Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling dumb-can't even "cut" & paste

Well, I do feel stupid when very kind people told me the simple process of getting a ticker by cutting and pasting. The problem is, I can't seem to accomplish this. I am clicking on the cut option, but nothing happens. Please help me. I need an explanation for each and every step, like for a baby, goo,goo! I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

"Dumb old Rose in Texas"

Aw Rose, I'm sorry. I told you to cut and paste and now...please do't feel bad. These ole 'puters are only easy when you learn them.

You may be forgetting to highlight before you go up top to the Edit button to cut or copy.

click your mouse on the first letter of whatever you want to cut or copy, then drag across, while still holding the mouse click button down, until the text you want is all highlighted. Once it's highlighted, then you can cut or copy. Your 'puter remembers that one highlighted copy until you give it a new one to remember. So you can paste and paste and paste the same thing to your hearts content until you cut or copy something else. Thankfully, you only need to paste once to get a ticker. Keep trying! You can do this! We are here to help, no worries.

Hey, I'm one of those that can't do it either. I seem to be able to do things once, by accident I;m sure, but the next time, I can't do it if my life depended on it. Edna:think

All right ladies & gentlemen. Computer lesson number one. Please keep in mind that you cannot "break" the computer unless you throw it on the floor... Do not fear your computer. The worst you can do is mess up a program. (In which case you pop the disc back in and re-load it.)

On-line, you can't even do that - so anything you do at tickerfactory or tickercentral.com is not permanent or lasting. If you take a deep breath and read the instructions as you go along, that will help. But panic tends to blur the vision - so I say again, take a deep breath and relax.

Cut and paste commands are fabulous tools once you know how. Use your mouse to highlight some text.

1) Place the cursor before the first letter of the text and depress the leftmost button on your mouse.

2) Hold that button down while you drag the mouse across the text that you want. You should see blue highlight following in the wake of your mouse.

3) When you reach the end of the text that you want, and it is all highlighted in blue, release the left mouse button but do NOT click again - or your highlight will disappear and you will have to start over at step one.

4) Now, you have blue highlighted text on the screen and no buttons pressed, right? Click the RIGHT button and a little grey box should come up on your screen. It has several options on it: Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste & Select all. If you have text highliged, Copy will show up in black.

5) Click on Copy. The little grey box will disappear - but nothing else will happen at this point. You just have to have faith that the computer has actually copied the text and move on.

6) go to where you want to place the text. Place your cursor where you want the text to start. Click the RIGHT mouse button again. The box will come up again.

7) This time choose "paste". Now, something should be happening. I have noticed that on LBT, the paste takes a couple of seconds - so wait for the count of five. You should see the text where you pasted it.

These instructions will work in any windows-based application - so you can practise your cut & paste skills in Word or Excell until you are an old hand.

With the ticker, you paste the text into the signature section in User CP. Save it. Preview it. (All from user CP. No need to post these tests). once your signature looks the way you want it, save it again. Then it SHOULD come up in your posts.

:]

:kerhttp//tics.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10724;127;0;0/c/0/t/-80.5/k/1412/weight.png OK, I think I followed the instructions, but I must have done something wrong. So, I'm still dumb.

You got the cut and paste successful - but scroll to the bottom of the page after you create the ticker. There are a few different sets of instructions to choose from. You want the one that says bbcode - NOT the one for HTML. Keep trying. :]

Remember - breathe and read. Once you have made your ticker and you get to that last page - SCROLL DOWN. There should be three boxes with different codes in them. Copy & paste the bbCode.

Hello... silly me, I also can not get the ticker to work. I have copied and pasted the bbcode, but it is not coming up as a ticker- can anyone out there help me? Pulllease??

ticker factory offers 2 codes - try copying and pasting the other one... Usually the BB code works - but you might be missing some little part of it, or copying from the other box.

Try, try again...

Good Luck.

Lambchops, Rene is right, you're not getting all of the code.

Click in the bbCode box then do a Ctrl+A (selects all) then do a Ctrl+C (copies). This will copy it all. Delete the one you have in there now, and then paste in the newly copied one. However, you will notice there is a URL in there that you won't want. You can either manually delete that part off after pasting it into your signature line, or you can first paste it in a text editor like NotePad and then copy it again to put into the signature line. This will remove the active URL link portion.

Hope that helps. :mad: