Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

i started the day w/great intentions...but once i got to work ....they ordered pizza & wings (stupid potlucks) :) so my nice healthy packed lunch was totally ignored....so heres the damage :blink: ..will do better tomorrow!!! :thumbup:

b - 2 slices of deli ham ... 2 pts

2 slices harvarti cheese - 4 pts

.5 tblespn light mayo - .5 pts

2 lettuce leaves - 0 pts

l - 2 slices sausage pizza - 15 pts

d- 6 bbq wings w/ranch dressing - 16 pts

s - 3 mini candies - 5 pts

total - 42.5 (i get 29 pts daily...used 13.5 of my weeklies)

exercise - 60 min treadmill

gotta love ww...you can still eat what you want and lose weight!! cya guys tomorrow!!

diva you're doing fabulous...wtg!!! let me know if you find some super low point goodies!!! :)

china, you're so lucky...sounds like you have a great vacation coming up...i'm jealous!! i was reading your posts...i understand money being tight...maybe you can join ww and go to a couple of meetings just to learn the program (super easy) then you can use this board to log your meals and get the motivation. i'll help you anyway i can!

i want us all to succeed!!! :blink:

i started the day w/great intentions...but once i got to work ....they ordered pizza & wings (stupid potlucks) :thumbup: so my nice healthy packed lunch was totally ignored....so heres the damage :blink: ..will do better tomorrow!!! :rolleyes2:

b - 2 slices of deli ham ... 2 pts

2 slices harvarti cheese - 4 pts

.5 tblespn light mayo - .5 pts

2 lettuce leaves - 0 pts

l - 2 slices sausage pizza - 15 pts

d- 6 bbq wings w/ranch dressing - 16 pts

s - 3 mini candies - 5 pts

total - 42.5 (i get 29 pts daily...used 13.5 of my weeklies)

exercise - 60 min treadmill

gotta love ww...you can still eat what you want and lose weight!! cya guys tomorrow!!

Scorpio, no worries about yesterday. You still have your weekly points to fall back on if need be, which you did. Don't feel guilty about that - that is what they are there for! You need a little wiggle room in order to enjoy yourself once in awhile. I really believe that is why so many other "diets" fail. Once you feel like you fell off, you just blow it (well at least I know I have many times in the past). Well with this awesome plan, the points start all over again every morning. New day, new start. :cursing:

You're actually doing much better than you're giving yourself credit for... at least I think so. :cursing:

diva you're doing fabulous...wtg!!! let me know if you find some super low point goodies!!! :cursing:

china, you're so lucky...sounds like you have a great vacation coming up...i'm jealous!! i was reading your posts...i understand money being tight...maybe you can join ww and go to a couple of meetings just to learn the program (super easy) then you can use this board to log your meals and get the motivation. i'll help you anyway i can!

i want us all to succeed!!! :rolleyes2:

Thanks for this, sometimes hearing this from someone else really sets the mood.. I really do appreciate that!

I agree, we can all use a vacation once in awhile. I just took some time off a few weeks ago to recharge my batteries. I didn't do anything.AT.ALL!! It really was what the doctor ordered because right after I felt a whole new motivation to get over that finish line. True I still need to lose at most 100 Lbs (we'll see how I feel after 80), but I just have a sense of desire once again. I haven't felt this motivated since a few months after banding!! :)

We all can succeed, I really do believe that!

Last night I did the Billy Blanks Boot Camp with the resistance bands. Wow it's killer!! LOL My arms hurt so bad - but hey, nothing worth doing is going to be easy right? :cursing:

I went out to lunch w/a couple of my girlfriends yasterday. I was kind of dreading it (food). But, I was really looking forward to seeing my friends again. It's been a couple of months. We all go to college together. We're in the same biology classes. College starts again Tuesday, so wanted to touch bases before the semester starts.

We went to this place I'd never been at before, it's called the Broken Egg cafe, only serves Breakfast and lunch. I got there and freaked when I saw the portion sizes on other peoples plates.

I ordered an omelet, with tomatoes, onions mushrooms and avocados. It came w/an english muffin and country (cubes) potatoes. I ate like 5 of the potato cubes and 1/2 the omelet. we were there for almost two hours! I was so proud of myself. Pre-band I'd have cleared my plate and looked at the desert menu.

I didn't know how to estimate the the points, there was no nutritional info on the menu. So, I just alotted myself 15 pts

What I learned from thsi .... I no longer have to fear going out w/friends and enjoying being social! :)

The 15 pts put me over (w/my other meals) my 32 daily pts. But, it was sooooo worth it! I love my band and am soooo glad that this thread motivated me to go back on the pts plan. :blink:

Hi ladies!! I was so excited to find this thread. This is my 2nd week doing WW online. I get 25 points per day. I love it! I've lost a pound each week. I have been stalled for a month so this is progress for me.

I was feeling pretty terrible as I feel I am such a sloooow loser. I'm sure some of that is my fault. I eat fairly healthy but unlike alot of people on these boards, I cannot allow myself to just eat until I'm satisfied. I will overeat that way. I have to make myself accountable by tracking points. For instance, I have to have my coffee in the morning. I like a lot of cream in my coffee so I would just dump the fat free crap in. Well, that stuff adds up. Now I allow myself 2 Tbsp of half and half and just count the 2 points :blink:

I don't like my band to be super tight. I hate that tight feeling in my chest when I eat. So for me, I would rather count points than get my band tightened so I can't eat normal food.

Glad to see others out there doing WW. I will be sure to check in. My weigh in day is Mondays!

I went out to lunch w/a couple of my girlfriends yasterday. I was kind of dreading it (food). But, I was really looking forward to seeing my friends again. It's been a couple of months. We all go to college together. We're in the same biology classes. College starts again Tuesday, so wanted to touch bases before the semester starts.

We went to this place I'd never been at before, it's called the Broken Egg cafe, only serves Breakfast and lunch. I got there and freaked when I saw the portion sizes on other peoples plates.

I ordered an omelet, with tomatoes, onions mushrooms and avocados. It came w/an english muffin and country (cubes) potatoes. I ate like 5 of the potato cubes and 1/2 the omelet. we were there for almost two hours! I was so proud of myself. Pre-band I'd have cleared my plate and looked at the desert menu.

I didn't know how to estimate the the points, there was no nutritional info on the menu. So, I just alotted myself 15 pts

What I learned from thsi .... I no longer have to fear going out w/friends and enjoying being social! :rolleyes2:

The 15 pts put me over (w/my other meals) my 32 daily pts. But, it was sooooo worth it! I love my band and am soooo glad that this thread motivated me to go back on the pts plan. :blink:

Isn't this the best?? Just to be fair with you, I hardly think you ate 15 points worth of food. :cursing: But I understand your reasoning. Sometimes the points counting gets in the way of having an enjoyable meal, so estimating is better. Once in awhile doing this is not going to hurt, and will only make your journey more doable in the end.

Hi ladies!! I was so excited to find this thread. This is my 2nd week doing WW online. I get 25 points per day. I love it! I've lost a pound each week. I have been stalled for a month so this is progress for me.

I was feeling pretty terrible as I feel I am such a sloooow loser. I'm sure some of that is my fault. I eat fairly healthy but unlike alot of people on these boards, I cannot allow myself to just eat until I'm satisfied. I will overeat that way. I have to make myself accountable by tracking points. For instance, I have to have my coffee in the morning. I like a lot of cream in my coffee so I would just dump the fat free crap in. Well, that stuff adds up. Now I allow myself 2 Tbsp of half and half and just count the 2 points :)

I don't like my band to be super tight. I hate that tight feeling in my chest when I eat. So for me, I would rather count points than get my band tightened so I can't eat normal food.

Glad to see others out there doing WW. I will be sure to check in. My weigh in day is Mondays!

Hi Melly, welcome!

Isn't WW just a fantastic program? I've already had a few slip ups, but I really love the idea of starting new and fresh every morning. I was able to pick myself back up immediately. Me falling and not getting back up has always been my biggest problem with weight management. I've always been able to lose weight...

I stalled for almost an entire year and finally I realized I needed to change up some habits to get accross that finish line. I'd even started to go in the wrong direction, but that's all changing now! :cursing:

Someone in the chat room asked me, "wow you need WW even though you have the band?" I was kind of taken aback by this question because, well in my opinion - yes I did. The band is not going to lose the weight for us. Only eating right and getting a workout in is going to do that. The band will only help with getting the most out of our meals. THAT IS ALL!!!! I don't know how many times I've had to say this on this website. It's astonishing what people expect from their bands...

I completely agree with the idea of being on the looser end of tightness. It's better for us anyway. The tighter the band, the higher risk for complications down the road, including removal. I'm going to be good to my band. :rolleyes2:

I can eat anything. bread, Pasta, rice - all meats... anything! It's so much healthier. I'm not limited in any way. One huge thing I've noticed since I got some fill taken out is that I'm able to get all my Fiber in during the day. It's really difficult to do this with a tight band. Fiber is just as important as Protein... but is most often forgotten.

Anway, glad you can join us - let us know how you're doing with the plan. I'm new too, so we can compare notes. I'm only a bit less than 2 weeks in. :thumbup:

POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Morning

1 1/4 item(s) red Beans and rice Soup in a cup

1 serving(s) banana Small

Subtotal

Midday

2 oz canned pink salmon

1 Garden salad

Subtotal

Evening

20 item(s) Scoops tortilla chips

Taco Soup - Quick-added food

Subtotal

Anytime

1 item(s) chocolate vanilla swirls

3 piece(s) Kisses brand milk chocolates

1 serving(s) Hostess 100 Calorie Pack Cinnamon Streusel

1 piece(s) Pecan crowns

6 oz 1% low-fat milk

1 serving(s) chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Subtotal

Food POINTS values total used

Food POINTS values remaining

Activity

40 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface)

Workout 1 (BILLY BLANKS BOOT CAMP)

Activity POINTS values earned

Edited by LilMissDiva

Good job NurseMelly! I joined WW online last Saturday and already feel better. However, I get 22 points and am having a hard time eating all of that. Anyone else have that problem? Thank ya'll so much for starting this thread. This thread actually encouraged me to join WW online and I'm finding it so fun to keep track of my points.

I've been stalled with weight loss for about 6 mos and I hope that this will get me back on the road again!

hi guys!!! glad to see some more new folks...joining the ww thread!! my day was pretty good....heres what i had...

b - 3 slices of deli ham, 3 slices of harvarti cheese, 2 lettuce leaves & 1/2 tblespn lght mayo - 9.5 pts

l - 1 cup of cantalope - 1 pt

d - 6 mini meatballs, 1/2 cup lght Tomato sauce, 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, 1/4 cup italian cheese - 9 pts

total - 19.5 pts

exercise - 15 min elliptical & 45 min treadmill

cya guys tomorrow !!!

thanks scorpioqt im getting excited the closer it gets. im gonna enjoy myself that is for sure. now for the meeting it was ok i basically sat and listened. i did speak with a women there the leader of the group and asked my questions and she told me i should attend the meeting for people how have 50+lbs to loose as the leader there could better assist me so i agreed that meeting is tomorrow at 530. so i called and spoke with the lady she seems nice. i did tell her that i have a band and she said there are a few bander that come. but, that the group sticks with ww's rules what ever that means. she did say that maybe the on-line would be best for me but, she will give me some lititure when we meet. so i will keep everone informed on how things went. i love this group everyone seems so friendly. today was a better day. i did start writing down every thing i eat and it is helping out alot. i dont count calories anymore as it only makes me mad.

8/12/09

b-1c coffee w/cream, splenda and 1/4c ricotta w/cin, splenda, nuts.:tt2:

l-2oz butter salad w/2tsp nuts, 4oz greek turkey burg, 2oz imitation crab,2tbs ff rasberry dressing

s-4sm shrimp(pb'b)

d-p-shake 3/4c strawberries, 1/4c blueberries, 1sc whey, 1/2c oj.

i hope ya dont mind if i hang out with ya even though i have not joined ww yet.

diva you're doing fabulous...wtg!!! let me know if you find some super low point goodies!!! :blink:

i want us all to succeed!!! :drool:

Someone in the chat room asked me, "wow you need WW even though you have the band?" I was kind of taken aback by this question because, well in my opinion - yes I did. The band is not going to lose the weight for us. Only eating right and getting a workout in is going to do that. The band will only help with getting the most out of our meals. THAT IS ALL!!!! I don't know how many times I've had to say this on this website. It's astonishing what people expect from their bands...

I completely agree with the idea of being on the looser end of tightness. It's better for us anyway. The tighter the band, the higher risk for complications down the road, including removal. I'm going to be good to my band. :tt2:

I can eat anything. bread, Pasta, rice - all meats... anything! It's so much healthier. I'm not limited in any way. One huge thing I've noticed since I got some fill taken out is that I'm able to get all my fiber in during the day. It's really difficult to do this with a tight band. Fiber is just as important as Protein... but is most often forgotten.

Anway, glad you can join us - let us know how you're doing with the plan. I'm new too, so we can compare notes. I'm only a bit less than 2 weeks in. :drool:

I also can eat pretty much anything with my band. I do have some food intolerance. I cannot eat popcorn for the life of me. Terrible stomach cramping pain. Same thing with fruit skin. It's weird.

The band has been a tough learning curve for me. Before I got it, I think part of me also thought it would just cut the weight off me with minimal work on my end. I guess we all wish that was the case. I'm probably not tight enough yet but I just got some sudden restriction last month and it's been hard to learn to CHEW, stop, then think if I need that next bite. I guess we all learn with time. I go back to the doctor on the 10th of September. I'm hoping I can be 190 by then.

I definitely need to get back to exercising. It's hard though cause I work 12 hour shifts and there's no way I'm getting up earlier than 4:45 am LOL I'm gonna push myself to get some activity in on my days off :blink:

Good job NurseMelly! I joined WW online last Saturday and already feel better. However, I get 22 points and am having a hard time eating all of that. Anyone else have that problem? Thank ya'll so much for starting this thread. This thread actually encouraged me to join WW online and I'm finding it so fun to keep track of my points.

I've been stalled with weight loss for about 6 mos and I hope that this will get me back on the road again!

I don't have trouble eating all my points but my band isn't really tight either. If you're having trouble consuming all your points, add some healthy calories in there. Like a cup of skim milk in between meals- that's 3 points right there. A tablespoon of Peanut Butter or maybe 2% cheese instead of fat free. They really encourage you to eat all your points so you don't burn out your metabolism.

Edited by NurseMelly
my poor spelling

After doing Weight Watchers for almost a week, I figured out that I was NOT eating healthy at all. I had lost weight with the band by eating junk food - just small amounts of it.

I have been stalled like Diva for about a year. I'm ready to get to goal by exercising and eating healthier. It's about time that I wake up and get going again.

I'm facing a Mexican potluck today at work, but I brought my Enchilada WW entree. I am determined not to eat what the others brought. It's not worth it. If I do eat something, I will sure count the points!

Is everyone getting in 5 fruits and vegetables? That's the hard part to me!

After doing Weight Watchers for almost a week, I figured out that I was NOT eating healthy at all. I had lost weight with the band by eating junk food - just small amounts of it.

I have been stalled like Diva for about a year. I'm ready to get to goal by exercising and eating healthier. It's about time that I wake up and get going again.

I'm facing a Mexican potluck today at work, but I brought my Enchilada WW entree. I am determined not to eat what the others brought. It's not worth it. If I do eat something, I will sure count the points!

Is everyone getting in 5 fruits and vegetables? That's the hard part to me!

denise, Nope I haven't had a difficult time at all eating my points (which I purposefully stay under 30 now because I've noticed I don't lose if I don't).

Thanks! I'm glad I started up this thread too! I'm just so glad it's picked up so quickly! Everyone has been great so far and I hope we can find a few more here and there. The support is so valuable!

I know what you mean about finding this fun. It's almost like a game where you do your best to stay in your points, no matter what!! :unsure: Every day I'm finding myself finding things I know I can eat that will keep me full for long periods of time, and that I can tick on my healthy foods tracker. You know what? I didn't really notice my bad choices either until this program forces you to really pay attention to what you eating. I mean, it's more than just how much you're eating - it's also WHAT you're eating!

hi guys!!! glad to see some more new folks...joining the ww thread!! my day was pretty good....heres what i had...

b - 3 slices of deli ham, 3 slices of harvarti cheese, 2 lettuce leaves & 1/2 tblespn lght mayo - 9.5 pts

l - 1 cup of cantalope - 1 pt

d - 6 mini meatballs, 1/2 cup lght Tomato sauce, 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, 1/4 cup italian cheese - 9 pts

total - 19.5 pts

exercise - 15 min elliptical & 45 min treadmill

cya guys tomorrow !!!

Wow great job so far scorpio!

thanks scorpioqt im getting excited the closer it gets. im gonna enjoy myself that is for sure. now for the meeting it was ok i basically sat and listened. i did speak with a women there the leader of the group and asked my questions and she told me i should attend the meeting for people how have 50+lbs to loose as the leader there could better assist me so i agreed that meeting is tomorrow at 530. so i called and spoke with the lady she seems nice. i did tell her that i have a band and she said there are a few bander that come. but, that the group sticks with ww's rules what ever that means. she did say that maybe the on-line would be best for me but, she will give me some lititure when we meet. so i will keep everone informed on how things went. i love this group everyone seems so friendly. today was a better day. i did start writing down every thing i eat and it is helping out alot. i dont count calories anymore as it only makes me mad.

8/12/09

b-1c coffee w/cream, splenda and 1/4c ricotta w/cin, splenda, nuts.:blink:

l-2oz butter salad w/2tsp nuts, 4oz greek turkey burg, 2oz imitation crab,2tbs ff rasberry dressing

s-4sm shrimp(pb'b)

d-p-shake 3/4c strawberries, 1/4c blueberries, 1sc whey, 1/2c oj.

i hope ya dont mind if i hang out with ya even though i have not joined ww yet.

Hope your meeting goes well!! You can post here anytime! Based on what I see so far, I think you will do excellent in the program. Let us know how it goes!

I also can eat pretty much anything with my band. I do have some food intolerance. I cannot eat popcorn for the life of me. Terrible stomach cramping pain. Same thing with fruit skin. It's weird.

The band has been a tough learning curve for me. Before I got it, I think part of me also thought it would just cut the weight off me with minimal work on my end. I guess we all wish that was the case. I'm probably not tight enough yet but I just got some sudden restriction last month and it's been hard to learn to CHEW, stop, then think if I need that next bite. I guess we all learn with time. I go back to the doctor on the 10th of September. I'm hoping I can be 190 by then.

I definitely need to get back to exercising. It's hard though cause I work 12 hour shifts and there's no way I'm getting up earlier than 4:45 am LOL I'm gonna push myself to get some activity in on my days off :)

I don't have trouble eating all my points but my band isn't really tight either. If you're having trouble consuming all your points, add some healthy calories in there. Like a cup of skim milk in between meals- that's 3 points right there. A tablespoon of Peanut Butter or maybe 2% cheese instead of fat free. They really encourage you to eat all your points so you don't burn out your metabolism.

I used to have so many intolerances. I mean, I'm not totally always wide open. In fact for lunch I had 2 pieces of french bread and it gave me some fits at first. I had to just slow it down (because it was soooo delicious!! :confused:) and all was well within 10 minutes. Some days are tighter than others. Today must be one of my more tight days.

hi everybody....so, today i used some more of my 35 weekly points...i'm so glad i can come on here and post what i eat...it some what holds me accountable. but anyway, here it goes ....

b - mcdonalds cheeseburger - 7pts

s - salsa sun chips (very addicting) - 4 pts

l - in & out burger double w/cheese - 20 pts

d - french fries w/cheese & grilled onions (in & out too) - 17 pts

whopping total - 48 (used 19 more of my weekly pts)

exercise - 30 min stationary bike, 30 min treadmill and 20 min of weight training

i made really bad food choices, but it was soooo good...i havent had my first fill yet, its not scheduled till aug 19th...i've been losing consistently every week 1 to 2 lbs (using ww along w/exercise) ...i try and keep my pts at 24, which in calorie counting is 1200 a day...and i notice if i increase my pts a couple of times a week (using the xtra 35) i usually lose....the only weeks i havnt had a loss (maintain my weight havnt had a gain yet) are when its that time of the month. soooo, when i go for my next dr's visit i dont know if i will end up getting a fill or not...i enjoy being able to eat what i want and still lose weight. i have a total fear of pb'ing or getting stuck or throwing up...doesnt sound fun to me at all.

friday is my weigh day...i'll let you guys know how it goes!!! :) cya guys tomorrow....

Edited by Scorpioqt