Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

tuesday

b-1c grits w/cheese, 3links, 12oz cof,cream,splenda

l-lean cusine meat loaf w/mash 260cals

d-1.5c vegtable beef Soup w 2pk crackers

40oz c.lite

589calories burned while walking:thumbup:

think im getting back into the groove of things didnt have any sweets today. was running around alot today. so i will keep everyone posted how it is going.

Edited by china

hi everyone

lilmissdiva: feel better

rayne: :w00t: from your lips to God's ears!

china: great tracking....

well i weighed in today and lost 6.6 lbs. i was so happy because i wasnt sure how i did.

i tracked every single morsel i ate. i didnt "fudge" anything in counting. i used all my extra points and swapped some of my activity points. but 2 things i did which i was happy with...i stayed away from blue bell ice cream and i worked out alot (47 activity points).

i also got rid of all junk food in my house. i bought "filling foods" and food that fit in with the WW plan

i really think this helped.

what i didnt like about this week....i started focusing too much on food. part of it is due to re-learning the program. but one thing i would like to work on is to stop snacking between meals even if it is low point food. i need to conquer the psychological part of eating.

i am heading to NY saturday so i hope i can at least maintain this when i get back

i will be on/off sporadically after saturday till next sunday.

good luck everyone on your week!

Josie-

You should have a great time in NY. WHEN I go out for dinner or whatever all you have to whisper to the waiter or waitress that you are lapbanded and they will actually tell YOU what is appropriate because they have served so many lapbanders.

I would suggest you bring a before picture, you might get a free meal (no joke) because every restaurant OWNER has a family member that needs to be banded and you never know :)

When I go down south all they do is sit in awe about my accent... have a great time... no matter where you are in this state there are loads of walking trails :)

Just a suggestion..go to the local support group...it is very interesting to hear what people are talking..I always call the local biatric surgeon or hospital :)

ME-

I do not get weighing in at my lapband dr till the 18th. I do weigh myself at home but it is pretty hard to tell...I am so scared my DH actually feels sorry for me.

Being banded and then going back ... this will be my first weigh in since I got my first fill last month. OMG I had never had a fill and did he fill it..but thank god I did watch my intake of food........ugh...but now...i am really eating on the low end....praying for a good weigh in :)

The nutritionist called me today and she told me that i was on the original diet and now I have had the band for so long that the no no foods are now accepted........so I will start drinking home made green tea (in place of water) but it must be caffeine free... see if that tastes good :) She claims that it does not repeat not help flush out fat but I think that there is something magical about that green tea so I am really excited..not for the weight loss but everyone over here swears it is a an anti cancer tea and with my scare...guess what I will be drinking.

Just for everyones knowledge..she does not want us to eat anything with chemicals..ie splenda etc..........well, I am not that perfect.. my thouht chemicals..if there ok..just do not add..but if I was outside or wanted a chemical item..heck have it... I have to be successful with my band....if I did not live by my band life when stopped going to the doctor (personal problems)..honest to god ,.i would be 400 lbs now... no joke;)

:thumbup: :frown: :seeya: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi jollygreen,

thanks for the advice. where do you live in NY? i am actually from NYC. i moved down here 3 years ago. i was banded in texas but originally investigated it in NY....i have to say i am cold down here so i'm worried about up there. between moving to the south and blood thinning and my weight loss.....i am cold all the time. before lapbanding i was hot all the time. :thumbup:

make sure you eat enough calories. i wouldnt believe this if it didnt happen to me. early on when i was banded...i cut my calories down way low. alot had to do with being too tight. i think i was taking in 800 calories at best. my weight loss stopped. my body was holding onto as much weight as it could for survival. when i upped my calories to 1000 calories...it started to kick in and my weight started coming off again.

anyway thanks for the tips!!!!

josie

is there anyone on here that had their lap band removed and joined WW to maintain their weight loss?

hi sallianne,

mine is completely unfilled so my doctor said that would mimic not having one but i still have a little restriction in the morn.

josie

Hi all! Sorry, I have been MIA from posting for awhile. My mother had some problems, ironically it's from a WLS but not one many have heard of, BPD with duodenal switch. She's had many problems the last 5 years since she had the procedure. She was recently in the hospital again so between that, work, husband, and kids. I haven't really been on plan. Oddly enough, I still lost weight but I think it's because the band gets tight for me when I'm stressed.

I plan on starting back with tracking all my points on Monday which is my weigh in day. I've been doing WW online for 7 weeks now and I've gone from 197.8 to 189.4. I'm really happy with those results. I'm over half way to my goal weight and I've been banded for 8 months.

It looks like there's alot of new people doing WW. It really is a useful tool with the band.

Great job everyone!!

Hi Everyone,

I love this thread!! I've went back to the beginning and read everyone's post.

I was banded 11/18/08 and am down 52 lbs. I've had a few "female issues" so my weight loss has stalled.

Also a WW "lifer" since 1981. I would love to join this thread and also chat if possible.

I have GOT to get back on track. I was on program when Protein & veggies were the key...way before the point system.

I'm on Facebook as well...

hi everyone,

made it to NY yesterday. the weather is really pretty today. i packed like i was going to the arctic....since losing weight i'm cold all the time....but it isnt that cold here ha!

hi nursemelly: hope your mother is feeling better.....

hi hockeyson: i'm new on this thread too....getting back on "plan" has really helped me to get back under control. i love the combination of the band and WW. it really is a "winning combination."

i'm hoping to maintain my weight while on vacation. so far i've been ok....not great....not too bad.

i will be online as much as possible while away. we are heading to manhattan on tuesday and not sure if the hotel has wi-fi.

hope everyone has a great week!!!!

josie

Hi

I weighed in at WW Saturday and I've lost a whopping 8.6 pounds in 8 weeks!!! So frustrating.

I want to get to 150 before I go see a plastic surgeon and I've been stuck at nearly the same weight for over 6 months. Anyway, I just decided to do a full liquids diet until I get to 150. It worked like crazy right after my surgery, so I can do it again for a month I guess.

I want to do the surgery before the end of the year so my husband can use some his vacation to take care of the kids while I recover. I started the liquids on Thursday and already I'm down to a new low weight of 165. :tongue2: Only 15 more pounds to go!!!!! w00t!!!!

I am happy dancing to have found this thread! I'm pre-op (scheduled for 10/29) and have been doing WW faithfully for the umpteenth time since April 3, 2009. So far I've lost 35.8 lbs which more to come before surgery. I love my meeting, my leader, and using e-tools and never thought that I could combine WW eating with being banded.

It sounds as tho most of you are well after post-op and on real food, which makes it easier to count the points. How would that work in the first weeks when everything is just so radically different? I can do points and healthy food guidelines and all that, but trying to get them in while also sticking to the very strict first 6 weeks ... that is escaping me.

Any advice?

Anne in CT

hi sallianne,

mine is completely unfilled so my doctor said that would mimic not having one but i still have a little restriction in the morn.

josie

Hi Josie

Thanks for your reply. I had my band removed 2 weeks ago (erosion). I am at goal weight but am not getting much encouragement on keeping that weight off. I think I can though. I was thinking of joining WW for maintenance. I was wondering if anyone on here does that? I figured while banded I was eating 1200 or so calories per day. I have been faithfully keeping to 1200 or less since my band was removed. Any thoughts?

I am happy dancing to have found this thread! I'm pre-op (scheduled for 10/29) and have been doing WW faithfully for the umpteenth time since April 3, 2009. So far I've lost 35.8 lbs which more to come before surgery. I love my meeting, my leader, and using e-tools and never thought that I could combine WW eating with being banded.

It sounds as tho most of you are well after post-op and on real food, which makes it easier to count the points. How would that work in the first weeks when everything is just so radically different? I can do points and healthy food guidelines and all that, but trying to get them in while also sticking to the very strict first 6 weeks ... that is escaping me.

Any advice?

Anne in CT

Anne,

IMHO, do not worry about points 6 wks after surgery....this is a time to heal not stress out about points.

My surgeron placed a small amount of Fluid in my band during surgery...I had to force myself to eat during that time.

Concentrate on healing, doing what your surgeon advises, getting in all your Protein and the rest will fall into place.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Beth

Diva and the rest of you guys. I'm an x w.w. but always like their program. points and all arre cool. I would like to say to diva that I appreciate your idea of this thread. I am still pre-op. i am an olllld guuuuy with afew health issues. I have decided that I am going to do this for myself and my health. Weight Watchers and the band is diffenately the way to go. Hope you feel better Diva.

Weight Watchers+lap band =success BOB

hi everyone!! just checking in.... i weighed in on Friday and lost 5 lbs....woot woot!!! :tongue2: i hope everyone is having a great weekend.