

Karla, your energy is amazing. I could never keep up with you. Janet too, for that matter. You two are really know now to burn up the calories. Good for you! There is a lot of work to be done here before my sister comes in early July. I wish Mel would take a day to help me. Likely not.

My hip/leg is getting better. I still limp when I walk and it hurts if I overdo, but all in all I can see improvement week to week. Hopefully that will continue as I am going to mindy's on thursday. I have a lay over in atlanta and that is a big airport, so lots of walking. Then when I get to bentonville, she'll want to go shopping, so I'll have to keep up with her. I'll be taking some pain pills along just in case. . . She's talking about a trip to Europe this fall, specifically, the eastern Mediterranean countries. That would be fun. I don't think Mel will want to go, so it might be just the two of us. I'm glad that the surgery is behind me.

Candice must be busy with her company. Hope she sort of sticks to the plan so that she doesn't feel regrets when they leave. I better remind myself of that while I'm at Mindy's. . .

The weather was perfect yesterday, so no complaints about that today. We just had a line of storms pass through, but the sky behind them looks clear, so hopefully it will be a nice afternoon. As soon as the deck dries up, I'm gonna head out there!

Karla, your energy is amazing. I could never keep up with you. Janet too, for that matter. You two are really know now to burn up the calories. Good for you! There is a lot of work to be done here before my sister comes in early July. I wish Mel would take a day to help me. Likely not.

My hip/leg is getting better. I still limp when I walk and it hurts if I overdo, but all in all I can see improvement week to week. Hopefully that will continue as I am going to mindy's on thursday. I have a lay over in atlanta and that is a big airport, so lots of walking. Then when I get to bentonville, she'll want to go shopping, so I'll have to keep up with her. I'll be taking some pain pills along just in case. . . She's talking about a trip to Europe this fall, specifically, the eastern Mediterranean countries. That would be fun. I don't think Mel will want to go, so it might be just the two of us. I'm glad that the surgery is behind me.

Candice must be busy with her company. Hope she sort of sticks to the plan so that she doesn't feel regrets when they leave. I better remind myself of that while I'm at Mindy's. . .

The weather was perfect yesterday, so no complaints about that today. We just had a line of storms pass through, but the sky behind them looks clear, so hopefully it will be a nice afternoon. As soon as the deck dries up, I'm gonna head out there!

Hi girls; here's the Scoop on Round UP....

One specific inert ingredient, polyethoxylated tallowamine, or POEA, was more deadly to human embryonic, placental and umbilical cord cells than the herbicide itself — a finding the researchers call “astonishing.”

“This clearly confirms that the [inert ingredients] in Roundup formulations are not inert,” wrote the study authors from France’s University of Caen. “Moreover, the proprietary mixtures available on the market could cause cell damage and even death [at the] residual levels” found on Roundup-treated crops, such as soybeans, alfalfa and corn, or lawns and gardens.

Think about it: Roundup has been around since the early 1970s. And if 100 million pounds of Roundup are used per year, that’s about forty billion pounds of Roundup we’ve been exposed to since its inception. And if you didn’t know this, prepare to cry. Monsanto is not only the world’s leading producer of weed-killer that also kills human cells—they’re also the leading producer of genetically engineered seeds (GMOs), which means somewhere between 70 and 100 percent market share for a variety of crops—namely corn and soy—which makes up the diet of factory-farmed cows and chickens, which are then eaten by humans.

Pretty scary indeed,

wonder why the cancer rates are soaring! I currently have 2 friends battling Breast Cancer and several with prostate cancer...

LInda; have a great time with Mindi, the Eastern Med sounds wonderful, would that include the Holy Land as well.... sounds like a wonderful trip.

Candice, thanks for the info on Roundup, I just assumed it was because it got into the Water ways and then impacted the water plants. That is scarey. I won't be using it again. Especially with Elyse and the baby being around.

Linda, we also just had a line of storms go through, but I got 2 more pots planted before they started. I don't have THAT much energy, it is just needing to get things done. I am looking forward to Friday, a day off!!!! I hope to get most of the pond built and then finish up the area inside the fence so I can sit on the deck and enjoy. I do want to know WHAT I was thinking when I thought those 5 huge maples were just perfect. I have never seen a tree that is so messy. I understand the leaves in the fall (2 pickup loads), but what is with the flowers, then the seeds, then the nector. My car is just coated with sticky stuff, so are all my plants and deck. I am wondering what the pond will be like when I get it done. I think I am going to have to cover it in the fall while the leaves drop. bleck!!!

Well need some dinner. I sure am envious of your guy's trips...someday!!

Candice, thanks for the info on Roundup, I just assumed it was because it got into the Water ways and then impacted the water plants. That is scarey. I won't be using it again. Especially with Elyse and the baby being around.

Linda, we also just had a line of storms go through, but I got 2 more pots planted before they started. I don't have THAT much energy, it is just needing to get things done. I am looking forward to Friday, a day off!!!! I hope to get most of the pond built and then finish up the area inside the fence so I can sit on the deck and enjoy. I do want to know WHAT I was thinking when I thought those 5 huge maples were just perfect. I have never seen a tree that is so messy. I understand the leaves in the fall (2 pickup loads), but what is with the flowers, then the seeds, then the nector. My car is just coated with sticky stuff, so are all my plants and deck. I am wondering what the pond will be like when I get it done. I think I am going to have to cover it in the fall while the leaves drop. bleck!!!

Ya, I know the ROundup is scarry... but we all just have to get used to PICKING our dandelions out of our lawns from now on... I am STILL fighting with Peter. I don't want him using WEED and FEED either... I figure ANYTHING that you put on the lawn is not good, your little doggies run around in it constantly, their little paws absorb the chemicals and their TINY livers can't detox them quick enought.. Lawn stuff just isn't safe... So my lawn is full of weeds (we just mow them, its still green) plus I get so little sunlight in my yard, mostly I grow MOSS really well, plus some 'walk upons' thyme, irish moss, creeping Jenny( it does very well in my acidic soil) ALSO, I've given up on fancy varieties of stuff... If a plant does not like an ACID environment then I don't bother with it... oh yeah, and draught tollerant would be good too...

What I grow WELL, is Hostas, Heukera (SP?), Iris's, Poppies, Bachelor Buttons, Bleeding Hearts, Sedam(any kind), Astilbe.... thats about it....oh and roses do so-so...OH yeas, and Peonies do well in my yard too...

I just transplanted a ROSE OF SHARON... I dug it up from my Mom's old house 8 yrs ago, and had it in a not too sunny location... WEll, this yr - I figured I'd better nurture it some more, cause it may outlast my Mother....So I dug it up and put it in a really sunny spot and gave it lots of Bone Meal.... Now the dog is attracted to it!!! :angry: So gotta keep Bridget from rolling in the dirt over there...

Nice, nice afternoon here... sat out and read for a long time...make myself some BAJEAN Rum punch...... Oh LInda, I may have an good substiture for Bacardi's Long Island Iced Tea!!!! My GF from Barbados gave me the recipe a few yrs ago.... YUMMMMMM

Oh I forgot about the MAPLE trees, ya they are messy little bastards, I've had to clean out my Eavstroughs TWICE already, I sweep and the crap off the trees is out there again... This is just the budding season, then come the freeking KEYS, ACORNS from the Oaks!!!! But you are coming in the FALL right to RAKE for me.... remember you promissed KARLA!!!!

Good Evening Peeps

Took the weekend off..

Linda - LOL I have energy sometimes - sometimes I don't - I find that since I cut my exercise back to 3 days a week I am feeling better.. Glad your hip is healing well. The trip w/Mandy sounds great

Candice - Just cuz you have company doesn't mean you have to go totally hog wild - Get back on the band wagon girl... Hugs on Megan issues - Have you talked to Brian

Karla - Cut down all my honeysuckles (well the gardner did) - going to replace them with roses - my back yard is going to be a rose garden - I gotta go get soil mix to put in the dirt and next weekend pick out about 20 roses.

Everyone Struggling - If you think you are deprived cuz you can't eat your Fav food - Think Again - Think of the pple in the 3rd world countries- Those pple are deprived. Hell our Hobo's eat better than a person in Somila.. So next time you want that bread - butter - cake - candy to feed your hunger when you have a pt at hand to eat instead and you think Think am I deprived ... Well think again...

Being Obese is depriving you of life

Karri - You are welcome to stay - just give me a days notice so I can wash the sheets ;0)

Good Evening! I am electronically jinxed this week I think! Watching TV and on the laptop last night and suddenly the power went off and I was in the dark. When it came back on a few seconds later, no sound on the TV. Earl had just gone to bed so I went and told him... mistake! He got up and stressed for 15 minutes or so before I persuaded him to go back to bed. Couldn't get it back on this morning, so called Comcast. They came this afternoon and all is well after he pushed a few buttons. He doesn't even know how he fixed it, but Earl had tried everything.

So this afternoon, after PT, took a scooter ride... 2 miles to PT and back and Earl gives me assignment to go to Bartel Drugs (for tea bags on sale) after Surf Shack, Dollar store for a funnel and Haggen market to get him 2 sour dough rolls! I told him... I already went 2 miles on the scooter battery. Sure enough, a block away from home the battery dies... I'd just been to the ATT store, too, having them look at my phone because it is not working right either! So when the scooter battery dies, I try to call Earl on my phone and it won't dial out! Tried over and over and then this man comes up the street on foot so I asked him if he had a cell phone I could borrow for a minute!! He was very nice and dialed the number for me! So Earl had to come on the red scooter to rescue me, Zoey, the goods I bought and the broken down scooter! UGH! Almost afraid to touch any of my techy toys tonight!!

TOPS... down 1 1/2 lb. PT.... made it through a whole hour of Water exercise today!! And getting ready to take Zoey for a walk.

Three consecutive days of sun, so not surprised it's supposed to be cooler, cloudy and rainy tomorrow!!

Gotta go... Earl wants to go for a walk now. CBL!!