Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good morning! I WEEK UNTIL I AM HEADED BACK TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST!!!!!

LMAO...there is a port-o-potty sitting in the middle of the road leading into the school parking lots today that read "PHS is the sh!ts". It made my morning...I couldn't agree more.

As for food...ugh...its killing me right now. I can't get in enough calories and because my stomach was misshappen and damaged by the band I am struggling to eat real foods. Dr. progressed me to soft foods last week one week early so that we could see what happens. He didn't want me to be so far away when I started on real foods but it has been a struggle. I talked with the nurse practitioner about 20 minutes ago and she said to just start eating what will go down. I have no restrictions as of today except raw fruits and vegetables. Those are just too hard for the stomach to digest right now. I have 2 more months to wait before I progress to that. However, right now I just keep throwing up what I eat. The NP said that was probably because of the damage from the band and to just keep trying different foods. Part of it is also because I don't know how MUCH I can eat. With the band if I overate I usually just had to wait for it to go down and there was very little problem. Now if I over eat by even one bite...it comes back up. My stomach empties VERY slowly which is good for weighloss but I just need to figure out how much is too much. Because I have almost no sensation about when I am hungry and when I am full I can't figure out when to stop. I measure my food most of the time but sometimes I can eat 1/2 cup and other times about 3 bites. It is just a STEEP learning curve. I don't regret it...just need to figure it out.

I went for a run/walk this morning and man oh man does it help to not lug around 20+ extra pounds.

Well we think we may have found a couple of places to live in Yuma. We have been searching for apartment complexes and finally found a few last night that might just fit what we need. We are hoping they will rent to us sight-unseen because it is going to cost a significant amount of money to get down there and back.

Well I had best get grades done. We are on finals schedule this week so it is all messed up.

Karri

Good Morning Peeps

Candice hugs on DD & SIL issues - what's the problem - how long were they together before they got married?? Sure hope they can work it out - have you talked to SIL - Isn't she gone alot w/her work...

Denise - You get great music !!! Saw you hare having Essences Festival - that should have some good music - I am an r&b girl so I would enjoy that one ;0) - Glad you had a good food day..

Karla - Glad you are eating the right foods - Me too and it's most likely not too much - becareful w/your fill.

Phyl - Hugs on the medical issues - your cold weather isn't helping - when do you go to PT.

Linda - How was your weekend..

Karri - How are you doing have you move to real food yet

Not much to report - did my target shopping came home ready to watch a movie - Debbie called so went to Clark's (health food store) & Joannes (craft store) got some more yarn for another blanket - almost done w/Joseph's - dinner chicken catchitorri (sp) ..

I was going to ask the same question, Candice.... have you talked to SIL to get his side of what's going on???

My first PT appt is Friday morning, 8 a.m. Back/hip is feeling a little better today. May try walking the "condo loop" if it ever stops raining. Seriously thinking about heading out, rain or not, to "scoot" over to Surf Shack with Zoey. I can hold the umbrella over both our heads and still keep the scooter's electronics from getting wet. Zoey is aching to get out and is at the door right now!

I agree.... great music in NO!! Denise, have you ever heard of Tom Rigney and Flambeau??? He's from CA and most of his gigs are there, but he plays N.O. type jazz & blues. I love him. I think I have ALL his albums! He is my favorite when we go to the JazzFest in Three Rivers each year. Was so sorry we missed it this year because we were in Mexico. Will try to make sure we don't make any conflicting plans next year.

That reminds me, friend Jacki sees her oncologist again next week. Her liver enzymes are greatly elevated and scans showed a spot on her spine. They started her on a new chemo... a pill so strong she was instructed to put gloves on to take it in case it should break open!! But when her liver enzymes took a steep climb after one week, they told her to stop it for now. Numbers were already high but skyrocketed after she started the new Rx. They also did an ultrasound trying to see if there is a gall bladder issue making the enzymes go up. She hasn't gotten the results of that yet. So worried about her.

Oh Candice, I know how much you and Peter love Bryan, and how he has become part of your family. Of course you're sad and upset. You didn't see this coming--what a blow! I'm so sorry. Slapping Meghan sounds like a good idea! Want me to do it for you? Kids. . . If it helps at all, mel and I are seriously looking at July 30th.

Phyl, I'm sorry to hear about all the pain. Have you tried ice? I did get some relief using ice-- especially at night. Between the gloomy/cold weather and the chronic pain, you've got to be feeling pretty down too.

Im with Janet. The weekend was ho-hum. Went to Andy's yesterday for penny's family's celebration of Levis birthday. She is the youngest of 6 kids, and all but one have kids under 5 years old, so it was very much a family affair. I chose all the wrong foods to eat. We didn't stay long.

Haven't tried ice, just heating pad and that didn't help. Besides, it made me so hot I couldn't stand it.

I ate a lot of bad stuff yesterday, too, at the neighbors, and drank way too much wine. We had hot dogs... good ones from Omaha Steaks. They were very lean! And I didn't have a roll. But I did have a little potato salad and baked Beans (that Earl made), and some layered salad, watermelon. But, too much desert. Earl made that dump cake thing again. It's sort of like cherry cobbler. Have to get back on track!! Out to dinner tonight for granddaughter's 21st birthday. Going to a place called "The Rock". I already studied the menu online and not sure what I'll order but I think the best thing I can find is oven roasted chicken. Many of the Entrees come with either Pasta or french fries, but I will see if they'll substitute a side salad. Have skipped Primetimers for a couple of weeks because I don't want to subject myself to those lunch temptations!

Walked to the mailboxes.... Zoey pooped on the hill on the way!!

ohmy.gif Had no poo poo bag in my pocket! So had to go get one from the dispenser near the club house, get the mail, go back and pick up the poop, and by then I was pooped, my hip was hurting too much, and it was raining again!!! rolleyes.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif So I did not continue my journey.... I went back home!!

Trying very hard to do better with my food today. My usual eggbeaters omelet for Breakfast, salad w/ham for lunch, one glass of wine, no snack. Off to dinner in an hour, and I won't be overwhelmed by the menu since I already studied it online. Will choose either a salad w/grilled chicken or grilled chicken sandwich and won't eat the bread.

Good Evening Gang..

Linda - Debbie and I wanted BBQ yesterday -- good stuff - but we don't have any place that sells it -- so I just came home and made ck cathorrie (sp) lol . That's too many kids under 5 for me LOL ...

Karri - Cream of Bean soup... have you made that has your pt and taste good too.. Candice couldn't eat veggies till she came to my house - since I cook them super well done - she could eat them - but hell take the not being hungry - have you tired sugar since your surgery - do you get the dumping from it..

Phyl - Continue Prayers for Jackie - that pill sounds scary.. Hugs on your Rain & pain - hopefully pt will help.. food - well you know what you need to do and the choices that need to be made - so just do it... You can !!!!

Not much to report - work omw - had tons of emails - and with our new computers can't attach them to the clients - right now I have like 250 that need attaching - that's driving me crazy...

Karla - how was school - did you get your fill today..

Well off to the couch -

See ya in the morning

I have been eating a lot of Beans, but the doctor would REALLY like me eating real foods and not liquids. That was the entire reason I had this surgery!

As for the sugar...HELL NO....I have not had anything that has sugar in it. I will see what it feels like to dump once I get to maintenance (which should be around the end of July/mid August). I will really only try to sugar (in the form of BBQ Sauce and Teriyaki sauce) so I know what the start of it feels like in case I eat something at a restaurant and feel it coming on and stop eating. The closest I have come to dumping is getting a light headed feeling when I eat too much sugar alcohol. They really aren't joking when they say that your taste buds totally change when you have gastric bypass. I really have no desire to eat anything sweet. I have some sugar free fudgecicles but I don't eat them very often. SF pudding makes me sick and sometimes even yogurt is too sweet.

The only other way that I would eat (or attempt to eat) sugar is if I start getting too far below goal weight. The doctor is a little worried about that possibility seeing that I started out at such a low BMI for bypass. I am already halfway to goal and I am only one month out of surgery. I am starting to fit back into some of my clothes and had a really good run/walk this morning. I'm STARTING to feel like a normal human being again.

Well it is be time...just wish this basketball game would hurry up and get over...with the Heat beating the Mavericks of course.

Yep, I got my fill, I should say a microfill, only 0.3 cc's, But we agreed slow is better. I am on liquids & mushies for a bit longer than normal just` in case. I actually had a little watermelon last night, chewed the daylights out of it, and all appears to go down well. My gain, let's just say it was way too much for 2 months. But it will come off. That is what the band does for me, I KNOW I can loose weight!

Pretty boring night, which was okay, came home, drank dinner and read. A bit tired. Hopefully today I can get something done.

Good Morning Peep

Karri LOL on the sugar - I know it's one of your down falls (like me ;0) so wanted to know if you have tried it yet ;0) - I know it's a little early to be testing your new surgery - but we all know at one point we test things ;0). My gf who have had bypass say it's a sick feeling not throwing up so much just feeling sick.. Tiny bites chew the crap out of your food and eat slowly and make sure you take your vitimans

Karla - Yep slow is better since you have had problems in the past..

Well not much to report - ended up eating popcorn - eggs for dinner.. Have to go to the lawyer after work - Estate almost done 6/15 I think will be when it's done - then have to meet w/the new trustee - will find out what he will want from me tonite..

Well time to hit the shower

Hugs & love to all - J

Fill seems to be working, portions are better, but still too large, but I'm eating mushies. Actually I'm suppose to still be on liquids, but I was starving. So I moved to mushies. I will be glad when I am back to more restriction. But I am being good about what I'm eating.

Had a bit of a run in at school with the special ed teacher. Ended up having a 'discussion' with my administrator. It went okay. hopefully I won't get into trouble. But this time of year we all get short tempered.

It sounds like they are discussing whether to declare Montana a disaster area. Hopefully it will help people get back on their feet and rebuild.

Only SIX more days of school. Then....well okay, then class for two weeks and 6 weeks of online classes...but I'll make it through.

I haven't had time to quilt...okay just not the energy.

How is everyone is doing well....

Janet, I bet you will be glad when all the legal stuff is done. It couldn't have been easy.

Where is everyone?

Good Morning Peeps

Yep Karla I will - still messing with accounting stuff - my excel worksheets balanced but they were off in places - so they have to back into stuff - that's what I did last night - they think they have it fixed - but still gotta scan ck books when I get to work this morning.

Only 6 days left - lucky girl..

I'm almost done w/Joseph blanket - would like to read some - but just haven't had time either.

You may have restriction once you get to real food - think you do and that might help - this is why docs shouldn't tell pple how much fill they have (imho)

Well need to get to work so I can scan and send info to attorney they are going to court on friday

Hope all goes well toorrow, Janet. keep us posted.

Finally, some nice days! Dozed In the sun on the patio. Felt sooo good!

Yay, Karla. Hoping the fill helps. I'll be looking for updates.

Karri, I worry about you, Don't overdo the exercise.

Camdice and Phyl,, check in amigas! We need you.

Denise, flood worries over?

Jackie, when are you moving? Did you say south of Joplin? My DD is in NW Arkansas.

Candice, unfortunately there is nothing you can do about your DD. Having been there twice myself, I can add these words of wisdom...will you be better alone? Because that is what you are looking at. Now I don't regret one of my divorces, he was psychologically abusive, but the other...I'm not so sure. I definitely didn't try to work it out. I have been alone for 17 years and for the most part it is okay. But raising kids alone is a nightmare and if she thinks the 'grass is greener' elsewhere she is a fool. What ever the problems are, you are half of it and guess what that half goes with you!

Planted some of my pots today, okay 12 of my pots...I have a thing about pots. I have at least 4 more to go...

Tired and my house is a disaster, but it will be there tomorrow!

Janet, you are right, right now I am not eating the 'wrong' things, just too much. But fill is tomorrow and that will help get things under control.

Have a good evening!

Karla; thank you for your words of support... I especially love the part :" What ever the problems are, you are half of it and guess what that half goes with you! " that is SO true.

I just sent my daughter a long letter... I hope she accepts it in the heart felt way it was written.. but if she chooses to take offense at least Ill know that I gave her some things to consider and think about.

o.k. I should be posting more often... sorry girls to let you all down... mi bad!!!

Been too busy thinking about my own problems... or rather DD and DSIL problems.. I just wrote her a nice long letter .... so we'll see if it makes her think at all.. She is sometimes just too damn cerebral for her own good...

Three gigs we had this week, and got another booking this afternoon for the Barrie Jazz Festival... so that should be good exposure.

Also, I've been doing a LOT of reading. A book called NORTH and SOUTH (part 1 of 3 books) I just love it!!! It gives me a lot of pre-Civil war history so that I can understand better what I saw on our trip... the guy is a very good writer, and its hard to put down... Peter says, its been made into a movie, why don;t you just WATCH it... nope... wouldn't be nearly as good.. I think Patrick Swazye was in the movie.. I don't know for sure?

Our friends come from WALES next week, so we'll be busy, busy for 2 weeks with them... so if I am not around its because they are keeping my busy..... OR.... my daughter has slaughtered me for giving unsolicited advise!!!! LOL

Love you all,

C

Hi, Chicks! I'm here. Another cold, rainy day in the NW. Looks like we're having "Junuary" again this year! It's actually supposed to hit 70 this weekend, and they're even saying "mid-70's" on Sunday. We did manage a trip down to the lake and back today, but I froze the whole way, and complained bitterly!! Had my gloves on because my fingers were like ice!! At least it quit raining long enough for us to make it without having to get out my umbrella. Had to use it yesterday and it's awfully hard to steer, hold the dog leash and the umbrella, and my latte after we go to Surf Shack.

Oh.... Earl told me to go shop for wine on my way home.... he doesn't go to Surf Shack with me, so we part company at the end of the strip mall. He wanted a gallon jug of burgundy like Jim & Tracy had when we were there the other day! But, by the time I went to Albertson's, RiteAid and the liquor store, my battery was dead!! Should have known better than to try that after my 3 mile trip down to the lake. So I had to call him to come and push me home. But even with him pushing, I couldn't get the thing across the street, so Zoey and I had to walk the rest of the way home. That's my walk for today! And I did the condo lap last night. Hip was hurting when I started out, but I kept going and it got a little better as I walked... or I got used to it!!

rolleyes.gif Knee has been a little better... maybe the steroid injection is helping a little with that.

Tracy and Jim are definitely buying the place in eastern WA. They're pretty excited about it, and a little nervous about making such a large purchase!! But... they're looking at it as an investment. So we might be going over there next weekend. They were hoping to close tomorrow, but looks like it'll be Monday or Tuesday.

And I have a new thing to worry about... a cardiologist office called me a little while ago...said my primary care doc got their echocardiogram report and wants me to come back and see one of their docs for a cardiology workup! UGH! Wonder what they saw? No available appt until the 17th, so 2 weeks to wonder about it. Think the last one showed a sloppy valve, and they watch my valves because I took redux back in the mid-90's, so maybe that's what they want to check out. S'pose they'll want to do a treadmill. I HATE those!

Candice, I just hate that your DD is having marital problems. I hope she takes your advice to heart and puts some effort in to working things out. And, I am excited about your gigs!! If you have anything going on while we're in Buffalo I'll try to talk Earl in to driving up there!!

Get this..... Earl keeps telling me Zoey is bored! She has a blast when Gigi comes to visit and they have a great time playing together. He keeps talking about that. So, every time I say, maybe we should get another little dog for her to play with. He used to say "NO"!!! But now he isn't saying anything and I wonder if he's thinking about it! LOL He just tried to take her for a walk, but as soon as they got out from under the covered sidewalk, she looked around, looked up at him and planted her feet!! It's raining again!! Of course, then she thinks she gets a treat... she went out, she came in. Doesn't that deserve a treat????? She thinks so!

Hope all goes well with the estate settling, Janet. I know how glad you'll be to have that over!!

Karla, I know you are going to be happy when school is out, too!! But sounds like you'll be fairly busy this summer.

Linda.... I've got to get beading again! Didn't know you had family in Arkansas! Son, Steve says they're moving on to Houston in 12 days. Kurtis is a real case!! Saw him telling three different girls in less than a week, "I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you"!! Definitely has a zipper problem. His gf, mother of his soon to be baby, is no longer speaking to him. Wonder why??? And my DIL saw on FB that he had registered on some speed dating site!! HUH?????

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif Then he wonders why gf is mad!?? He also said he was going back to Spokane when he gets his next paycheck. He's working with Steve painting trains in New Orleans. Baby is due July 10th and I know he wants to be back in WA for that.

Hi, Chicks! I'm here. Another cold, rainy day in the NW. Looks like we're having "Junuary" again this year! It's actually supposed to hit 70 this weekend, and they're even saying "mid-70's" on Sunday. We did manage a trip down to the lake and back today, but I froze the whole way, and complained bitterly!! Had my gloves on because my fingers were like ice!! At least it quit raining long enough for us to make it without having to get out my umbrella. Had to use it yesterday and it's awfully hard to steer, hold the dog leash and the umbrella, and my latte after we go to Surf Shack.

Jun-uary LOL I like that Phyl! And so appropriaTE.

Oh.... Earl told me to go shop for wine on my way home.... he doesn't go to Surf Shack with me, so we part company at the end of the strip mall. He wanted a gallon jug of burgundy like Jim & Tracy had when we were there the other day! But, by the time I went to Albertson's, RiteAid and the liquor store, my battery was dead!! Should have known better than to try that after my 3 mile trip down to the lake. So I had to call him to come and push me home. But even with him pushing, I couldn't get the thing across the street, so Zoey and I had to walk the rest of the way home. That's my walk for today! And I did the condo lap last night. Hip was hurting when I started out, but I kept going and it got a little better as I walked... or I got used to it!!

rolleyes.gif Knee has been a little better... maybe the steroid injection is helping a little with that.

Tracy and Jim are definitely buying the place in eastern WA. They're pretty excited about it, and a little nervous about making such a large purchase!! But... they're looking at it as an investment. So we might be going over there next weekend. They were hoping to close tomorrow, but looks like it'll be Monday or Tuesday.

WOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN! i BET YOU CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT YOURSELF

And I have a new thing to worry about... a cardiologist office called me a little while ago...said my primary care doc got their echocardiogram report and wants me to come back and see one of their docs for a cardiology workup! UGH! Wonder what they saw? No available appt until the 17th, so 2 weeks to wonder about it. Think the last one showed a sloppy valve, and they watch my valves because I took redux back in the mid-90's, so maybe that's what they want to check out. S'pose they'll want to do a treadmill. I HATE those!

Candice, I just hate that your DD is having marital problems. I hope she takes your advice to heart and puts some effort in to working things out. And, I am excited about your gigs!! If you have anything going on while we're in Buffalo I'll try to talk Earl in to driving up there!!

Well, thanks for your thoughts about DD.. yes I too hope she takes my advise, but her dad had a really long telephone chat with her today.... she always did listen to HIM better than she ever listened to me... WE are too much alike.! So hopefully some of that will settle into her brain.

Oh AUGUST, here are gigs we have so far... Thurs evening 7 p.m 4th August, and Tues 6:30 p.m. 23rd of August.... that would be so cool if you could make it.

Get this..... Earl keeps telling me Zoey is bored! She has a blast when Gigi comes to visit and they have a great time playing together. He keeps talking about that. So, every time I say, maybe we should get another little dog for her to play with. He used to say "NO"!!! But now he isn't saying anything and I wonder if he's thinking about it! LOL He just tried to take her for a walk, but as soon as they got out from under the covered sidewalk, she looked around, looked up at him and planted her feet!! It's raining again!! Of course, then she thinks she gets a treat... she went out, she came in. Doesn't that deserve a treat????? She thinks so!

Um, can you say spoiled????

Hope all goes well with the estate settling, Janet. I know how glad you'll be to have that over!!

Janet; my you'll be really ready to Celebrate once the ranches are all done with... Hope it goes smoothly for you now.

Karla, I know you are going to be happy when school is out, too!! But sounds like you'll be fairly busy this summer.

Linda.... I've got to get beading again! Didn't know you had family in Arkansas! Son, Steve says they're moving on to Houston in 12 days. Kurtis is a real case!! Saw him telling three different girls in less than a week, "I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you"!! Definitely has a zipper problem. His gf, mother of his soon to be baby, is no longer speaking to him. Wonder why??? And my DIL saw on FB that he had registered on some speed dating site!! HUH?????

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif Then he wonders why gf is mad!?? He also said he was going back to Spokane when he gets his next paycheck. He's working with Steve painting trains in New Orleans. Baby is due July 10th and I know he wants to be back in WA for that.

Well, I am just about ready to hit the straw... more pics loading up on facebook... I can't beleive its taken me this long to organize my trip pictures.... sheesh