Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Happy Easter! Hope you all found chocolate eggs!!! with ZERO calories!!! Enjoy your day. I'm cleaning and planting, excluding the cleaning I couldn't ask for a better holiday!

Good Morning...

Candice so sorrry about your friend - So Sad... Glad you get to meet Denise

Karla -Let me tell you if you like comotion then family is good - but when you are use to a quite house - it's hard ;o)... Went to show on Friday saw Africian Cats - good move - Melissa and I got toes done and I got a fill in the a.m. and went out to bf then - gym - Idrise didn't show up so Vickie & I worked out anyway - didn't want to - but knew would be eating candy ;0) - had some Friday - was very tight to it was about all I could eat -

Yesterday - the kids went to see Melissa Moms - I cooked and went to the store - talked to Sis.. Uncle got here around 2 - Brad never showed up - had a nice visit w/Uncle he left at 5 - watched 10 Commandments and trying to teach Melissa to crochet ;0)

Now wating for everyone to get dressed - to hide eggs for Brooke ;0) - too much candy in the house - made easter Cookies - but they aren't very good - or maybe to rich - had some candy last night - but really didn't eat - pt shot (grape pure protein) 3 small ribs - candy - 2 eggs and 1 bread.. and 1.5 cookies

Karri - so School comes 1st before surgery LOL you are dedicated - so what's you date????

Well need to wash the face brush the teeth and throw something on...

CBL

It is not necessarily that school comes first, but rather the language of my contract. I really don't do much for school this year because I am told what to do and what to teach. However it is in our contract that we are not allowed to miss during state testing unless it is an emergency or has been approved at least 30 working days in advance. Well I tried to get this covered as an emergency but they declined it and said that I could wait an extra week. No I am not kidding. It's okay though...it will give me some time to prepare and will allow Lee to sub for my classes. Surgery is on May 3. The doctor pays for us to stay at a hotel in the area because I will have to be there at 5AM. So Lee will drop me off for surgery and then go to school to sub for me. I only have one sick day left so I will be taking three unpaid days. Additionally the administration didn't want me taking more than the four days off because I have exceeded my allotted time (They actually asked if I could be back the next day!). There is a chance they could try and terminate me, but considering it is so late in the year I don't think they will. I don't qualify for FMLA because I haven't been with the district long enough. So I will have gastric bypass on Tuesday morning and be back in my classroom teaching full time on Monday. I will have to be an ultra good girl while recovering to make sure that I can be back and well enough to handle the classroom that soon.

I have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday and will let you know the details when I get them.

Hi Everyone, It's been a long long time since I've posted.

CANDICE IS HERE!!!!!

We went to a crawfish boil at my friend's house today. The crawfish were great.

We are going to see Oak Alley Plantation tomorrow. It was in the movie Interview with a Vampire. Then we will go to the French Quarter.

Happy Easter Everyone. Linda, I hope you are feeling better.

Denise, good to hear from you!

Glorious day yesterday, sun shined enough that I got a bit of a sunburn. Planted 13 shrubs. The house is a disaster, but I don't care.

NO HOMEWORK until June, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in time to dig in the dirt!!!

food was good yesterday until the evening. I didn't stop for lunch, had a good dinner and then disaster struck. The neighbor brought over homemade rolls. Ate one with butter (but just a little butter) and ice cream. I don't know what the heck the ice cream was doing in the house....okay I know, I bought it as a reward for finishing my classes. STUPID. Today is another day!

Janet, I totally understand what you are saying about a lot of commotion in the house. I don't do well with it either. Mainly because I rarely watch TV and anyone who visits always wants it one.

Carpenter comes this week to fix the bathroom walls and drain in the kitchen.

Best get busy,

Good Morning Peeps

Denise - so jealous that Candice gets to meet you - !!! Well one day I will make it to NO ;0)

Karla - with the kids here and easter too much junk in my house - stress has made me too tight to eat real food - but sure hasn't stoped the candy.. Well they leave today - so all the junk will be gone..

Work then funeral at 4 - gf dh died last week.

Well off to the showers

Phyl - it's been windy as hell around here - awful yesterday a.m.

Karri - stupid school - I can't beleive it but I know dil has the same issues when taking time off - You will be in my prayers..

Well l gotta jam..

CBL

Well....Considering that I have been on liquids for most of the last 3+ months this shouldn't be much of an issue...but I am on liquids for the next week. However, the part that sucks is that I get only 3 Aktins shakes per day for a total of 450 calories (OMG...I'm going to starve to death!!!) I will have to take Monday off as well for all the pre-op stuff and then will have surgery Tuesday morning. I will be in the hospital for two nights. The day of surgery I will not have anything to drink before or after surgery. On Wednesday morning I will go in for the leak test and then will start Clear Liquids. I will remain on those for the rest of the day and then start on full liquids the day after. If I can tolerate full liquids then I will go home. It is pretty much a standard lap band diet after that. Liquids for two weeks and then pureed foods for two weeks. The only restrictions after that is no raw fruits or vegetables for 2 months. They are just two hard on the intestines. Whereas in lap-band you only need to worry about babying the stomach with gastric bypass you also have to baby the intestines.

Well I am off to write a paper and plan some lessons.

Karri

Good Morning Peeps

Had a funeral after work - 4 pm didn't get home till 6 - the house was a mess - my family are pigs - so had to clean up Andrew was here so he helped - I didn't even turn on the computer..

Karri - I know that my doc really just used bypass rules for lapband ;0) - I don't do raw or crunch veggies often - I like mine like mush - Why do they have you on a pre op diet that sorta silly it's not like you are 250 lbs - But I hear you on having to do it - they tell you - that you can't eat then you want to eat..

After surgery you aren't going to want to eat any way but no liquids or ice - that might be hard - I remember when I got a popscicle the night after surgery (remember I stayed in the hospital after surgery) I could have kissed Kristin - a popscicle never tasted so good. I was very very thristy after surgery.

I was very tight when the kids where here - I think watching Melissa eat - omg - 6 hawaian rolls - a plate loaded with starches - where as the food I ate stuck - the candy didn't LOL - so I am detoxing from sugar - nothing in the house - they took all the Cookies w/them (like the need them)

Well time to get ready for work - cbl

Good Evening Gang...

How was your day to day ??

Mine ok - work is work...

Don't have exercise tonite - tomorrow - thursday & saturday -

Called the dr office - they just got blood test back - it's on dr's desk - should hear from them tomorrow

I am pooped..

Sorry I haven't been in, I am struggling a bit with life.... I got a less than expected grade on my final project for class that I broke my butt off for. I lost all my points because of formating and what really ticks me off is that I asked the professor specifically how to format what I got wrong because I didn't understand the instructions. All he did was send me back to the instructions. I can't rip him a 'new one' because I have him for more classes.

I am really struggling with food. I think I have figured out why. The entire time I have had my band I have never felt like I am on a 'diet'. Now that the doctor is nagging me to eat this or not eat that and I have to keep a food diary, I can't stop eating. He is resistant to giving me a fill because I am 'eating' the wrong stuff. Well all that 'stuff' allowed me to loose 95 pounds. So I am to the point I am going to fill out the diary to make it look like I am eating the stuff he wants and go in and get a fill. I can't live obsessing about food. I'm hungry ALL THE TIME and I have never really been hungry before. I know you may all yell and I probably deserve it, but I can't live that way.

Hi,

We're stopped for the night in Sutherlin OR at a really nice RV resort. Only driving 125 miles to Salem tomorrow. Stopping there to visit friends. Thursday we'll stay south of Seattle so we can see Jodie & Al & the kids and we'll go home Friday morning. Trip is going well. But it's so cold up here!! And rainy!

Back & knee are so, so! Was able to take a short walk outside yesterday and again today without too much pain.

I've seen a couple of pictures that Denise has posted, of Candice in NO. Looks like they're having fun.

Karla, sorry about your grade. Doesn't sound fair.

Janet, sure hope your dr is able to shed some light on why you've been feeling so tired, and the vertigo might be part of it. Waiting to hear about your blood tests.

Good Morning Peeps

Karla - no one is going to yell at you.. If I remember your doc said you were eating too many slider or was is carb.. go back to what worked for you imho - you know what some nites I eat what I want - like one night popcorn then 1 eggs and some turkey kilbasa.. A lot of weekends - I eat popcorn for lunch.. Well let me get blood test results before I give too much advice

Hugs on the school issue - I know I wouldn't understand all that stuff - hell I watch the Apprecitan and don't understand their directions

Phyl - Almost home - will have to ck fb pic - Our weather is turning hot - but that's ok w/me no more wind - 9 days of wind has been awful..

Hi Everyone,

Candice and Peter left about an hour ago. They are headed west towards Baton Rouge. We had a FABULOUS time, and are partied out. They picked a great time to come, because I am off this week. DH was off Monday. Monday we went walk the trail in Jean Lafitte park, so they could see some of the swamp/ bayou land. Then we went to Oak Alley Plantation, then the French Quarter to Cafe Du Monde, then bar hopping and ate at Oceana Grill. Tuesday we went drive around the city a little to see the beautiful houses, then back to the Quarter bar hopping and ate at a hole in the wall that we love, Coops. We got to see numerous great bands. Every other bar on Bourbon had a great band playing. DD and her boyfriend met up with us Monday night, and DD came out with us last night. We danced, partied, drank, and had fabulous food. That's why it's so hard to diet around here. We always have a party somewhere. This weekend starts the Jazz Fest.

The wind is also fierce here. This month has been terrible with the wind here. I was worried about Candice and Peter driving the camper in it. It really is blowing bad today with tornado watches north of us. They said they would take it slow.

All of you are welcome to come on down any time you want, we have room!

Karla sorry about your grade, I'd be P Oed too.

I think I'm gonna take a nap, then begin detoxing.

Hi,

karri: glad that surgery is scheduled. I really hopes it gets you where you need to be. You've been through a lot-- it must be hard to know what "normal" is.

Candice: Sounds like another great trip for you. Are you going to be able to watch the wedding and get caught up in the patriotism of it all? I'll be watching as there isn't much else I can do these days.

Janet: waiting to hear about test results. I hope you get definite answers and a plan to start feeling better.

Karla: it's bogus when these profs dock grades for dumb stuff like formatting. You looked so good last July. How more weight do you want to loose?

Phyl: keeping up with your travels on Facebook. What are your plans for your knee? How are you liking your iPad? Which apps are you using?

I'm just very, very tired. I think a 24 hour road trip with kids wasn't the best idea, but it was good to Celebrate Easter with some if my kids. I am definitely not overeating. I might feel better if I could get some decent food, but honestly, I'm just not up it. I need a mom or sister who understands what kinds of food I need and would make some for me. I am cutting down on the narcotics, so maybe that will help too.

Hi! Arrived at.our friends' in Salem a couple of hours ago. Short drive today. Tomorrow we'll stay near youngest daughter's so we can have dinner and a visit with them. Then we'll drive the rest of the way home Friday morning. Only Bout 50 miles.

Denise, sounds like you had a great visit with Candice and Peter. Enjoyed the pictures on FB!

Linda, good to see you post. Doesn't sound like your recovery has been a picnic! Hope you're feeling much beter son!

Janet, when did you say you see the doctor again? Waiting to hear what he has to say. Just concerned that it seems like you had a sudden onset of symptoms you haven't had before.