Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Just heard from my GF that had her Rt Breast off 3 wks ago, Cancer is in her Lymph nodes too... not good!!! Chemo by I.V. next for her, 21 wks I think, then Radiation... I feel so bad for her!

My Brother is losing his job (Pilot) geez, I am just full of good news today huh?

WELL, All of you gals who I love so much... Please check your breasts tonight, and circle the date of your calandars for 4 wks from now on too... If you havn't already had a MAMMOGRAM... get one, and do it every year thereafter

Steph, sure glad you are fighting this FIGHT... PINK ROCKS!!!

Yeah! Cancer SUCKS!! My friend, Jacki, in Three Rivers, has one more week of radiation. She's been spending Mon-Fri in San Francisco for that and going home on the weekends. She's such a trooper. Took us sightseeing around SF, shopping at some of her favorite thrift shops, out to lunch, etc., the day we went to her treatment with her. She had double mastectomy 5 years ago and the damn curse came back in her pectoid muscle, right chest. Found it last summer.

So grateful to God that our son, Chris' new ophtham. oncologist told him his chances of his cancer spreading are down to 5% now that he is past 5 years.

And just had an email tonight from one of my elderly friends at Primetimers in WA. They found malignancy in her breast last week and she has to go talk to surgeon this week. SHIT!! WE just lost a 58 yr old from our little Primetimers circle last week.. have no idea what killed her except she was a diabetic.

LINDA... did you butt dial me???? Phone rang about 4:15 pm, your caller i.d., but no one on the other end! Tried to call you back a little while ago, but no answer! CALL ME!!

Good evening ladies. Definitely a long day. I am really excited about the 169. In our BCBS challenge, Jeff and I have lost 4.3% We are in 30th place out of more than 2000. Granted a bunch haven't continued but I'm pretty stoked. Jeff lost 7 pounds this week! He's about crowing. I'm so proud of him. He says his knees feel so much better and I don't notice him limping any more. He's at a total of 16 pounds in 3 weeks. How awesome is that? I told him that another 10 pounds and he is going to start exercising with me. He won't have any excuses. He asked if he could have a piece of banana bread tonight and I told him yes, if he worked out for 30 minutes. He said, " I'd be more inclined to give up the banana bread." LOL

Karla, you really should take the doctors orders to heart. 3 days. Call the masters people and tell them. What would they do if you were in a car wreck? Fell down a flight of stairs? They would postpone and deal. Well, the doc says 3 days bed rest...that's 3 days bed rest. Sit your butt down in bed, pick up your hand stitching and just let it be! Stop being so independent and stubborn. Sometimes something has to give. Also, I agree that the minister that told you that should be flogged. That is the way some faiths believe but that doesn't mean they are right. Do you honestly believe you are damned to hell? If yes, well then I guess, but I don't believe that and that, for me means, you need to find the truth in your spiritual life. Find a church that believes in salvation and grace and forgiveness. You deserve all three. Okay...now stepping off.

Candice, I am so sorry about your friend. Breast cancer sucks! It is cruel and indescribably ugly. I don't think it's right that men don't have as horrible a cancer. Can you imagine this world with the same number of men losing their penises as women losing their breasts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing that pain or devastation on anyone....I'm just saying it's wrong that so many women have to go through such horror. I hope that all women in my life give themselves a breast exam every month. And now with the virtual mammography there is no reason not to get it done. Everyone should. I will continue to fight for women and against this ugliness. I love my sisters too completely.

Janet and Phyl, I am so jealous. It sounds like an amazing evening. Poor little Zoey. She has the softest feelings. We have a shitzhu like that. You scold one of the other dogs and he goes slinking off like he's been beat. I know how sad that is. I'm glad she had fun in the pool. That is so darned cute. I have no idea if mine like the Water. We've never tried it. We might have to this summer.

Okay...I'm off. Talk to you ladies later. Hugs and kisses all!

Good Morning Peeps

LOL Steph on Jeff (food vs exercise) I agree - that keeps me from eating too much cuz I don't want to have to exercise those extra calories

Karla - I must have missed the post about church = what happen - to lazy to go back and look for it - shouldn't say lazy - just don't have that much time...

Well not much to report since last night - dinner - bed at 9:30 - now another day starts..

Yep cancer sucks...

Okay, I think you ladies finally have me shamed enough to go have a mammogram, haven't had one in about 5 years. So I am going to make an appointment.

Mom has her surgery on her arm this morning. I feel so bad that my brother is stuck dealing with all of this. He has to head out of town for his business tomorrow, but the docs say mom with be fine on her own. My sister has offered to go if needed, so that leaves me off the hook.

Couldn't sleep last night, laid there and watched TV until 3 am. The program Heavy was on. greatly different than Biggest Loser, but I don't know that it was better. One guy weighed over 600 pounds. I think that one of the people nailed how I feel about these programs, they said that it was easy for the trainers to get all in your face when they have never been fat. That is how I have always felt. If they really want to be effective, I think they need to have someone who has been fat and worked hard to get healthy. I think that is one of the reasons Richard Simmons did so well. Granted he needs to give up the shorts and the hair and he has gotten 'strange' in his latter years, But what made him believable was that he WAS fat and KNOWS what it is to have a food addiction. So Janet, I have always said you need to write a book, but now I know you need to write a book. from the perspective of the thin person trapped in a fat body.

On the church thing, it was just that when I got divorced the first time, my pastor said I would never be forgiven by God. That in God's eyes I was committing murder. At the time I was a deconess in the church, played the piano & organ for services, and was a Sunday school teacher. So I am living in divorced sin. The reality is that I know I have a relationship with God, granted I have done many things that God can 'hold against me', many that I don't forgive myself for but would not change because there weren't any other options. I know that my salvation is not in question, just that God allows my life to be this way because I probably deserve a sucky life. We were just discussion peoples church families.

Well need to get busy on homework. Have a fill appointment today, thank goodness, I won't tell you what I ate and 2 am.

Okay, after 7 weeks of little activity and 2 weeks of being totally unfilled and me and Ben & Jerry's last night, I gained a pound. I can live with that. I am gloriously filled!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new LB doc hit the port the first time and all is well. liquids for a couple of days since we went from zero to almost half full. Finally some control!

Good evening ladies. Definitely a long day. I am really excited about the 169. In our BCBS challenge, Jeff and I have lost 4.3% We are in 30th place out of more than 2000. Granted a bunch haven't continued but I'm pretty stoked. Jeff lost 7 pounds this week! He's about crowing. I'm so proud of him. He says his knees feel so much better and I don't notice him limping any more. He's at a total of 16 pounds in 3 weeks. How awesome is that? I told him that another 10 pounds and he is going to start exercising with me. He won't have any excuses. He asked if he could have a piece of banana bread tonight and I told him yes, if he worked out for 30 minutes. He said, " I'd be more inclined to give up the banana bread." LOL

Steph, I laughed when I read this part.... I`d rather not eat the BB than do the extra excersise... YUK... Jeff is doing very well... tell him we are all ROOTING for him, he is such a handsome man.... oooooh I just might leave Peter for him!!!

Karla, you really should take the doctors orders to heart. 3 days. Call the masters people and tell them. What would they do if you were in a car wreck? Fell down a flight of stairs? They would postpone and deal. Well, the doc says 3 days bed rest...that's 3 days bed rest. Sit your butt down in bed, pick up your hand stitching and just let it be! Stop being so independent and stubborn. Sometimes something has to give. Also, I agree that the minister that told you that should be flogged. That is the way some faiths believe but that doesn't mean they are right. Do you honestly believe you are damned to hell? If yes, well then I guess, but I don't believe that and that, for me means, you need to find the truth in your spiritual life. Find a church that believes in salvation and grace and forgiveness. You deserve all three. Okay...now stepping off.

Ditto for me girl... stay in Bed KARLA!!!

Candice, I am so sorry about your friend. Breast cancer sucks! It is cruel and indescribably ugly. I don't think it's right that men don't have as horrible a cancer. Can you imagine this world with the same number of men losing their penises as women losing their breasts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing that pain or devastation on anyone....I'm just saying it's wrong that so many women have to go through such horror. I hope that all women in my life give themselves a breast exam every month. And now with the virtual mammography there is no reason not to get it done. Everyone should. I will continue to fight for women and against this ugliness. I love my sisters too completely.

Yup, HORROR is a good word to discribe it. I did some reading on the internet last night Janice is Stage IIIb. her odds of survival are between 50-67% at 5 years... those are not good numbers.. PLUS she is a smoker!!!

Well , I know you are more up on this stuff than I am... but Men do suffer, with Prostate Cancer... remember Mel just had a scare, and Peter has issues with his prostate too. His is NOT cancer but benign hyperplasia (or something like that)... and beleive me it does cause us worry too.....

ALL Of THESE CANCERS need to be CURED!!!! I for the life of me cannot understand how we can put a man on the moon, build the PANAMA CANAL, and cannot come up with a cure for Cancer... it just defies logic... there, stepping off now.....:angry::(:huh:

Hey what is Virtual Mamm9ography??? never heard that term before?

Janet and Phyl, I am so jealous. It sounds like an amazing evening. Poor little Zoey. She has the softest feelings. We have a shitzhu like that. You scold one of the other dogs and he goes slinking off like he's been beat. I know how sad that is. I'm glad she had fun in the pool. That is so darned cute. I have no idea if mine like the Water. We've never tried it. We might have to this summer.

Okay...I'm off. Talk to you ladies later. Hugs and kisses all!

Okay, I think you ladies finally have me shamed enough to go have a mammogram, haven't had one in about 5 years. So I am going to make an appointment.

YEAH!!!

Mom has her surgery on her arm this morning. I feel so bad that my brother is stuck dealing with all of this. He has to head out of town for his business tomorrow, but the docs say mom with be fine on her own. My sister has offered to go if needed, so that leaves me off the hook.

Couldn't sleep last night, laid there and watched TV until 3 am. The program Heavy was on. greatly different than Biggest Loser, but I don't know that it was better. One guy weighed over 600 pounds. I think that one of the people nailed how I feel about these programs, they said that it was easy for the trainers to get all in your face when they have never been fat. That is how I have always felt. If they really want to be effective, I think they need to have someone who has been fat and worked hard to get healthy. I think that is one of the reasons Richard Simmons did so well. Granted he needs to give up the shorts and the hair and he has gotten 'strange' in his latter years, But what made him believable was that he WAS fat and KNOWS what it is to have a food addiction. So Janet, I have always said you need to write a book, but now I know you need to write a book. from the perspective of the thin person trapped in a fat body.

On the church thing, it was just that when I got divorced the first time, my pastor said I would never be forgiven by God. That in God's eyes I was committing murder. At the time I was a deconess in the church, played the piano & organ for services, and was a Sunday school teacher. So I am living in divorced sin. The reality is that I know I have a relationship with God, granted I have done many things that God can 'hold against me', many that I don't forgive myself for but would not change because there weren't any other options. I know that my salvation is not in question, just that God allows my life to be this way because I probably deserve a sucky life

. WHAT THE HECK are you SMOKING Girl?? God forgives ALL of your SIN`s (real or imagined) and you need to FORGIVE yourself... Karla, honey, you are way too hard on yourself... geez you`d have had to commit murder... and I know you didn`t do that... You are a kind- sweet person, so talented and brilliant minded in many, many ways... and dah, guess who gave you those GIFTS? God, silly.... why would he impart those GIFTs on Your if you didn`t deserve them...

HUG yourself, I am sending your a VIRTUAL one right now :rolleyes:

were just discussion peoples church families.

Well need to get busy on homework. Have a fill appointment today, thank goodness, I won't tell you what I ate and 2 am.

Don`t sweat it about your food right now, you`ve done very well overall... and when you are healed and refilled it will all come off again..

Today update: Peter, Mark and I had our GIG at the Senior`s Residance in Barrie today... It went really well... they loved it.. and there were people up dancing, and many tapping their toes or singing along... It was such a hoot!

Afterward, went to visit my MOM and she was doing pretty well, still very winded and not walking herself to meals yet...but one day at a time.

My SIster Ugly just called (sorry Janet I was on the phone with her to Mexico) and she is doing fine... going for a bladder op. later this week while she is down there.... nothing serious... just lub, oil and filter (wink, wink)

No word from my Dear Bro today.... he was supposidly to get his walking papers today!!! Gosh I hope not,.... 61 and out of work, not good and what he`ll do for Health Ins. is up in the air...

Does anyone know , if you are laid off... does your coverage stop immediatley,,, or do yyou have 30 days??

Don`t sweat it about your food right now, you`ve done very well overall... and when you are healed and refilled it will all come off again..

Today update: Peter, Mark and I had our GIG at the Senior`s Residance in Barrie today... It went really well... they loved it.. and there were people up dancing, and many tapping their toes or singing along... It was such a hoot!

Afterward, went to visit my MOM and she was doing pretty well, still very winded and not walking herself to meals yet...but one day at a time.

My SIster Ugly just called (sorry Janet I was on the phone with her to Mexico) and she is doing fine... going for a bladder op. later this week while she is down there.... nothing serious... just lub, oil and filter (wink, wink)

No word from my Dear Bro today.... he was supposedly to get his walking papers today!!! Gosh I hope not,.... 61 and out of work, not good and what he`ll do for Health Ins. is up in the air...

Does anyone know , if you are laid off... does your coverage stop immediatley,,, or do yyou have 30 days??

I envy you those Sr. Center gigs. I would not be a nurse had I not had my first job in a nursing home. Fell in love with the old people... and I guess, now I ARE one!! Or almost!! I would love being able to take Zoey to some more nursing homes. I love GERIATRIC nursing. Well, except for old guys pinching your boobs and stuff like that! But... I can just imagine how much they are enjoying your music!! If nothing more... a GREAT ministry!! You are adding sunshine to their lives by just showing up, not to mention the GREAT music!!

Your sister "UGLY"?? What's that about???? I think my sister, Mary Lou is probablly mad at me... and I guess for good reason. She was irritating me because every time I commented about one of the grandbabies looking like "so and so", she would answer back with another opinion. One time she even said, "My sister needs glasses!" So... me and my smart mouth... I answered bck, "whatever". So she says, "EXCUSE ME!! I thought I was entitled to an opinion!" So I came back with "I thought so too, but you said I needed glasses!" Then she says, "Did you schedule your eye exam yet??" So I said, "Did you schedule your colonoscopy???" Implying... you've got a bug up your a$$$$!!! HAHAHA!!! I see no sign of those exchanges on FB, so I assume she has erased them and she is probably pissed!!! LOL!! Who cares!

I should get a job as a proof reader because I thoroughly enjoy correcting everyone's spelling errors!! A bit of a challenge tonight as I am under the influence! I am so pissed off! Neighbors having a birthday party for a mutual friend and they didn't invite us! My feelings are hurt very easily, I guess. But it is so annoying to sit in here on my couch and listen to them laughing and having a fun time. GRRRRR!! Don't get it??!!

Phyl, go crash the party!!!

Mom had her surgery this morning to fix her broken wrist. All is well.

Being lazy tonight, don't feel like doing homework, so I am going to veg instead!!!

Phyl, it is your sister's problem, not yours. I thought the exchange sounded very witty.

Oh, I have a very unhappy furry right now, he can see his b-a-l-l, yes we have to spell it, and thinks he needs to play. I'm not up to playing b-a-l-l.

I envy you those Sr. Center gigs. I would not be a nurse had I not had my first job in a nursing home. Fell in love with the old people... and I guess, now I ARE one!! Or almost!! I would love being able to take Zoey to some more nursing homes. I love GERIATRIC nursing. Well, except for old guys pinching your boobs and stuff like that! But... I can just imagine how much they are enjoying your music!! If nothing more... a GREAT ministry!! You are adding sunshine to their lives by just showing up, not to mention the GREAT music!!

Your sister "UGLY"?? What's that about???? I think my sister, Mary Lou is probablly mad at me... and I guess for good reason. She was irritating me because every time I commented about one of the grandbabies looking like "so and so", she would answer back with another opinion. One time she even said, "My sister needs glasses!" So... me and my smart mouth... I answered bck, "whatever". So she says, "EXCUSE ME!! I thought I was entitled to an opinion!" So I came back with "I thought so too, but you said I needed glasses!" Then she says, "Did you schedule your eye exam yet??" So I said, "Did you schedule your colonoscopy???" Implying... you've got a bug up your a$$$$!!! HAHAHA!!! I see no sign of those exchanges on FB, so I assume she has erased them and she is probably pissed!!! LOL!! Who cares!

I should get a job as a proof reader because I thoroughly enjoy correcting everyone's spelling errors!! A bit of a challenge tonight as I am under the influence! I am so pissed off! Neighbors having a birthday party for a mutual friend and they didn't invite us! My feelings are hurt very easily, I guess. But it is so annoying to sit in here on my couch and listen to them laughing and having a fun time. GRRRRR!! Don't get it??!!

ha,ha,ha.... I need to explain.... My SISTER UGLY is my sister Krystal... she is my angel... we just have this silly name for one another!!! She is Sister Ugly 1 and I am Sister Ugly 2.... we started this years ago when my MOM first got sick... god, gotta be 8 yrs ago now... anyways... my Bro. was giving us real grief about ``kicking Mom out of her home, how Dare we!!!``` etc.... you get the picture... so he didnt`talk to us forever.... and so we started refering to ea. other as SISTER UGLY... as that was probably what HE called us secretly.. get it???? any ways, it just stuck..

actually, between the 2 of us, its a term of endearment!!! I know we are just crazy Canadian girls... what can I say?

oh, and how was my spelling today???

oh and don`t worry about the BOOBs next door... if they didn`t invite you .... its THEIR loss!!! you and Earl are the BESTEST!!! ( «i know, probably not a real word) ;)

On the church thing, it was just that when I got divorced the first time, my pastor said I would never be forgiven by God. That in God's eyes I was committing murder. At the time I was a deaconess in the church, played the piano & organ for services, and was a Sunday school teacher. So I am living in divorced sin. The reality is that I know I have a relationship with God, granted I have done many things that God can 'hold against me', many that I don't forgive myself for but would not change because there weren't any other options. I know that my salvation is not in question, just that God allows my life to be this way because I probably deserve a sucky life. We were just discussion peoples church families.

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY for anything you can't do right now!! You want to F>>>>> up your surgery!!!????? Knock it off!!

And... any of you not getting your yearly mammograms.... Steph and I WILL hunt you down, tie you up , and take you to the nearest facility!

Stop that "Deserve a sucky life" stuff, girl!! Or I will hunt you down for that too!! You deserve the best of the best. God does not condemn us for our failures!! And.... the circumstances of your marriage ... I don't know the details, but not sure that leaving that union would even qualify as a "failure"!!! God loves you... !!!! Like I said... FIND ANOTHER "CHURCH!! That one failed to show you God's love!!

If we use 'bestest' it IS a word!!!

OH, I forgot to tell you about my deals of a century today. I had to stop at Walmart while I was in town, needed t-paper, etc. Anyway they had these racks of clothes for $3 to $5. Well, I got a Dansko tank for $1, Dansko windbreaker for $5, in a size.................large!!!! I have never fit in Dansko before, a pair of shorts for nursery work, $3, an adorable sheer sleeveless top for $3, a thermal hoodie jacket $5!!! All cute as a bug. It was the find of the century. I could have gone smaller on the hoodie, but it is cotton and I want to be able to wash and dry it. But that windbreaker actually showes my curves!!!

OH, I forgot to tell you about my deals of a century today. I had to stop at Walmart while I was in town, needed t-paper, etc. Anyway they had these racks of clothes for $3 to $5. Well, I got a Dansko tank for $1, Dansko windbreaker for $5, in a size.................large!!!! I have never fit in Dansko before, a pair of shorts for nursery work, $3, an adorable sheer sleeveless top for $3, a thermal hoodie jacket $5!!! All cute as a bug. It was the find of the century. I could have gone smaller on the hoodie, but it is cotton and I want to be able to wash and dry it. But that windbreaker actually showes my curves!!!

Whoo-hoo good shopping day!!!

OH, I forgot to tell you about my deals of a century today. I had to stop at Walmart while I was in town, needed t-paper, etc. Anyway they had these racks of clothes for $3 to $5. Well, I got a Dansko tank for $1, Dansko windbreaker for $5, in a size.................large!!!! I have never fit in Dansko before, a pair of shorts for nursery work, $3, an adorable sheer sleeveless top for $3, a thermal hoodie jacket $5!!! All cute as a bug. It was the find of the century. I could have gone smaller on the hoodie, but it is cotton and I want to be able to wash and dry it. But that windbreaker actually shows my curves!!!

Multi quote does NOT work!! Pisses me off every time I try!!

Your spelling is pretty good today, Candice!!

Good job on the shopping, Karla!

Leaving early in the morning for Quartzsite AZ... Big RV Show/Rocks & Gems, mega swap meets, etc. We go every year. Then we'll stay in the casino west of Yuma tomorrow night and go to Algodones Mexico on Thursday, home Thursday night. Friends are keeping Zoey for two days. She'd have a blast with us, but afraid to take her over the border.

Did a lot of beading this week. Finished two bracelet/earring sets.

How did Mom's surgery go??

One of my Water aerobics/TOPS/beading friends was in a bad accident w/her husband last weekend. Brand new truck was totaled, but they are okay. Except she has a broken sternum and she is in a lot of pain. Husband went off the edge of the road and when he tried to get back on he over corrected and lost control. He hit another car head on.

Good Morning Gang..

Karla girl - you better listen to us - or you are going to get gang jumped... GOD LOVES YOU - GOD FORGIVES EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHAT.. AS LONG A YOU ARE TRULY SORRY... I don't know what you did or didn't do but Girl - I don't think you murdered anyone - so chill that stupid church was the kind that give churches bad names - you know the kind that they have to vote you in - - You are a sweet and good lady - hell we all have done one thing or another that we aren't proud of... I know I have - but I know God loves me - and I'm not going to hell- and neither are you

LOL on me writing a book - we all could write that book - but I am far from a writer - I'm not wordy enough - I am short and to the point - but I would love to be a trainer to older pple and obese pple - cuz I have been there and I understand - totally agree with you that trainers don't get it - I know mine doesn't - My uncle really wants me to be a trainer - if Idirse ever does open a gym - he would get me certified and I would be a trainer for the 50 plus pple and chubby girls... I am passionate about this whole weight loss stuff and exercise - so if I every get to retire - I may go back to school get certified as a nutritionist and change my occupation ;0)

WTG on shopping !!!! Deals & Sizes..

Phyl have fun on your trip - Ya I would be pissed too... Hugs - I guess they aren't very good friends are they.... We love you.. I bet you have a hay day w/my spelling - I fix words sometimes - sometime - I just don't care as you all understand what I am saying

Candice Loved our quick chat last night - Diane though you were beautiful !!! She said how pretty you were..

Well I got some really bad news last night - You know how we have been talking about ulgy cancer ... Well my BIL - has prostrate cancer and had a bone scan - they think it may have spread - they can't operate on his prostrate - he's going for radiation - on Thursday they will find out if it has spread..

Sorry to be debbie downer - but I love my BIL - Buddy is a good guy - bought his self up from nothing to working as a manager for the state of ca - he's been so good to my sis and her kids and he's been good w/the whole family - he's a great mediator he is very skilled at that - he has tons of common sense..