Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I got my first on Wednesday. I had to argue with my Doctor to give me 4cc's. He only wanted to give me 2. He did give me the 4, but said don't blame him if its too tight. Well. I don't feel any different than before. No restriction. I have a 14cc band and it was not filled at all during surgery, so I have 4cc in. It was not painful at all, just in case anyone is nervous about it. Just a needle prick. I have heard that sometimes the restriction starts a few weeks after the fill, so I hope that is the case. Anyway, I am a bit dissappointed. I was really hoping to get at least a little restriction!!

I have heard that too - about the restriction starting a few weeks after the fill. But, I just don't see how that would make sense. They claim there is swelling after the fill and you would THINK that alone would make you feel restricted. I was told to eat the pureed diet for 5 days after my first fill. I was starving within 18 hours! It is a week today and I still do not feel any different than I did before. My doctor said I can call again in 2 weeks. I am headed to Greece in a little under 2 weeks so I don't want to do anyting before my trip...maybe when I return. I guess it is still Ok, I am still losing...just 1 pound this week but I guess it is better than gaining!

I have always lost weight so quickly (the time I have actually tried!) so it is disappoinitng how slowly it is coming off. I have been losing .7 - 2.7 per week. I guess I was unrealistic, but when I read the big numbers others are posting...I feel like a slacker. NEED to exercise more!

just starting, I don't feel a thing. I'm hungry allllll the time. It's worse than with the band. I don't want to go back yet because everytime I go in there its a 60 co-pay. I am far from rich and that begins to add. I'm trying to watch what I eat but It's really very difficult. I know one thing they better not hesitate about giving me afill, even if I do lose weight. I know they hesitated this time around because Idid lose. My struggle to lose weight shouldn't merit whether I get filled or not.

Hi All September Bandits

Update - I went to my first Doctors visit yesterday and I have lost 10kg post op in 4 weeks OMG that is awsome... I had my first fill the Doc had a bit of trouble finding my port he had 4 goes at jabbing me and couln't find it, so had to go to have an xray (belly is still swollen from the surgery......) X marked the spot for him to go in it didn't hurt at all ......the 1 ml fill has done wonders for my appetite today I have only had an apple at work today which took me about 2 hours to eat and a small peice of fish for tea tonight and I feel like iv'e eaten the side of a cow LOLL that's got to be a first......

Dewberry:scared2:

P.S Everyone keep up with the great work, and thankyou for sharing your journey :(

That's great news! My Dr. had me on the GI x-ray machine WHILE he did the fill. It was pretty cool, you could watch everythign on camera. Your lucky you could EAT. I have to go back to one day liquids and then 5 days pureed after every fill. Realloy makes the timing important!

Keep up the great work!

I have heard that too - about the restriction starting a few weeks after the fill. But, I just don't see how that would make sense. They claim there is swelling after the fill and you would THINK that alone would make you feel restricted. I was told to eat the pureed diet for 5 days after my first fill. I was starving within 18 hours! It is a week today and I still do not feel any different than I did before. My doctor said I can call again in 2 weeks. I am headed to Greece in a little under 2 weeks so I don't want to do anyting before my trip...maybe when I return. I guess it is still Ok, I am still losing...just 1 pound this week but I guess it is better than gaining!

I have always lost weight so quickly (the time I have actually tried!) so it is disappoinitng how slowly it is coming off. I have been losing .7 - 2.7 per week. I guess I was unrealistic, but when I read the big numbers others are posting...I feel like a slacker. NEED to exercise more!

It sounds weird, but its true - my first fill did not kick in for about a week. Then lasted maybe 2 more weeks, but just very slight restriction. I am back today for a second fill!

Actually your rate of loss is great, and just about what most of us are experiencing. Exercise helps a bunch! Try for every day. :(

just starting, I don't feel a thing. I'm hungry allllll the time. It's worse than with the band. I don't want to go back yet because everytime I go in there its a 60 co-pay. I am far from rich and that begins to add. I'm trying to watch what I eat but It's really very difficult. I know one thing they better not hesitate about giving me afill, even if I do lose weight. I know they hesitated this time around because Idid lose. My struggle to lose weight shouldn't merit whether I get filled or not.

That is a sahme you have to pay for each fill. Today my Dr. pre-authorized me for up to 7! Yikes, I hope I don't need that many! She did confirm that the limit is 2cc for each one. I asked why and told her I had seen many poeple post fills of 4.o and 4.5. She said tehre are too many complications and people ending up coming in under emergency conditons, etc. I guess I am OK with that. I set up another for 11/23. She didn't mention anything about my rate of loss, I guess it was acceptable to get another one...20 pound in about 7 weeks.

Now I need to focus on a plan of attack for the holidays!!!

Recieved my second fill on Monday and I am at a total of 5.5 ccs. I have been on liquids and today is the first day that I have been hungry. Can't wait to start on solids to check out the restriction. Haven't lost any weight since last week although I have been on that time of the month this week, so we will have to wait and see.

My band just isn't working. :thumbup: I'm not losing any weight. Well this week. I need to lose. I need to be 250 by monday. I am 253 and holding firm. I'm so hungry all the time that I don't know what to do. Coloradomom I really hope mine will kick in soon. I might have to schedule an appt early.... I think I can I think I can I think I can.

I know that long term, the people who have the new bands are the most satisfied over time, however when I read these forums, I am seeing a lot of unhappiness with them. I have a small 4cc band and I am very happy. I am only 5 1/2 weeks post op but I wonder about this, any thoughts out there about it?

Gee, I have never heard of a 43cc band. Of course, I have no idea what mine is. Need to ask at my second fill. I am happy with mine so far. The loss is slow but that is OK. I didn't tell ANYONE I had a band put on so slow is good.

I know that long term, the people who have the new bands are the most satisfied over time, however when I read these forums, I am seeing a lot of unhappiness with them. I have a small 4cc band and I am very happy. I am only 5 1/2 weeks post op but I wonder about this, any thoughts out there about it?

Ive never heard of such a small band. JoJo, I don't think that were are "complaining" or dissatisfied we are just talking this process out. I'm hungry right now but I don't think that I would give my band up. It going to help me out sooner or later.

Ive never heard of such a small band. JoJo, I don't think that were are "complaining" or dissatisfied we are just talking this process out. I'm hungry right now but I don't think that I would give my band up. It going to help me out sooner or later.

Just a subject that I see coming up a lot and I wondered how others felt. yes my only holds 4cc. I won't need a fill for awhile. My daughter has had the same size band for over a year and has only had one fill, .4cc. She has lost 95lbs.

I don't know yet and may not for years if this is a good thing or not. Since they don't do these small bands any more, I am guessing there are good reasons for that. I see lots of comments about bandster hell, so it just make me wonder.

I got my first fill today, 3cc. I was supposed to get one two weeks ago but the Dr said I had been losing too much weight and took oout all the air and deflated the band totally.

At home my scale said I had gained 2 lbs in these 2 weeks but on the Dr's scale today it said I had lost 3. I don't know how I lost since I have been eating so much. But I have been watching what I eat even though I did eat alot. But there is no way I lost 3 lbs.

I am not feeling any different with the fill at all, still hungry but am on liquids for 2 days.

Wanted to post quickly before I head to work. Still holding at 227 which is frustrating because I have been on liquids all week from my fill. The only thing I can think of is when I am on liquids I only get about 800 calories and maybe my body is in starvtion mode and not letting go of any weight, so now that I'm back on foods and getting in more calories maybe it will start to move again. I hope. I've been exercising, so that is definetly not the problem. Well hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Take care.